Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Upper_Krust said:
I did find I liked one bit of the Demon Lord's stats, that they made Kostchtchie 'Huge' size.

Twenty-four feet tall!

Hopefully they'll set a few things straight in his Demonomicon article...+1 icy burst maul...NOOOOO! +11 brutal*, icy blast cold iron maul more like.

*Crushing version of Vorpal.

In the Demonomicon article, he uses a +3 icy burst truebane cold iron maul. Truebane is a new magic weapon quality introduced in that article; it makes the weapon a bane weapon against creatures of the wielder's type, but when it hits a creature of a different type, it becomes a bane weapon against that type instead for 1 round.

Alzrius said:
Twenty-four feet tall!

Well as long as he's bigger than a Frost Giant, that was the main thing. 50% bigger sounds okay.

I didn't understand why they made Baphomet bigger? I always liked the idea of him and Yeenoghu being roughly the same height. :confused:

Alzrius said:
In the Demonomicon article, he uses a +3 icy burst truebane cold iron maul. Truebane is a new magic weapon quality introduced in that article; it makes the weapon a bane weapon against creatures of the wielder's type, but when it hits a creature of a different type, it becomes a bane weapon against that type instead for 1 round.

That issue is not out here yet (we get our issues one month behind).

But at least thats an improvement, albeit a tiny one.

cradledrapture

Banned
Banned
I wish they would just admit they were retarded and redo the "Hordes of the Abyss".

It was rediculous the way they made the demonlords look malnourished and underfed. My 34th level halfling rogue could kill Orcus. I was devastated when I saw Pazuzu's stats. How do they get away with these atrocities?

cradledrapture said:
I wish they would just admit they were retarded and redo the "Hordes of the Abyss".

It was rediculous the way they made the demonlords look malnourished and underfed. My 34th level halfling rogue could kill Orcus. I was devastated when I saw Pazuzu's stats. How do they get away with these atrocities?

In and of themselves, there is nothing wrong with the Demon Lord stats from Hordes of the Abyss.

I read John Cooper's review of the book and he actually applauded the lower powered stats.

However, the problem arises when you actually try and put the stats into any sort of logical perspective with regards the context of the Demon Lords and their positions. They simply don't make any sense whatsoever.

...In fact I don't want to discuss it anymore, it'll just annoy me. I said my stuff over in the other thread, lets just leave it at that. :mad:

Knight Otu

First Post
Please do not dwell too much on it, and keep the discussion on-topic. cradledrapture has, as far as I see, agreed to discuss the matter in private with the forum mods, and that's how it should stay.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Knight Otu said:
Please do not dwell too much on it, and keep the discussion on-topic. cradledrapture has, as far as I see, agreed to discuss the matter in private with the forum mods, and that's how it should stay.

I've removed the offending posts to keep the thread tidy.

-Hyp.
(Moderator)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Alzrius said:

What's the price on that?

Remove ads