Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Hey historian mate! :)

historian said:
Regretfully I'm also getting an error at checkout. :confused:

I'll see if I can't get something worked out.

I don't understand that, it seems to be selective. I have definately been getting sales from people. I hope you get it all sorted satisfactorily. I'm sure Chris should be able to sort the problem out when he gets the chance.

-Eä-

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Eä matey! :)

hope you are keeping well? How was your time in California...a bit hotter than you are used to I suspect? :p

My time in California was excellent. Many nice math people who shared my love for movies and such. Hotter, certainly, but not uncomfortably so. I didn't hook up with fellow gamers, though, but I imagine the break was healthy in some ways.
I had to leave a bit earlier than planned, though, due to my lack of a driver's licence. Apparently you need one to get around there.

Upper_Krust said:
Noticed you have been a bit more active lately, and over at the WotC boards too. ;)

It comes and goes in periods for me. Right now, I'm in a D20 period, and being in a period like that, means assimilating all I have missed the last several couple of months. However, I do think shifting game systems now and then gives perspective and insight for adapting and customising the individual systems and settings for ones own taste.

Upper_Krust said:
When I have some money I plan on doing this myself. :eek:

Invested for a good cause (-:

Even though the print version is released, it may still be a while. ...And a printed version will also help me convince my comrades that they need to pick up Ascension

Last edited:

U_K!
Awesome job on the Cover. I don't think Apep has a clue who he is dealing with. :D
Thrin's 3rd edition stats, especially with your rules, would indeed be scary.
And he could keep his ring of Vampiric Regeneration too (A potent* item in 3E, more powerful than most artifacts) (*Potent, Read: Broken :)), I estimate its worth as at least 36,000 gp (Wrathful healing is a +3 bonus and does the same thing as a weapon special ability).
I hope finishing up Ascension goes quickly, I am quite Curious as to your Omega Effect and Astro Effect powers. (My Imagination leads me to frightening conclusions based on the power of the Ultima Effect power) And if your rules for Cosmic Blast are anything remotely like they are in your Silver Surfer writeup, Your coolness factor would jump 20% in my book (Which would matter if you were not allready winning).
Curiously, does your divinity system have an upper limit to divine ranks? Or could a High Lord just keep acumulating them (Somehow) and gain more Bonuses/powers until they had all the powers or until the DM (or G.ame O.rdinance D.irector) slapped him or her?

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

I don't understand that, it seems to be selective. I have definately been getting sales from people. I hope you get it all sorted satisfactorily. I'm sure Chris should be able to sort the problem out when he gets the chance.

I think we'll get it sorted promptly.

Chris has been great.

Good luck w/pre-orders! :)

Fieari

Explorer
Hopefully the preorders so far will allow him to pay his rent and buy groceries sufficient to give him the strength to finish on time.

Hey Eä matey! :)

-Eä- said:
My time in California was excellent.

:)

-Eä- said:
Many nice math people who shared my love for movies and such. Hotter, certainly, but not uncomfortably so. I didn't hook up with fellow gamers, though, but I imagine the break was healthy in some ways.

I had to leave a bit earlier than planned, though, due to my lack of a driver's licence. Apparently you need one to get around there.

Well I haven't been to California but they do seem to have everything very spread out, and with no underground system (as far as I know) its probably tricky to get around.

Hopefully I will get over to Gencon next year for a holiday.

-Eä- said:
It comes and goes in periods for me. Right now, I'm in a D20 period, and being in a period like that, means assimilating all I have missed the last several couple of months. However, I do think shifting game systems now and then gives perspective and insight for adapting and customising the individual systems and settings for ones own taste.

Cool. :cool:

-Eä- said:
Invested for a good cause (-:

Indeed.

-Eä- said:
Even though the print version is released, it may still be a while. ...And a printed version will also help me convince my comrades that they need to pick up Ascension

The print version of Asension should show up in around December this year...just in time for the holidays. :p

Ltheb Silverfrond said:

Hey Ltheb mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Awesome job on the Cover.

Thanks, although I am no Wayne Reynolds. :eek:

Although I wonder what size he works to? I painted the Ascension cover at slightly over 200% of the final size it was to be shown, but I still can't seem to get anywhere near his amount of detail. :confused:

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I don't think Apep has a clue who he is dealing with. :D

Well I know Thrin's stats but I haven't sorted out Apep's so Thrin could well be in trouble. :p

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Thrin's 3rd edition stats, especially with your rules, would indeed be scary.

Well Thrin's stats will be in the Immortals Handbook: Chronicle, the appendix of Iconic Immortal Heroes and Villains.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
And he could keep his ring of Vampiric Regeneration too (A potent* item in 3E, more powerful than most artifacts) (*Potent, Read: Broken :)), I estimate its worth as at least 36,000 gp (Wrathful healing is a +3 bonus and does the same thing as a weapon special ability).

Well of course there may be certain powers that duplicate such an effect... ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I hope finishing up Ascension goes quickly,

Me too.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I am quite Curious as to your Omega Effect and Astro Effect powers. (My Imagination leads me to frightening conclusions based on the power of the Ultima Effect power) And if your rules for Cosmic Blast are anything remotely like they are in your Silver Surfer writeup, Your coolness factor would jump 20% in my book (Which would matter if you were not allready winning).

It might be similar. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Curiously, does your divinity system have an upper limit to divine ranks?

Not really.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Or could a High Lord just keep acumulating them (Somehow) and gain more Bonuses/powers until they had all the powers or until the DM (or G.ame O.rdinance D.irector) slapped him or her?

Yes, pretty much. You will see how I handle High Lords Chapter 2 Divinity.

CR_UNLIMITED!!!

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hello CR_UNLIMITED!!!! :)

...are you any relation to CR_Greathouse. :p

Nope, i'm better!!! I'm unlimitied.

Well I wouldn't necessarily say its about you specifically...but you are definately in it. ;)

Sweet, I want to have a luckblade with 7 wishes and a +25 magic modifier.

I appreciate the vote of confidence dude! :cool:

Don't worry about my confidence in you, worry about the books. They come out faster that way or maybe if you had some more fiber... :)

Twin Rose

First Post
The problem that Paradox was having, and perhaps others as well, seems to be this:

Paypal, our credit card processor, doesn't appear to want to accept Visa Debit cards (perhaps other debit cards as well, but visa seems for sure). When testing, I assumed it didn't want to take my debit card because - well - it's a paypal debit card. I'm not sure why this is, but it just seems to be the case. For those having the problem, I suggest using paypal itself to make the purchase. (As an asside, it saves us about 25 cents if people use paypal instead of credit card anyway).

I think I'll make sure and put a disclaimer on the payment method page, but first I need to test if mastercard and/or other debit cards work. This is difficult, being that I don't have any of those to test with :p If someone else has one and has found problems, please let me know.

Hello again! :)

CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:
Nope, i'm better!!! I'm unlimitied.

He is great though. ;)

CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:
Sweet, I want to have a luckblade with 7 wishes and a +25 magic modifier.

Seems straightforward enough, however, you might find some even luckier weapons in the Immortals Handbook: Grimoire. ;)

CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:
Don't worry about my confidence in you, worry about the books. They come out faster that way or maybe if you had some more fiber... :)

:D

Remove ads