• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In AD&D, do you prefer being DM or player (most of the time)?

Valiant

First Post
If I had to choose between one or the other I'd go with player (just barely). DMing is great in 1E, but I really enjoy seeing the world threw my character and reacting to it. That is with the assumption that I sat with a really good DM of course. ;)

Last edited:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I'm about 50/50 on this one. I got roped into being the DM quite often, and I enjoyed it. At the same time, I've played in a few good AD&D campaigns, and one stands as the best campaign I've ever played in - the one by which all others are compared.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
I'd have no problem either playing or DMing AD&D assuming I liked the group. If given a choice, I'd probably rather play AD&D and DM OD&D or B/X D&D. But I don't have a strong enough opinion on the matter for it to be a deal breaker either way.

ejja_1

First Post
DM or Player?

I am happy to do either, but I prefer to DM.
I get a charge out of creating settings and people for my players to interact with.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I don't I would ever DM AD&D again.

Play, with a decent DM, oh yeah! At least a little.

Long-term play: probably neither.

Remove ads