Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL?

Arrond Hess

First Post
amaril said:
Will WotC continue to sell its own d20 PDFs (D20 Modern, 3.5 D&D, 3.5 Eberron, 3.5 Forgotten Realms, etc.) after the d20STL expiration date or will those d20 products be retired or expired?
And, if so, will 3pp companies be given the same concessions with their own products?

GMSkarka

Explorer
Does the so-called "poison pill" non-compete clause apply to ALL OGL, or only D&D-based fantasy? (I.E. what if it's based on d20 Modern, d20 Future, or a non-d20 source?)

Mondbuchstaben

First Post
If the poison pill clause is there, what effect does that have on products "Published By Lulu" (or similar venues)?

(Some PoD services provide ISBNs so that products can be sold through Amazon and the book trade, making those PoD services legally the publishers of the books. But how should a prospective GSL user know if the PoD service acted as publisher of a 3e OGL product - that is still in print - before?)

Last edited:

Ourph

First Post
Does the GSL have a revocation clause, if so what are the conditions under which it can be revoked? Does the GSL contain a morality or quality clause similar to the revised d20 STL?

Papa-DRB

First Post
Regarding Character Generators, PCGen, DMGenie, etc.

Can they provide the 4E "crunch" data?

If they can supply the 4E data, do they have to drop all 3E data?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ourph said:
Does the GSL have a revocation clause, if so what are the conditions under which it can be revoked? Does the GSL contain a morality or quality clause similar to the revised d20 STL?
IF there is a "poison pill clause" and if GSL has a revocation clause, what happens when the license is revoked after the product was placed on the shelves? Does that product automatically become OGL? Does the publisher/producer loose their ability to make GSL products?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, thanks guys. We've compiled a list of questions which we believe covers everything. We're not looking for more.

Thanks again!

Alkiera

First Post
What kind of time frame for a response? Should I keep hitting cmd-R, wait till the morning, or check back over this week? Just trying to plan my day. 8)

Remove ads