• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere

Voda Vosa

First Post
"All right, but as it happened the last time, I will be the one that was right. Anyway, I should do the talking... You guys... well, lets just say I should do the talking." Bonamius mutters

ethandrew

First Post
Slim frowns slightly at the idea of the highly agitated man being the negotiator, "That's fine, but at the first sign of your hand glowing, I'm taking over."

An island full of decaying monsters, ambivalent to well-placed stabs and eager to attack does not a happy Slim make. With the addition of the weird trio of creatures, now widdled to one, this whole place gives him the creeps. He'd seen some weird things in his service to the guild, both willingly and others not so, but this place is just bizarre. It makes him want to find a secluded corner, build a high, defensible shelter, and wait out the proverbial storm.

Getting everyone through the thick trees to reach the clearing was interesting, and took some time. Thankfully, the worst that happened in that was loose clothes getting caught on trees, trouble finding footing on uneven ground, and similar things.

Once the group reached the clearing itself, they could all see the various black buildings, just like before, though many of these were mostly intact rather than in pieces. Though most weren't in the best of shape, they definitely weren't all falling to pieces. There were probably a good twenty or so of the buildings, arranged about how one would expect if there were streets or roads in between...though the ground was simply dirt and grass.

There were countless figures around, moving from place to place or simply looking like they were going about their daily business. All looked to be roughly human, though all of them were a light blue colour and could be easily seen through. It was also noticeable that none of them seemed to have feet or be touching the ground...they 'bodies' just disappearing as they got closer to the ground, making it looks like they floated around instead of walked.

And, even with the group out in the open, none of them seemed to take any notice. A few looked straight at you, but didn't really seem to be looking at you directly, as they would soon go on about whatever business they had. The ones that were talking were talking in a somewhat-hushed language that didn't sound like anything but gibberish.

Legildur

First Post
Yarra harrumphs quietly as the nearest creature looks through him. "This ought to be good," he mumbles as he waits for Bonamius to try and communicate with them.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hello and well meet peaceful people. My name is Bonamius, and this are my dear old friends. We were wondering through this beautiful island of yours. We seek some information, maybe one of you would spare some of your knowledge with us. We will be most thankful" the warlock makes a bow.

OOC: Bluf: 7 +8 = 15

Remove ads