D&D General In what modules can PCs fight an Archfey?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Hi everybody! I'm thinking of making an Archfey one of the big bads of my 5E campaign, however the 5E bestiary for Fey is especially sparse on the high CR end. I know there is a lot of fan content and DMsGuild content out there, but I think I'd rather have a go at making my own statblock taking inspiration from older modules.

So my question for all of you more-experienced than I, in what modules are there Archfey (or other very powerful Fey) statted up for the PCs to fight against?

These can be modules from any edition of D&D, or from Pathfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, or Old School Essentials. I am talking specifically about modules, I know there are probably stats for Archfey in older bestiaries, but I'm more interested in the character/motivations of some of these Fey which modules tend to explore a little bit better (IMO).

So let me know in the comments below which modules have a really big Fey for the PCs to face off against, that I can use to inspire me!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Didn't the Candlekeep book have an Archfey that you could fight against or something?

It does, and that is actually the 5E game I'm running. However, the Queen of Air and Darkness is hunting down that Fey, so I'm thinking of using an evil more powerful Fey as the true big bad beyond the end of the CM.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I'm not familiar with any specific adventures myself, but a quick search on "Boss=Archfey" on AdventureLookup.com turns up a small handful of possibilities:

The ninth adventure of the adventure path ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution involves fifteenth level PCs solving a murder among the fey court, and there are stats for various fey lords in case the party picks a fight.

Then in the tenth adventure, they have to subdue fey titans, four colossal creatures that control field and forest, mountain and sea. During the battle against the sea titan, one high level elf ally steps up as a major melee foe.

It's a little bit deep in the reeds because it's very late in an adventure path, But you might be able to use it. The adventure is called Godmind.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I know Kobold Press has a fey-themed module for Pathfinder and 5e(?) called Wrath of the River King
and Necrotic Gnome has Daughter of the Winter King for OSE. I dont remember their level range, but you may find them useful.

KP also has Tales from the Old Margreve, which is similar to an free-form adventure path set in an gigantic fey forest.

As for stats, I find using high level drows from MToF and changing them a little to add traits such as the Darkling's ones fit the trope of Shadowy faes perfectly.

Remove ads