• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inactive Publishers speak up!

Arnwyn

First Post
Cergorach said:
I think the problem lies with the fact that the Paradigm site hasn't been updated for almost 2 months (atleast that's what one look at the frontpage told me). Paradigm is one of the bigger D20 companies, and with that there comes a certain expectation of internet pressence. Two months without updates would make me a bit worriesome as well, especially with v.3.5 comming out and GenCon on the horizon (which is now taking place if the deserted forums are any indication).
That's exactly what I thought. I had heard something about a Rokugan licensed book from them, but couldn't find any release info about it anywhere (including the website), so I pretty much counted them out as a publisher. Nice to see they're still there.

It's unfortunate Joe got some flak for this thread - I guess it's because he's seen as a "reviewer", and didn't differentiate his post between his "reviewer" side and his "consumer" side. I thought the flak was undeserved, but I suppose it comes with the territory of being a reviewer...

KingOfChaos

First Post
Most of my work has been monsters, lately. I did some for Bastion Press's 'Into..' series and have been working with FFG on their Lore series of monster books. :) In fact, I helped develop Elemental Lore and I just sent in the monsters I did for it :)

So far I have been published in: Elemental Lore, Twisted Lore, Torn Asunder: Critical Hits, Into the Black, Swords to Plowshares, Portable Hole Full of Beer 1 and 2, Familiars, Quickshots: Bravo (I think) and am helping Hellhound with some of the E.N. World books like Necromancer's Legacy 2 :)

Paradigm

First Post
L5R: Bloodspeakers

Take a look:

products_bloodspeaker.jpg

Bloodspeakers will hit the market about 5 weeks after approval from AEG. Also, checkout a preview copy at our booth at GenCon.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Bloodspeakers has a great cover. If the interior follows standard Paradigm quality, it'll be another winner.

It's too bad that the approval process takes so long though. Still, this is a multimedia product ala cards, games and miniatures so I'm sure it's something AEG has to go over with a fine tooth comb.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
JoeGKushner said:
Bloodspeakers has a great cover. If the interior follows standard Paradigm quality, it'll be another winner.

It's too bad that the approval process takes so long though. Still, this is a multimedia product ala cards, games and miniatures so I'm sure it's something AEG has to go over with a fine tooth comb.

What miniatures?
They stopped support for the Clan War miniatures, the bastards!
And i really liked them too... *pout*

The Bloodspeaker cover looks great! Can't wait for it to get out...

JohnNephew

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Inactive Publishers speak up!

JoeGKushner said:

Now see this is news to me. I had heard there were issues with the change in leadership (the hacking of their website etc...) but not that they were indeed gone as opposed to being published by other venues.

I think it's too soon to count Citizen out. I do think they're doing right by their authors and artists, though, by finding new homes for projects in the short term (like Dungeoneer and Path of the Magi), so those titles see print while they clean house, rather than being stuck in limbo. They're still in business, anyhow -- selling existing products and working on new ones.

Arnwyn

First Post
Great cover for Bloodspeakers! It's nice to see that it's still underway (and the cover consistency with the rest of the Rokugan products is also great).

And Wolfgang Baur, too! I had no idea. That's a sure buy for me.

(So I'm assuming it's still undergoing the approval process.)

Paradigm

First Post
JoeGKushner said:

This being our first licensed product, we failed to anticipate the depth of the approval process. The interior exceeds our standard quality, I think L5R fans will be very pleased.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads