In Secret Of The Slaver's Stockade The Pcs can rescue A Duke's Nephew, would The Duke let his daughter marry A Future King who is also A Thief?

JMISBEST

Explorer
6 minutes ago The GM text me and said that in the campaign that we will soon that he's planning to eventually have us do Secret Of The Slaver's Stockade and he knows that I've done it previously and wants advise but that's not what I'm asking

But that was back in 1,997 and the only thing I remember is the name and that The Pcs can rescue a kid who uncle is A Very Minor Duke and that The Adventure says that The Very Minor Duke will grant any reward that he thinks reasonable

The GM hasn't actually said it, yet, but I've heard enough about him to know exactly what he's planning, sorry about the fact that by mistake I put know him well enough

He's planning on having me ask that my Pc whose A Future King, as well as A Thief, will ask The Very Minor Duke for his daughters hand in marriage and I know that he will have The Very Minor Duke gladly agree that allowing his daughter to marry A Future King is the most reasonable thing he's ever heard

I will admit that The GM will likely have The Very Minor Duke "I was the 1 offering to grant any reasonable request but my daughter marrying A Future King?, that seems like I'm getting the reward rather then giving the reward"

After all if he refuse's then his family will, depending on gender, continue to be only(?) be Very Minor Duke's and Duchess for centuries, likely longer, but by allowing his daughter to marry A Future King he will day be The Father in law to A King, his daughter will be queen by marriage and any grand children she gives him will be carry the royal blood of their fathers country

So when, not if, we do, Secret Of The Slaver's Stockade and, when not, if The Pcs rescue The Duke's Nephew, will The Duke allow his daughter marry A Future King despite the fact that The Future King is also A Thief or will he refuse to let his daughter marry A Thief despite the fact that The Thieves also A Future King, and if he does that then he's letting his personal pride get in the way of the chance of the Millenium?

Last edited:

How many threads like this will we be getting? (not a native english speaker so thats probably not gramatically correct)

And a duke marrying into the royal line and the future king? Heck yeah. Thats a huge step up for the duke.
His thread title is more or less not grammatically correct. I can barely parse his post.

Anyway to answer the question, no clue that's up to the DM.

JMISBEST

Explorer
How many threads like this will we be getting? (not a native english speaker so thats probably not gramatically correct)

And a duke marrying into the royal line and the future king? Heck yeah. Thats a huge step up for the duke.
The 1 getting married is The Daughter of A Very Minor Duke, she's not yet A Duchess, and if she's got 1 or more older siblings then she'll never be A Duchess, and will never be A Duke, the reason being that A Duke is The Male Version of A Duchess

The GM hasn't decided if she's her fathers/The Duke, heir or if she has 1 or more older siblings that are between her and the title, but I will admit that I've heard enough about The GM to know that if she is her fathers/The Duke, heir then as long as she has 1 or more younger siblings then she will let the oldest of her younger siblings get The Title that was once hers

Last edited:

Ixal

Hero
Anyway to answer the question, no clue that's up to the DM.
In the end yes. Despite the stereotype historically the daughters had a say in who they marry except in very ambitious families like the Habsburgs.

But considering how good that deal is politically her father will likely put some pressure on her.
But even that depends on personality.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So when, not if, we do, Secret Of The Slaver's Stockade and, when not, if The Pcs rescue The Duke's Nephew, will The Duke allow his daughter marry A Future King despite the fact that The Future King is also A Thief or will he refuse to let his daughter marry A Thief despite the fact that The Thieves also A Future King, and if he does that then he's letting his personal pride get in the way of the chance of the Millenium?

Not only is that marriage going to happen, it is also going to be the basis for Disney's Frozen III: The Re-Frozening.

JMISBEST

Explorer
The GM's had another idea

In Secrets of The Slavers Stockade The Dukes Nephew that The Pcs rescue is referred to as being young enough to count as A Child that's around the age of 12 to 14 and is smart enough, nice enough and kind enough to be able to give minor help to a child that's around the age of 4 to 6 that's likely A Commoner and for all The Duke's Nephew knows the kid may be 1 of the few that's actually was A Slave before he or she was snatched rather then having been illegally made A Slave, The Kid isn't but The Duke's Nephew doesn't know that

So my GM is thinking that he should give both The Duke and his brother/his nephews father, A Big enough family that the kid/the dukes nephew, will never inherit

But if I agree then The Country my character will 1 day rule could have a few small Baronies that comes with The Title of Minor Baron or Baroness that were created with the intent that if A Noble, even A Forgein 1, that has a big enough family that he or she is guaranteed to never inherit does something then he or she could be rewarded with a small Barony that come with The Title of Minor Baron or Baroness

Naturally The roughly 12 to 14 year old nephew of A Duke giving give minor help to a child that's around the age of 4 to 6 that's likely A Commoner and for all The Duke's Nephew knows the kid may be 1 of the few that's actually was A Slave rather then having been illegally made A Slave, The Kid isn't but The Duke's Nephew doesn't know, definitely qualifies

I know that the roughly 12 to 14 year old is the nephew of A Duke but if he's got enough people between him and the families title or titles, and I've heard enough about The GM to know that this will happen, that he'll never get anywhere near the title of Duke

This means that in all likelihood he'll just shrug his shoulders and think "rulership of A Small Barony that comes with The Title of Minor Baron is nothing compared to my uncles title but its still a good title and since theirs enough people between me and the families Dukedom that I'll never be Duke means that rulership of A Small Barony that comes with The Title of Minor Baron better then almost any other offer I'm ever likely to get"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases