• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IMPORTANT! Should EN World continue reporting RPG news?

Do you read the news page?

• I read the news page

Votes: 258 70.1%
  • I don't read the news page

Votes: 110 29.9%

Nylanfs

Adventurer
I'm voting for keeping it. I check at least every other day for news, and there isn't any other place that I know of that gathers together news from more than one or two game systems.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I have the news page bookmarked and check that out every day before clicking on the forums link and browsing through the threads...so I voted to keep the news. ;)

As for it being work, delegate perhaps? :)

Scotley

Hero
A better question to ask might be "How many current subscribers first came to the site because of the news page?" Certainly, a lot of us old timers came here for 3rd edition news. I still frequently find out interesting things from the news page and hope it stays around.

I admit there is less exciting news during the mature edition phase, but when Pathfinder 2 or D&D 5e rumors start things will pick up. I don't read the new every day anymore, but I do read the newsletter. In fact I exchanged email with a fellow site member today about a couple of items.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
The news page is actually my home page on my desktop. So the first thing I do is read for interesting news and then look at the most recent threads on the righthand side.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I read the news page every time I login (usually at least 2x a day). It is the only place I get news, because this is the ONLY gaming site I frequent every day, other than the Dungeon-a-day site, where I'm a charter member.

If you didn't cover WOTC news, I'd have no clue what they're doing, because I play 3.5, nor Paizo, which I care about a bit more, but I don't play pathfinder, either. I rarely hang out at my local gamestore, and they make no effort to be a community news provider, so that's a lost source for me. You're it, in other words. I'd have no idea where else to find news that interests me.

renau1g

First Post
I've not looked in the few years I've been here. FWIW. Therefore, I could care less I guess, if someone gets benefit out of it, great.

pawsplay

Hero
If I don't read it every day, I definitely catch up once a week. After the hobbyist community and the social aspect, news of new releases is probably the third most important reason I come here regularly.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I read the news page every time I login (usually at least 2x a day). It is the only place I get news, because this is the ONLY gaming site I frequent every day...

If you didn't cover WOTC news, I'd have no clue what they're doing, because I play 3.5, nor Paizo, which I care about a bit more, but I don't play pathfinder, either. I rarely hang out at my local gamestore, and they make no effort to be a community news provider, so that's a lost source for me. You're it, in other words. I'd have no idea where else to find news that interests me.
Allow me to just quote the above, rather than typing it all again; for this is exactly my position as well.

Lan-"all the news that's fit to print"-efan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads