• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Grimoire (Artifacts, Epic Magic discussion)

Fieari

Explorer
Well, of course you've already seen my "Eternal Season", which I made in order to create HALF the effect of the White Witch's "Always Winter, Never Christmas" spell. I'd definitely like to see that one in the Grimorie. Keeping St. Nick out of Narnia wasn't just a forbiddance effect. It also had a lot to do with smothering hope... I'm sure you can work with that concept. Not just a control weather, but a massive control emotions that reflects itself in the weather and the ability to have feasts and celebrations and such.

I recently wrote up the details for my "gimormous molten iron fist" spell...

Oh, bugger! It got deleted this morning before I saved it! If I have time later tonight I'll put it here.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Protectives:
Ideal Albedo. You perfectly diffuse incoming radiation, granting you immunity to light and radiation damage of any kind.

Architecturals:
The Wide Bridge. Take two stretches of coastline of equal length but differing position. (How different depends on the power of the spell - low level ones might be limited to crossing oceans or lakes, high level ones might span interstellar space or planes.) Hence forth, anyone stepping on to the water at one shoreline can, if they desire, continue to stride across the water as though it were solid land, passing through a fantastical gateway to the corresponding point on the connected shore.
The High Tower. Enchant a building. (At higher levels, enchant an area or portion of space that affects all buildings within it.) That building can now, regardless of construction material, support itself and it's inhabitants and contents to any height; they are effectively weightless. The building will not collapse so long as even a single support, however fragile, remains.
The Low Pit. Create a hole in the ground of any depth, up to and including straight through the world. Regardless of structural stability, it will never collapse.

U_K!
I was doing some thinking about the Divine/Technological relationship, and, without any other modifiers, a Gravitic Beam cannon is purchase DC 55. (In whatever Progress level it could be found in) (Number was obtained by finding gold value of weapon enhancement bonus and useing $20 per Gp...)
Transient powers are at a base of DC 67...
Omnific powers start at DC 80...
(This is before any other modifiers or such, like the *x10 epic multiplier*, but adding that adda bout 9 to the DC)
So for [Effect]-based weaponry, the purchase DCs are such:
Tier - Level 1 - Level 2 - level 3 - level 4
Divine - DC 43 - DC 48 - DC 51 - DC 53
Cosmic - DC 55 - DC 61 - DC 63 - DC 65
Transient - DC 67 - DC 72 - DC 75 - DC 77
Omnific (After 1 rank in an Omnific [Effect] it goes off my wealth table, and I don't know their formula)
Aproximations using above numbers:
Omnific - DC 80 - DC 85 - DC 88 - DC 90

So, a laser that fires a beam of pure anti-matter (Then it's not a laser!) is *only* 27 and a half Trillion dollars!

Hi Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
Well, of course you've already seen my "Eternal Season", which I made in order to create HALF the effect of the White Witch's "Always Winter, Never Christmas" spell. I'd definitely like to see that one in the Grimorie. Keeping St. Nick out of Narnia wasn't just a forbiddance effect. It also had a lot to do with smothering hope... I'm sure you can work with that concept. Not just a control weather, but a massive control emotions that reflects itself in the weather and the ability to have feasts and celebrations and such.

Very cool. I like it - consider that nicked. ;)

Chosen01 said:
Hey Krust :) Check-out this article - The Top 12 Comic Book Superweapons

Hey Chosen01 mate! :)

Good to see you.

Thanks very much for the link. Interesting article, even if half of them were the objects of power from the JLA/Avengers crossover. I thought his comments on them were fun though. :)

I may have homages to a few of those items in Grimoire. ;)

Chosen01 said:
May I suggest a progression for the epic spell Crown of Vermin…

Crown of Devastation Vermin :D

You may indeed. I like it! Now all we need is a Macrobe Wizard powerful enough to cast it. :eek:

Hi Anabstercorian mate! :)

Anabstercorian said:
Protectives:
Ideal Albedo. You perfectly diffuse incoming radiation, granting you immunity to light and radiation damage of any kind.

Architecturals:
The Wide Bridge. Take two stretches of coastline of equal length but differing position. (How different depends on the power of the spell - low level ones might be limited to crossing oceans or lakes, high level ones might span interstellar space or planes.) Hence forth, anyone stepping on to the water at one shoreline can, if they desire, continue to stride across the water as though it were solid land, passing through a fantastical gateway to the corresponding point on the connected shore.
The High Tower. Enchant a building. (At higher levels, enchant an area or portion of space that affects all buildings within it.) That building can now, regardless of construction material, support itself and it's inhabitants and contents to any height; they are effectively weightless. The building will not collapse so long as even a single support, however fragile, remains.
The Low Pit. Create a hole in the ground of any depth, up to and including straight through the world. Regardless of structural stability, it will never collapse.

I like this last one, reminds me of the tunnel carved by Slerotin (the last mage of power) in Oeridian history.

High Tower is nice too, I can see Nimrod stacking seven of them to create the tower of Babel and reach up into the clouds - his perch from which to challenge the gods.

Hiya mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!
I was doing some thinking about the Divine/Technological relationship, and, without any other modifiers, a Gravitic Beam cannon is purchase DC 55. (In whatever Progress level it could be found in) (Number was obtained by finding gold value of weapon enhancement bonus and useing $20 per Gp...)
Transient powers are at a base of DC 67...
Omnific powers start at DC 80...
(This is before any other modifiers or such, like the *x10 epic multiplier*, but adding that adda bout 9 to the DC)
So for [Effect]-based weaponry, the purchase DCs are such:
Tier - Level 1 - Level 2 - level 3 - level 4
Divine - DC 43 - DC 48 - DC 51 - DC 53
Cosmic - DC 55 - DC 61 - DC 63 - DC 65
Transient - DC 67 - DC 72 - DC 75 - DC 77
Omnific (After 1 rank in an Omnific [Effect] it goes off my wealth table, and I don't know their formula)
Aproximations using above numbers:
Omnific - DC 80 - DC 85 - DC 88 - DC 90

I will of course have lots of futuristic melee and missile weapons in Grimoire.

Progress Levels might bring the price down, or alternately have raised inflation by a sufficient amount to make personal weapons affordable...but there is always customisation I suppose. ;)

I like the idea of Weapon-Wands. So thats an idea I plan to explore.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
So, a laser that fires a beam of pure anti-matter (Then it's not a laser!) is *only* 27 and a half Trillion dollars!

Cheap at twice the price! :D

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I'm exploring the pricing of epic items, and I came up with a value of 60 million for a rod of invulnerability that grants hardness 50 to its bearer. I figure that to be +10 ECL, and should be appropriate for a character to get some time around 135th or 140th level.

Does that sound about right?

Remove ads