• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

I don't mind having Zs. As far as I'm concerned, each letter should keep to its own sound. Following that reasoning, I believe the letter C should either get the "ch" sound or be abolished completely.

On topic: I can hardly wait for Ascension beta release! Yayyyyy!

Wow, learn something new every day.
If U_K finishes the beta document before the end of the week, that day shall become a holiday in my book. A Holiday, being somewhat of a cross between New Years Eve, and Ragnarok.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Disciple of Ketsueki

The disciple of Ketsueki is an individual bent on violent revenge. For them only blood will cleanse their soul of their self inflicted torment. Drawn from all walks of life, they seek to slaughter those who have erred from the path of righteousness. They care not that the wicked they slay are forever damned and irredeemable. They care not for the countless masses that cry out in protest. They only care for the wrongs that were commited, wrongs they consider unforgivable. And thus, in blind passion, they slaughter the hope of the repentance and salvation of the wicked. And thus, they damn their own souls.

Hit Dice:d12

Requirements
To qualify to become a disciple of Ketsueki one must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment:Any evil.
Skills:Concentration 10 ranks, Gather Information 10 ranks, Hide 10 ranks, Move Silently 10 ranks.
Feats:Alertness, Dark Speech, Evil Brand, Iron Will, Vile Ki Strike
Special:Must be selected by Ketsueki himself. Must seek vengeance for wrongs comitted to one's self or others.

The Disciple of Ketsueki
Class Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1st +1 +2 +2 +2 Bite, Blood Drain, Lifewell
2nd +2 +3 +3 +3 Energy Drain 1, Invigorate
3rd +3 +3 +3 +3 Special Attack Boost (Empower), Soul Strength, Soul Blast
4th +4 +4 +4 +4 Special Attack Boost (Heighten), Mortal Skin (Humanoid)
5th +5 +4 +4 +4 Blood Servant, Greater Blood Drain, Soul Enhancement
6th +6 +5 +5 +5 Special Attack Boost (Maximize), Mortal Skin (Any nondragon)
7th +7 +5 +5 +5 Greater Invigorate, Claws of the Overfiend, Soul Endurance
8th +8 +6 +6 +6 Soul Radiance, Energy Drain 2
9th +9 +6 +6 +6 Mortal Skin (Any), Soul Agility, Soul Slave
10th +10 +7 +7 +7 Apotheosis, Soul Power

Class Skills:Alchemy (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentation (Con), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Innuendo (Wis), Jump (Str), Move Silently (Dex), Swim (Str)

Special – These abilities function as per the abilties of the same name in the book of vile darkness. Except, for Apotheosis, which bestows upon the disciple the half-fiend template. Such half-fiends are always pitch black with angelic wings.
Bite, Blood Drain, Lifewell Energy Drain 1, Invigorate, Special Attack Boost (Empower), Soul Strength, Soul Blast, Special Attack Boost (Heighten), Mortal Skin (Humanoid), Blood Servant, Greater Blood Drain, Soul Enhancement, Special Attack Boost (Maximize), Mortal Skin (Any nondragon), Greater Invigorate, Claws of the Overfiend, Soul Endurance, Soul Radiance, Energy Drain 2, Mortal Skin (Any), Soul Agility, Soul Slave, Apotheosis, Soul Power

Ex-Disciples of Ketsueki
Ex-Disciples of Ketsueki are immediately destroyed by Ketsueki. As he gives him far more power than is typical, he expects far more loyalty. He has a great deal of personal interest in each disciple.

The disciple of Ketsueki prestige class is not so much a prestige class as it is a gradual bestowal of tremendous power. Each disciple must seek out Ketsueki and recieve his blessing in order to advance to the next level. Without his blessing, they cannot advance any further as a disciple of ketsueki.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Its the disciple class for the Balseraph Im playing. Which explains the relevance. Im just running it by the masses to see if it needs stricter prerequisites.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Heres an ability Im giving to a maskim who associates with drow a lot. What do you think people? Im open to any critiquing, good or bad.

Patron of the Drow (Ex/Although the maskim is indeed still a maskim, through his many centuries of dealings with the drow, he has come to not only look like a drow, he has also acquired all of their racial characteristics in addition to his own racial characteristics. This permanently alters his statistics as follows: Size: Medium (Acquires +2 Virtual Size Categories as a compensation for his loss in actual size) and adds the following to his traditional maskim abilities: Drow Traits (As so noted in the 3.5 Monster Manual). Additionally, he has acquired the ability to exceed the racial hit dice limitations of his race. Of course his dealings with the drow have also put him at odds with his own kind. Thus, he is considered an outcaste by his own people. As a result of this, he recieves a -20 to interpersonal skill checks when dealing with maskim.)

Hey all! :)

I'm being conservative with my time at the moment - for obvious reasons.

historian said:

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
I picked it up yesterday for myself. I think it's a good product notwithstanding the Demon Lords being underpowered.

One thing I have noticed that is rather disturbing is that I can't foresee how Demogorgon as statted could defeat Orcus as statted absent a critical failure on a d20 roll -- and even at that it's not a given.

Yes, you have to laugh, they didn't even give Demogorgon power attack for goodness sake. :confused:

All the Armor Classes seem devoid of any logic as well. :(

I will say this though, the art for Demogorgon is awesome (and Fraz-Urb'luu, Juiblex, Kostchtchie and Pazuzu), although I hate that they shrunk all the illustrations down so much that they seem a tad more feeble than they should.

What the heck was the thinking behind this 160 page limit. :mad:

...and the Orcus vs. Demogorgon battle should have been the Cover Painting.

I did find I liked one bit of the Demon Lord's stats, that they made Kostchtchie 'Huge' size.

Hopefully they'll set a few things straight in his Demonomicon article...+1 icy burst maul...NOOOOO! +11 brutal*, icy blast cold iron maul more like.

*Crushing version of Vorpal.

historian said:
BTW, all this editorial commentary reminds me that I have failed to update my copy of the Bestiary since version 1.2. :heh:

I've been regretfully slack in that regard and honestly I was more than pleased with what I've had, but it occurs to me that I should do something about this prior to the release of Ascension.

Any suggestions?

Email me if you can no longer download it. :p

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Yes, you have to laugh, they didn't even give Demogorgon power attack for goodness sake.

All the Armor Classes seem devoid of any logic as well.

Initial playtesting confirms suspicions that they do not stack up well with your creations in the Bestiary (I've been playing around with Cicatrix).

I will say this though, the art for Demogorgon is awesome (and Fraz-Urb'luu, Juiblex, Kostchtchie and Pazuzu), although I hate that they shrunk all the illustrations down so much that they seem a tad more feeble than they should.

What the heck was the thinking behind this 160 page limit.

...and the Orcus vs. Demogorgon battle should have been the Cover Painting.

Agreed on the art and I would have much preferred to have seen the Orcus vs. Demogorgon battle in color and on front.

Hopefully they'll set a few things straight in his Demonomicon article...+1 icy burst maul...NOOOOO! +11 brutal*, icy blast cold iron maul more like.

*Crushing version of Vorpal.

:p

Don't count on it. I believe we'll have to wait for your redux.

Email me if you can no longer download it.

:D

You've been e-mailed and I'll go on record publicly as admitting I'm an idiot. :eek:

Remove ads