D&D 5E Inappropriate breasts on female monsters

Puxido

First Post
Depending on the reason, it could be completely logical for a monster to have breasts. If its humanoid, it could (I think apes have breasts, just not human breasts), if its a construct, it was just built that way by the designer, if its dragonborn I think their descendant from humans anyway so they might have just retained it. If its a reptilian species, it may be just there to attract mates, like frills and hanging skin on their necks and whatnot. Minotaurs are a mixture of human and cow, so how much of what do you want. Breasts on humans don't really make any sense when you look at it, look at dogs and other animals, why do we have breasts outside attracting mates, wouldn't flat milk producing udders like on dogs work just as well?

Nellisir

Hero
Depending on the reason, it could be completely logical for a monster to have breasts.
Well...yeah.

If its a reptilian species, it may be just there to attract mates, like frills and hanging skin on their necks and whatnot.
I think this is almost it. Dragonborn have breasts to confuse and distract their prey. :D

(Dragonborn ecology just got a whole lot more interesting.)

Puxido

First Post
Well...yeah.

I think this is almost it. Dragonborn have breasts to confuse and distract their prey. :D

(Dragonborn ecology just got a whole lot more interesting.)

Well, yes. But I'm being serious. With mammals, if you look at primates, most primate females have human style breasts (which brings us to Vanaras, which should have breasts as they are both monkeylike and humanlike). So it is safe to assume most if not all female mammal humanoids would have breasts, as it could be considered mainstream for humanoid bipedal structures. And my only argument for reptiles, is possible attracting mates, if it seems to work for mammals it could work for reptiles, they could also have frills and such, but that would be attracting in more of a hair style attraction. Perhaps on these features they could have spots which somewhat glowed as warning of predators not to eat them (whether or not they are poisonous, not much of a point). I also always assumed that with humanoid creatures with tails, it would be taboo or inappropriate to tug on the tail of a male or female you were not in a romantic relationship with. Trying to build a culture around a monstrous or in some way anthropomorphic species is always interesting.

RotGrub

First Post
I think that when breasts are depicted they should be fully exposed. The harpy, Marilith, and the Succubus are great examples of this.

IMO they should have hired Bikers / Tattoo artists for such monsters.

E

Elderbrain

Only problem, Rotgrub, is that then even more parents would forbid their kids to play D&D. I think the average kid has enough on his or her plate explaining the presence of "demons" and "devils" in their gaming material. Gratuitous nudity will just aggravate the problem... or for that matter, non-gratuitous nudity!

bleezy

First Post
I've seen a lot of early Tibetan/Indian artwork of demons and gods that were clearly the primary inspiration for the Marilith, and they never have tops on. And this stuff is in art museums.

Just sayin'.

aramis erak

Legend
Well, yes. But I'm being serious. With mammals, if you look at primates, most primate females have human style breasts (which brings us to Vanaras, which should have breasts as they are both monkeylike and humanlike). So it is safe to assume most if not all female mammal humanoids would have breasts, as it could be considered mainstream for humanoid bipedal structures. And my only argument for reptiles, is possible attracting mates, if it seems to work for mammals it could work for reptiles, they could also have frills and such, but that would be attracting in more of a hair style attraction. Perhaps on these features they could have spots which somewhat glowed as warning of predators not to eat them (whether or not they are poisonous, not much of a point). I also always assumed that with humanoid creatures with tails, it would be taboo or inappropriate to tug on the tail of a male or female you were not in a romantic relationship with. Trying to build a culture around a monstrous or in some way anthropomorphic species is always interesting.

Usually, in reptiles, it's the males with the sexual displays...

:devil: So, logically, those dragonborn with breasts? They're males! :devil:

E

Elderbrain

Ok, lets all agree that revealing their unmentionables is NOT the answer, EVER.

... although if they ever DO release an "adults-only" book, I want the artist who drew the pixie in the new MM to draw her again (cough)... that pixie is hot!

Remove ads