D&D 5E Inappropriate breasts on female monsters

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I want to know why I am not represented in pictures of male fantasy figures. I, like 1 in every 18 other males on the planet, have a condition known as polythelia. I feel that this lack of realistic character art is discriminatory and illogical.

Maybe you're represented in all of the pictures of males wearing shirts.

Thaumaturge.

ThirdWizard

First Post
The ire is recognition of our casual sexism.

Calling it "political correctness" is dismissive. I submit that recognizing our casual sexism is *actual* correctness.

However, when something and its counterpart both have good arguments for and against it being sexist, I think the only reasonable thing to do is to assume good faith and move on.

But now we have the can't choose not to.

One way or the other, a decision has to be made. If it was the opposite decision, then people would just as reasonably argue they can't choose to. So, the point is moot.

Dausuul

Legend
I just realized why dragonboobs bug me: It's because I hate all the dragonborn art. The males and the females are equally awful. Cartoony, blobby, fake-looking things. I've got no problem with female minotaurs having breasts. Shardminds, I don't know enough about to care.

That said, I do think there are cases where the females of a PC race should not have breasts. The example a lot of people have brought up is thri-kreen. Whatever you may think of the merits of dragonboobs, I have yet to see anyone arguing in favor of mantisboobs.

(Oh, and a note: Just because something suckles young doesn't mean it has breasts. Ever rubbed a female cat's tummy? Most mammals have mammary glands and nipples, but very few have big pads of fatty tissue underneath. In fact, it's something of a question why human women have them.)

Last edited:

Remove ads