• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Valus - The Heroes of Marchford (Chapter 14 Continues - 12/24/08)

Very good update indeed, Funeris. One of your best, I'd say - good, clean writing, nice interaction between the characters, and a nice, grim mystery at the end.

I particularly liked:

Funeris said:
Motega stood and patted Fitz on the shoulder. "I am glad that the talk of bedding women got his interest, I was beginning to wonder about the boy. Thought he might continue where that ogre left off on poor Netto that day.” The two companions burst into laughter as they exited the inn.

Gotta wonder about those wizard types. Always walking around in dresses ... :p

Anyway, looking forward to more ...

Funeris

First Post
Yeti: Ah...a robe with that belt buckle, if you know what I'm saying ;) You told Motega that it was the one piece of gear he wasn't getting back...

Sirya: Unfortunately, Eric's Grandma would slap my descriptions right out of this forum. So...no kissing and telling from me.

HalfOrc HalfBiscuit: Thanks! That means alot. I was actually distracted while writing this one (talking to a friend that was having a very bad day)...and I was afraid it would come out horribly. But...apparently, I need to be distracted to write my best. :D

~Fune

hobbit_killer

First Post
I believe Funeris quoted me directly or pretty darn close on that one.

Motega liked Magnus. But he treated him like you would treat a younger sibling most of the time.

And I gotta say I really like how you are portraying Fitz. Fitz's player is a laid back guy and an RPGA veteran. Looking back now, I wonder if his IC feelings matched his OOC feelings.

I can see him now going home after a Wednesday night and pulling the bottle out of the cupboard asking himself what kind of group did he land himself in this time.

Keep 'em coming Funeris, your almost there....

Funeris

First Post
Yup, the quotes are pretty direct. I change tense and maybe a word here or there...but this is it. This is what happened. I'm taking less liberties at this point in the story....because its very important to do so.

I did however leave out the re-questioning of 'Honest' Abe. It was not essential.

I imagine we did drive Fitz to drink. I know we drove Destan to drink ;)

Funeris

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
That cemetary request was quite a strange one........ :p

Well...ahem...I mean...Funeris is (bastardized) Latin you know...for....touched by death (approximately) :heh: :p

~Fune

EDIT: funus -eris n. [a funeral , burial]. Transf., [the corpse; death; destruction, ruin; a cause of ruin].

How accurate is that sh*t?! :]

Last edited:

Remove ads