• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Remembrance...2008

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Character actor Allan Melvin, best known for playing Sam the Butcher on The Brady Bunch, died Thursday. He was 84.

Melvin also did voice work, most notably as Magilla Gorilla.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Singer-songwriter John Stewart, a former member of the Kingston Trio, died today of a stroke. He was 68.

Stewart wrote "Daydream Believer", a #1 hit for the Monkees, and had a top 10 hit, "Gold", in 1979.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Attachments

• Wittman.jpg
    Wittman.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 42

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Suzanne Pleshette, best known for playing Bob Newhart's wife Emily on The Bob Newhart Show, died yesterday of respiratory failure. She was 70.

Pleshette also had roles in movies (The Birds, Blackbeard's Ghost) and stage (The Miracle Worker). Her death comes only a year after that of her husband, Tom Poston.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
GrayLinnorm said:
Singer-songwriter John Stewart, a former member of the Kingston Trio, died today of a stroke. He was 68.

Stewart wrote "Daydream Believer", a #1 hit for the Monkees, and had a top 10 hit, "Gold", in 1979.
Daydream Believer is my favorite Monkees song. Rest In Piece John.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
RigaMortus2 said:
Apparently Heath Ledger was just found dead. No details yet.

Edit: If my friend is just messing w/ me, I will remove this (just wanted to be first to post it :))

Your friend is messing with you.
[Edit - Or not, and the news hit the wires mere moments after I posted]

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Mouseferatu said:
Not according to CNN...

Indeed...moments after, it hit the wires...he was just REALLY QUICK in getting that news. Right now, it looks like suicide by pills.

Last edited:

Remove ads