• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E In terms of theme, tone, and spirit, I hope 4e . . .

Shortman McLeod

First Post
. . . returns to this:

Mouth.gif

. . . and gets away from this:

PHB35_PG51_WEB.jpg

There is something to be said for "feel", after all.

That's an unfair comparison of images...both of which are showing completely different subjects. One, simply a character image; an actual group adventuring.

This would be a much more fair comparison:

PHB35_PG163_WEB.jpg

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Eh. I'm big enough to like them both - although the sheer number of straps on Hennet's (?) outfit is a bit absurd.

Of course, that depends on what the OP was posting about:

Drawing style - I hate the splotchy black and white art style. I love the clean and crisp lines and the bright colors that populates 3e materials.

Picture contents - I like the old style of drawing whole scenes rather than characters ready to interect with who knows what.

But in my case, it really won't matter. My 3.x game is now all but static in its rules. We haven't added a new source since Complete Mage - and we're happy that way. 4e can come and go - and unless it is more like Buy the Numbers and much less class based ... I won't buy it regardless of the art! :D

frankthedm

First Post
Hennet's picture is fine for a horror game character wearing those buckles to keep his writhing alien deformities from being found out.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
There's a Magic Mouth at the entrance of my version of Castle Greyhawk. It *really* irritates my players.

Cheers!

Shortman McLeod

First Post
frankthedm said:
Hennet's picture is fine for a horror game character wearing those buckles to keep his writhing alien deformities from being found out.

Does Hennet shave his chest every morning *before* he straps up the 67 buckles, or after? I mean, you could make the case that he doesn't bother shaving the area covered by the fetish gear, but OTOH, perhaps he likes the consistency of shaving his entire chest.

Shortman McLeod

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Eh. I'm big enough to like them both - although the sheer number of straps on Hennet's (?) outfit is a bit absurd.

Of course, that depends on what the OP was posting about:

Drawing style - I hate the splotchy black and white art style. I love the clean and crisp lines and the bright colors that populates 3e materials.

Picture contents - I like the old style of drawing whole scenes rather than characters ready to interect with who knows what.

None of the above. I was referring to theme, tone, and spirit.

Cheers!

Shortman

Remove ads