In search of heroes(Casting call)

RandyWalker

Explorer
The Archmage Reveals Himself... at Last!

Hello all!

I shall be playing Althalus, the hero of David and Leigh Eddings' "The Redemption of Althalus".

Althalus: Male Human Rogue/Sorcerer 5/2; CR 7; Medium Humanoid (Human); HD 5d6+2d4+7; hp 45; Init +5; Spd 30 ft.; AC 15; Atk +11 melee (1d6+3, short sword +2); SA Sneak Attack +3d6, Spells; SQ Evasion, Uncanny Dodge; AL CG; SV Fort +2, Ref +11, Will +5; Str 12, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 19; Height 5'11", weight 145lb.
Skills and Feats: Climb +9, Concentration +7, Hide +13, Intuit Direction +8, Jump +9, Knowledge (arcana) +2, Listen +8, Move Silently +13, Open Lock +13, Pick Pocket +13, Search +8, Spellcraft +4, Spot +8; Discipline, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Finesse (Short sword), Weapon Focus (Short sword)

Spells per day: 6/5
Spells known:
0-level (DC 14): Finger of Fire, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Read Magic.
1st level (DC15): Obscuring Mist, Stomp

Magical Gear:
+2 short sword
+2 Cloak of Charisma
+2 Gloves of Dexterity

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
I don't like Ghim much, but if Ghim or Parn wants to go with me, I am fine with it(For a while I thought it would be my first adventure without parn for a long time)

Darkwolf

First Post
In the rogue's gallery I have 2 pictures of what my character looks like. I'm only keeping them up for 2 days due to them being borrowed from other websites and I don't want to tie up their bandwidth too long.

I put up 2 pictures of Yuna in the rogues gallery already as well...

Tokiwong unfortunately won't be joining us, there is a chance that Graydoom will, playing your lovable 8-bit Black Mage :)

Chars still left: Reapersaraus, Graydoom

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
I've been thinking about this adventure.

If I can come up with a solid character approach I want to take, I'll let you know before we start on Monday the 1st.
I'll think this week and see if I can improve on the ideas that have come to mind so far.

graydoom

First Post
Ok, here's my character draft. The character I'm playing is Black Mage from 8-bit Theater, a Final Fantasy themed webcomic.

The character write-up is mostly complete. I think all I need to do to finish it up is to decide if I want more perform abilities, and decide on the spells.

So here's the stats/background/etc. Kal, if anything needs to be revised just tell me. I'll post to the Rogue's Gallery thread once I have a more finalized version.

Suggesstions, comments, corrections, and constructive criticisms in general are are helpful and would be appreciated.

-----

8-bit character template
The 8-bit character template represents characters from the great webcomic 8-bit Theater. 8-bit characters are usually caricatures or stereotypes of a particular idea.

-4 to two appropriate stats (str and cha for Black Mage)
+6 to one stat (int for Black Mage)
Favored Class changes to: Starting Class (Wizard for Black Mage)
Everything else unchanged
(thanks to Sollir for the idea for this)

-----

Black Mage
Black Mage is a physical weakling, though he can really absorb damage. He is almost entirely socially inept, and is very, very intelligent. This has also led to high levels of insanity, ranging from being a psychopath, paranoia, megalomania, and delusions of grandeur. He has a habit of regarding the best solution to anything as the solution which involves the most burning destruction, and tends to create problems just so he can solve them. Who knows why he even tolerates the rest of humanity. Maybe he's looking for ultimate power, or just wants more pie. Also see the 8-bit Theater cast page.

Base stats: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 10
Modified stats: Str 4, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 24, Wis 10, Cha 6

Black Mage
Class: Wizard (Evoker) 7
Race: Human (8-bit Character)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil, but insane, which affects things
Deity: Himself
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 120
Eyes: Burning
Hair: Unknown

Str  4 -3
Dex 12 +1
Con 18 +4
Int 26 +8
Wis 10 +0
Cha  6 -2

HP: 56 [7d4 + 28]
AC: 11 [10 (base) + 1 (dex)]
Initiative: +5 [+1 (dex), +4 (Imp Init)]

Fortitude: +6 [+2 (base), +4 (con)]
Reflex: +3 [+2 (base), +1 (dex)]
Wis: +5 [+5 (base)]

Melee: +0 [+3 (base), -3 (str)]
Ranged: +4 [+3 (base), +1 (dex)]

Weapons
Dagger: +0, 1d4-3, crit 19-20/x2, small, piercing

Skills
(traded in craft, profession for perform)
Bluff                         +3  [5 (ranks), -2 (cha)]
Concentration                +14  [10 (ranks), +4 (con)]
Disguise                      +3  [5 (ranks), -2 (cha)]
Forgery                      +12  [5 (ranks), +7 (int)]
Innuendo                      +3  [5 (ranks), -2 (cha)]
Intimidate                    +5  [5 (ranks), -2 (cha), +2 (synergy)]
Knowledge (Arcana)           +17  [10 (ranks), +7 (int)]
Knowledge (The Planes)       +17  [10 (ranks), +7 (int)]
Perform*                      +8  [10 (ranks), -2 (cha)]
Scry                         +17  [10 (ranks), +7 (int)]
Spellcraft                   +17  [10 (ranks), +7 (int)]
*Knows Black Mage Dance, pyrotechnics show, maybe some others

Feats
Trade in Familar: Spell Focus (Evocation)
Human: Greater Spell Focus (Evocation)
Level 1: Spellcasting Prodigy
Wizard Level 1: Scribe Scroll
Level 3: Improved Initiative
Wizard Level 5: Empower Spell
Level 6: Spell Penetration

In book: All/13/4/4/2
Memorized: 5/8/6/5/4
Spellbooks
All 0-level spells
13 1-level spells
4 2-level spells
4 3-level spells
2 4-level spells

Spells Memorized
DC: 19 + spell level + 4 (if Evocation)
4/4/3/2/1 base
5/5/4/3/2 evoker
5/8/6/5/4 high int

Items
Silvered Dagger [10 gp] 1 pound -- carry
Food x10 [5 gp] 10 pounds -- all but 1 pound to Filia, asap
Alchemist's Fire x3 [60 gp]
Component's Pouch [5 gp] 3 pounds -- carry
Waterskin [1 gp] 4 pounds -- carry
Boccob's Blessed Book [9500 gp] 1 pounds -- carry
Pointy Hat of Intellect (+2 enhancement bonus to Int) [4000 gp]
Robe of Black Magic (takes up both robe and cloak slot; permanent endure elements: fire, +1 resistance bonus to all saves) [3000 gp]
Shadowmask (constant Shadowmask on wearer) [12000 gp]

Current Debt: 9581 gp

-----

Shadowmask
Level: Hrp 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Duration: 10 min/level
You cause a mask of shadows to form around your face. It does not impede your vision, cannot be physically removed, completely hides your features, and protects you against certain attacks.
You receive a +4 bonus on saving throws against light or darkness spells and any spells that rely on bright light for damaging effects, such as the flare spel or the fireworks effect of pyrotechnics.
You also gain a 50% chance each round to avoid having to make a saving throw against gaze attacks, just as if you averted your eyes.
If you avert your eyes while using shadow mask, you get to check twice to see if you avoid having to make the saving throw
When the duration ends, the shadow mask fades over the course of 1d4 rounds (rather than immediately), giving you time to keep your face hidden via other means. A sucessful dispel magic cast against a shadow mask effectively ends the spell and causes the same slow fading.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
So Sollir and Graydoom are 8-Bit Theatre fans... Cool...

After I get my adobe acrobat CD back from my friend who borrowed it, Brian (from 8-bit) agreed to post my Final Fantasy Tactics Expansion onto the 8-Bit Theatre board. Should generate some hype at least. It is a good file. Maybe you all will get to see it. It is quite good looking, but there are bugs in it I know about but have not fixed so far. It's only version 1.1 afterall.

Wait, just found it, here is his quote:

i can host it on my site (8-bit theater, yo). i'll put your e-mail up and make a little blurb about how you're looking for feedback. let me know if you're interested.

brian

Last edited:

Remove ads