D&D 5E In a (hypothetical) Tales from the Yawning Portal 2, what are the adventures you would want updated for 5E?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Considering that it gets namechecked in both the PHB and the DMG for 5E, I've always suspected some sort of retooling of that campaign was part of at least the initial roadmap for the storylines. Mindflayers keep coming up as a leit-motif in them still, so maybe yet...
it may be too big for a yawning portal adventure? But I am looking forward to seeing it updated.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Considering that it gets namechecked in both the PHB and the DMG for 5E, I've always suspected some sort of retooling of that campaign was part of at least the initial roadmap for the storylines. Mindflayers keep coming up as a leit-motif in them still, so maybe yet...
a note
there are no mind flayers in that adventure

JEB

Legend
Reavers of Harkenwold would be good, as would Cairn of the Winter King.
Reavers would be a good centerpiece for a Ghosts of Saltmarsh type product, dedicated to the Nentir Vale. Not so sure about it for a TFTYP II, though.

As for Cairn of the Winter King, while I liked the concept, the execution was a real letdown. But YMMV.

pukunui

Legend
Reavers would be a good centerpiece for a Ghosts of Saltmarsh type product, dedicated to the Nentir Vale. Not so sure about it for a TFTYP II, though.

As for Cairn of the Winter King, while I liked the concept, the execution was a real letdown. But YMMV.
Ideally they would update all the Nentir Vale adventures plus any monsters from the Nentir Vale Monster Vault that haven't already been updated. I'd love to see a 5e version of Madness at Gardmore Abbey. Even a new and improved 5e version of Keep on the Shadowfell might be fun.

Remove ads