• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Given the massive calculations required for epic bestiary creatures it is possible for errors. In fact, if there were no errors, Id begin thinking Krusty was a terminator. I kinda see miscalculations as flavor text. They humanize a manuscript of any variety. I think Im gonna see this one for myself, I dont typically analyze these things though because I do my own calculations and redo them and redo them each time I level something up. This means that I eventually catch my mistakes after at least six or so test runs. Ill check this for you though, as it will save Krusty some time and effort.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Just checked it, and ur right...in fact, he forgot to add the constitution modifier for each age category where the dragon should have one. It's constitution is going in sequences of threes.

25 28 31 34 37 40 43 46 49 52 55 58

It should read...if virtual size categories function as he says...as follows

25 28 31 38 37 40 43 51 54 57 64 67

It's more than likely a simple oversight. Probably due to heavy time constraints. If you get three points per age category plus the virtual size category modifier...then it should read as I noted above. Either dragons dont get the constitution modifier or he erred with each dragon species that gets virtual size categories.

Knight Otu

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
I know you guys are eager, so am I to get it done. But I want it done 'right'.
Have you considered to send those portions that are (reasonably) complete to those who offered editing, so that they can work through those parts (holding off to send you what they find until you give the go-ahead), while you work through the parts that still need finishing? I know it's hard to avoid tinkering, but it might work?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
VOID DRAGON
Night Dragon
Dragon (Extraplanar, Undead)

Wouldnt

Void Dragon
Night Dragon
Undead (Augmented [Dragon], Extraplanar)

be more accurate?

Abiding? What is abiding? It doesnt explain that. I even did a document search...nothing, except the entry under special for void dragon abilities.

Dont mean to nit pick or anything, but the void dragon is an odd one when it comes to types and subtypes. Unless of course your inferring that it has undead as a subtype rather than a type.

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Actually, strike that note on virtual size categories. I think Ive discovered what he did. I think he intended for the virtual size categories to only affect damage dice. Maybe? We'll just have to wait till Krusty explains his reasoning. Kuz if he forgot virtual size categories then he didnt do the armor classes right either. Not that I mind, sheesh, whats for calculations compared to billions he has to do. To be honest I feel bad for anyone who has to do that much math. Until then though Im going by the theory that he missed it. It'll give my greater multiheaded lernaean void dragon an extra +152 natural armor. Which isnt much against other dragons, but it's a lot when you want the dragon to sleep in a cavern and not get messed with by humans. It would also put them more in line with their strength. That way when two of them fight each other, they arent automatically hitting every time.

With the virtual size categories included they all even out more. So my vote is include the modifiers so that it isnt a battle of slash slash...oh crap were all dead. The modifiers are a bit tricky though so be careful in your calculations. Dont get confused by mixing up size vs virtual size. I do that myself sometimes.

Last edited:

Hiya mate! :)

Knight Otu said:
Have you considered to send those portions that are (reasonably) complete to those who offered editing, so that they can work through those parts (holding off to send you what they find until you give the go-ahead), while you work through the parts that still need finishing? I know it's hard to avoid tinkering, but it might work?

No because I don't want to have to explain what parts are and are not complete, which is going to mean me going through it all and compiling a list of unfinished paragraphs, tables or whatever. Its self defeating.

dante58701 said:
VOID DRAGON
Night Dragon
Dragon (Extraplanar, Undead)

Wouldnt

Void Dragon
Night Dragon
Undead (Augmented [Dragon], Extraplanar)

be more accurate?

Its Dragon base but its undead and an outsider.

dante58701 said:
Abiding? What is abiding? It doesnt explain that. I even did a document search...nothing, except the entry under special for void dragon abilities.

Abiding as in permanent.

dante58701 said:
Dont mean to nit pick or anything, but the void dragon is an odd one when it comes to types and subtypes. Unless of course your inferring that it has undead as a subtype rather than a type.

Yes, because I want the 'Dragon' part to be the base.

Hello again matey! :)

dante58701 said:
Actually, strike that note on virtual size categories. I think Ive discovered what he did. I think he intended for the virtual size categories to only affect damage dice. Maybe? We'll just have to wait till Krusty explains his reasoning. Kuz if he forgot virtual size categories then he didnt do the armor classes right either. Not that I mind, sheesh, whats for calculations compared to billions he has to do. To be honest I feel bad for anyone who has to do that much math. Until then though Im going by the theory that he missed it. It'll give my greater multiheaded lernaean void dragon an extra +152 natural armor. Which isnt much against other dragons, but it's a lot when you want the dragon to sleep in a cavern and not get messed with by humans. It would also put them more in line with their strength. That way when two of them fight each other, they arent automatically hitting every time.

With the virtual size categories included they all even out more. So my vote is include the modifiers so that it isnt a battle of slash slash...oh crap were all dead. The modifiers are a bit tricky though so be careful in your calculations. Dont get confused by mixing up size vs virtual size. I do that myself sometimes.

Thats another oversight on my part. In my defense VSC was initially going to be Str/Damage. But it got changed somewhere along the way, and I must have forgotten to input the changes. Sorry.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
So abiding means they can never be destroyed? Im not really sure what ur getting at. I think I get the rest though...dragon (outsider, undead, evil, extraplanar) ?

I love dragons. Im currently gonna be creating two. A void dragon...and...an amidah great great great wyrm polychromatic dragon named aconite. The void dragon is a back up in case Aconite dies. Because Aconite is destined to become a void dragon if he ever dies. It was part of a pact he made with a time lord. Imagine...a void dragon in service to a time lord. Essentially like playing a mortal in service to an overdeity. Aconite has been a character of mine for some time. Originally from first edition AD&D. He was the son of tiamat, but he became vastly more powerful than her. In truth...adding an amidah template is weakening him. But I wanted him to be more playable than a polychromatic dragon with 36 age categories. So the group reasoned that he would be an amidah. Afterall, in our campaign he slew the entire babylonian pantheon. The god of death, of course, was the biggest pain in the rear.

As for the errors, dont sweat it. Im amazed there werent more considering how much you have to do. And to be honest...WOTC has far more errors than any publisher Ive ever seen.
You think they would at least run a damn spell checker.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads