• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Which I Attempt a Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Photoshoot

Is R2-D2 in it?

pukunui

Legend
Interesting that GF9 is doing maps for Dragon Heist but WotC is releasing a map pack for Dungeon of the Mad Mage themselves.

Also, re: the drow gunslinger - let’s not forget that there was a sun elf gunslinger NPC in Force Grey: Giant Hunters. Oh, and it looks like the drow gunslinger himself is hiding out in the lower right corner of the Yawning Portal map.

R_J_K75

Legend
Interesting that GF9 is doing maps for Dragon Heist but WotC is releasing a map pack for Dungeon of the Mad Mage themselves.

Found that odd myself. My guess its going to be a map pack of the original Ruins of Undermountain 1 & 2. On a side note for those of ypu who dont know Amazon drops their prices periodically, sometimes significantly hour to hour so it pays to pre-order. And when they have new releases coming out the PHB usually gets to about $20 USA, which Ive been watching and it dropped twice today.

R_J_K75

Legend
I didnt realize they were all vinyl just assumed the larger one was. Amazon didnt have a description. Guess Ill check the GF9 site.

Sorry I dont know why but my phone is posting on the wrong quotes. My appologies.

Firearms have been in as long as I can remember. The Spelljammer Rock of Bral specically stated that Spelljammers had to land so far outside of WD and sail in from there. IIRC smoke powder was illegal in Waterdeep. If Im not miststaken Lands of Intrigue opens with a quote from Gamalon Idygor from the Rock of Bral and Realmspace states that the Rock of Bral is within the Tears of Sylune.

Last edited by a moderator:

R_J_K75

Legend
I've always found GF9 to be a little weird with their marketing. They will have a new product, but won't ever tell anyone about it.
I bought a few of their vinyl maps a few years back. Nice but never got much use out of them. Even now Im running a Waterdeep campaign and I have the 2E map printed out b&w mounted on styrofoam art board and barely use it.

Remove ads

Remove ads