• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Improved Evasion + Bomb =

iamtheend

First Post
Suicide Bomber?

Could I make a character just full of explosives that just goes into dungeons and blows himself up and make reflex saves to avoid damage?

If so I'm sure I could make a very interesting character to say the least.

javgoro

First Post
By RAW? Yes. With a DM with any common sense? No. He'd simply say "you get no save against a bomb strapped to your chest". My 2 cp, anyway.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
The reality is, the damage from a Nuke would last longer than 1 round, so a Factotum would die in the second 6 seconds of the blast.

A Necklace of Fireballs though, totally would work.

Tovec

Explorer
Hehe, I've seen this happen before too.

Basically any existing spell, item, ability or alchemical item then work it pretty much exactly as is.

Beyond that, for a good high grade bomb - well, assuming the rogue has improved evasion I'd still say they're dead. Mostly due to the fact of the DC to avoid it being ON YOU would be so ridiculously high that I wouldn't even set it and just insist they fail. If they demanded a DC I'd say 50 or something beyond their ability to do then when they take HALF (for improved evasion) they still take massive amounts.

I actually did this where I blew up a town with a colossal+ fireball. I'm not positive of the exact size but the "pea" of the miniature was as big as a regular fireball (20-foot diameter). The rogue who lived with improved evasion got 100 damage. It was a campaign plot point, not a regular spell in case you were wondering.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Hehe, I've seen this happen before too.

Basically any existing spell, item, ability or alchemical item then work it pretty much exactly as is.

Beyond that, for a good high grade bomb - well, assuming the rogue has improved evasion I'd still say they're dead. Mostly due to the fact of the DC to avoid it being ON YOU would be so ridiculously high that I wouldn't even set it and just insist they fail. If they demanded a DC I'd say 50 or something beyond their ability to do then when they take HALF (for improved evasion) they still take massive amounts.

I actually did this where I blew up a town with a colossal+ fireball. I'm not positive of the exact size but the "pea" of the miniature was as big as a regular fireball (20-foot diameter). The rogue who lived with improved evasion got 100 damage. It was a campaign plot point, not a regular spell in case you were wondering.

Level 13 Factotum could still pull it off with no damage. ONLY if it was going to kill him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads