In REMEMBRANCE---2017 AD

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
10410704_798079536955665_2379178664439281085_n (116x180).jpg
To live with the conscious knowledge of the shadow of uncertainty, with the knowledge that disaster or tragedy could strike at any time; to be afraid and to know and acknowledge your fear, and still to live creatively and with unstinting love: that is to live with grace

-Peter Henry Abrahams

Last edited:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
William Christopher, who played Father Mulcahey (sp?) in M*A*S*H, died over the weekend.
He was 84 and had contracted cancer.

He was the first "pastor" character I watched who struggled with the temptation to behave ... well, like everybody else did.

- NK soldier wakes up in operating room, produces hidden grenade, and pulls pin; staff flinches then rushes to prevent 'inevitable' tragedy -
Hawkeye: "Where's the pin for this grenade?"
Father "Right under your :mad: foot !"

I'm putting him here because the news got out on the 1st.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
He actually did get posted in the 2016 thread, but it's OK to goof in the effort to be thorough. I posted the same person's obit in 2 threads...a couple years apart. :eek:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Broadcaster Brian Widlake dies aged 85

Radio and television presenter Brian Widlake, who conducted the first TV interview with Nelson Mandela, has died at the age of 85.

As an ITN reporter in 1961, Widlake secretly met Mandela, who was on the run from the police at the time.

Widlake went on to become a regular presenter of BBC Radio 4's The World At One and PM in the 1970s and '80s, and co-presented BBC Two's Money Programme.

In Remembrance

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
George Kosana, sheriff in 'Night of the Living Dead,' dies at 81

George Kosana, who played the beefy Sheriff McClelland in the 1968 cult zombie film, Night of the Living Dead, has died. He was 81.

In Remembrance

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases