D&D 5E Infusing gems to use on weapons and armor for more than one use.

Omarius peladus

First Post
What l meant was that real magical items are found in treasure hordes not bought at at the local smith. Also I just found out this style of campaign is called dungeon punk with diesel punk elements... The things one comes across online...

Sent from my R1 HD using EN World mobile app

neogod22

Explorer
What l meant was that real magical items are found in treasure hordes not bought at at the local smith. Also I just found out this style of campaign is called dungeon punk with diesel punk elements... The things one comes across online...

Sent from my R1 HD using EN World mobile app
Of course you would be able to find them on the market. Someone had to make the items, and not every item found is a wanted or usable item, so what else are ppl supposed to do with them? Should they be easily found? Probably not. Maybe in a big city like Waterdeep or Neverwinter it shouldn't be relatively hard, but it should be difficult in smaller places. Should they be cheap? No, I actually think the section in the DMG that talks about this is pretty good.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
It reminds me somewhat of what I do in my games. Rather than hand out magic weapons or armor, I use specially enchanted dragonshards (it's an Eberron game) that add the enchantments to whatever weapon or armor they're attached to. I feel like it is easier to do it this way because some players prefer a certain type of weapon or armor, and they might like the magical enchantments of the item but not the type of weapon or armor. Provides a level of customization for the player.

Remove ads