Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rockhoward56

First Post
hello all

yop!
After re-reading the bestiary (which is very great :D ) i've some questions:
His Armor Class :83 but (9 deflection+5 Dex+6 Divine+51 (epic bracers)+8 natural armor)=79
Attack: +71 but(35 base+18 sword bonus+9For+6Divine+1 epic prowess=69)

HOWWWWWWW KILLLLLLLL the NEXus dragon , for me this monster ( before Ascension release , his invicible )
I think the Neutronium Golem , base attack bonus , accretion check , Saves, Gravic Aura and disintegration check are too low for a 9721 uber monster)
why not using the math for a 2500d100 monster? woild be more accurate maybe?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
If a sadim stopped being greedy, what adjustments would have to be made to it? The reason I ask is a player in my campaign is playing a sadim, who through devastating tragedy, cast aside all his wealth. Would it retain all of its abilities or would some change? And if they did change, what would they change to?

Pssthpok

First Post
Hey, UK. Question for you.

You make mention of abilities like Infinite Strength and such. My question is in comparing such scores. Does a character with Infinite Strength deal infinite damage? This seems obvious, but does a charater with Infinite Constitution, when struck by a character with Infinite Strength, just cancel out the two infinities and take 'normal' damage, or is there a more complicated mechanic in place?
I suppose I could just wait a week or two, but I figured I'd ask.

Hey Rockhoward mate! :)

Rockhoward56 said:
yop!
After re-reading the bestiary (which is very great :D )

Thank you! :)

Rockhoward56 said:
i've some questions:
His Armor Class :83 but (9 deflection+5 Dex+6 Divine+51 (epic bracers)+8 natural armor)=79
Attack: +71 but(35 base+18 sword bonus+9For+6Divine+1 epic prowess=69)

I appreciate the errata. Wherer were you a few weeks ago when I was finishing the print version!? :p

Rockhoward56 said:
HOWWWWWWW KILLLLLLLL the NEXus dragon , for me this monster ( before Ascension release , his invicible )

I think of all the monsters in the Bestiary the Nexus Dragon's Challenge Rating is the most likely to be wrong.

You probably need the powers in Ascension, spells and artifacts from Grimoire to defeat the monsters of about CR 200+. Its all very well just tacking on levels, but the more powerful abilities are always slightly better than the sum of their parts.

Rockhoward56 said:
I think the Neutronium Golem , base attack bonus , accretion check , Saves, Gravic Aura and disintegration check are too low for a 9721 uber monster)
why not using the math for a 2500d100 monster? woild be more accurate maybe?

Basically I designed a golem made of Neutronium and then worked out its Challenge Rating, I wasn't trying to design a monster with a 9721 CR.

Also I don't think creatures will have very high Hit Dice, even though I hint at that with the size rules.

Hey dante mate! :)

By the way I was happy to see you apologised, but enough about that now. Its all water under the bridge. ;)

dante58701 said:
If a sadim stopped being greedy, what adjustments would have to be made to it? The reason I ask is a player in my campaign is playing a sadim, who through devastating tragedy, cast aside all his wealth. Would it retain all of its abilities or would some change? And if they did change, what would they change to?

Off the top of my head I would probably say that the Sadim would need to eat wealth to retain its Breath Weapon...in the same sort of way a Dracolich has still eat to maintain its.

Hey Pssthpok mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
Hey, UK. Question for you.

You make mention of abilities like Infinite Strength and such. My question is in comparing such scores. Does a character with Infinite Strength deal infinite damage?

Yes.

Pssthpok said:
This seems obvious, but does a charater with Infinite Constitution, when struck by a character with Infinite Strength, just cancel out the two infinities and take 'normal' damage, or is there a more complicated mechanic in place?
I suppose I could just wait a week or two, but I figured I'd ask.

I think thats the simplest way to do it.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
For sadims who are no longer greedy. I think their other abilities would remain unscathed, but I think a non-greedy sadim would be consumed by a newfound hatred for the greedy, or at least a strong dislike. Afterall, noone likes being reminded of their sordid past. What domains would a standard non-greedy sadim grant access too?

Devoid of Greed (Ex):Because he is no longer greedy, he must consume gold in order to maintain his breathweapon. The ammount of gold he must consume is equal to his character level in gold pieces each day. For each day he goes without consuming gold, his breathweapons recovery rate is lengthened by one round.

PS...ARE WE THERE YET!!!! :) I just want me book. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads