In Remembrance...2008

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Japanese film director Kon Ichikawa dies

Kon Ichikawa, the Japanese director who married artistic technique with humanistic spirit in such films as the Oscar-nominated "Harp of Burma" and "Tokyo Olympiad," has died. He was 92.

In Remembrance.

Attachments

• ichikawa.jpg
    ichikawa.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 239

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
French crooner Henri Salvador dies at 90

Henri Salvador, the velvet-voiced French musician credited with inspiring the bossa nova, bringing rock 'n' roll to France and helping create the music video, died Wednesday, his record label said. He was 90.

In Remembrance.

Attachments

• capt_par10102131136_france_obit_salvador_par101.jpg
    capt_par10102131136_france_obit_salvador_par101.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 56

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Kirk Browning, the longtime director of the series Live From Lincoln Center, died Sunday of cardiac arrest. He was 87.

Browining's career spanned 58 years, 10 Emmys, and 185 episodes, including Frank Sinatra's first TV show and the world premiere of "Amahl and the Night Visitors". He was beginning work on a new episode when he died.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
'Married ... With Children' Co-Creator Dies

Ron Leavitt, a veteran television writer and producer best known for co-creating "Married ... With Children," the raunchy, groundbreaking sitcom that helped put the fledgling FOX network on the map in the late 1980s, has died. He was 60.

In Remembrance.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
johnsemlak said:
Roy Scheider, who played the cop in Jaws I & II and roles in the French Connection and 2010 died at age 75.
Don't forget SeaQuest DSV. I loved that show.

Rest in peace Captain Bridger!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Truth Seeker said:
Ron Leavitt, a veteran television writer and producer best known for co-creating "Married ... With Children," the raunchy, groundbreaking sitcom that helped put the fledgling FOX network on the map in the late 1980s, has died. He was 60.

In Remembrance.
Assume Fox viewing postions! :cool: My dad & I loved watching Married together.

:( Rest in peace, Ron.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
"Rhoda" actor David Groh dies at 68

David Groh, the handsome, hardworking character actor who was best known to television viewers as the easygoing man Rhoda Morgenstern married and divorced during the run of Valerie Harper's hit 1970s sitcom "Rhoda," has died. He was 68.

In Remembrance.

Attachments

• 2045486.jpg
    2045486.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 221

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Phyllis A. Whitney, whose romantic suspense tales sold millions of copies and earned her top accolades from the Mystery Writers of America, died February 8. She was 104.

Remove ads