Initiate of the Faith and Divinity Feats

Mercy

First Post
Does a Fighter having the Initiate of the Faith multiclass feat allow the Fighter to take the Divinity feat for associated to his god? I’m thinking no, because the prerequisites to the Divinity feats are “Channel Divinity class feature” and “must worship the god associated to the feat.” The Initiate of the Faith feat doesn’t appear to grant the Channel Divinity Cleric class feature. Does that sound correct?

Starfox

Hero
Which pf course seems like prime house-rule material. Since the divinity feats is now the only thing distinguishing different faiths, I would definitely want them to play a larger role, even as multiclass feats.

But that would belong in another forum.

Zinovia

Explorer
I am granting clerics and paladins in my game the Channel Divinity feat for their deity as a free feat. It doesn't give you any extra action in combats, just a new way to use the once/encounter Channel Divinity ability. I prefer to see divine characters that vary depending on who they worship, and don't see granting this for free as unbalancing the game.

I hadn't considered what to do for multi-class clerics though. I agree that normally multiclassing doesn't get you any of the Channel Divinity abilities.

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
In terms of "bringing the fun" (which is what I consider my job to be as a GM), I would allow an Initiate of the Faith to take only the one Channel Divinity feat for their deity, to keep the fun moving.

Also, I gave all Clerics the appropriate Channel Divinity feat in place of Turn Undead at 1st level. It makes the faiths feel different from the beginning, and anyone who wants to blast undead can pick up Turn Undead as a feat.

I have found that it works very well in my games.

Palladion

Adventurer
In terms of "bringing the fun" (which is what I consider my job to be as a GM), I would allow an Initiate of the Faith to take only the one Channel Divinity feat for their deity, to keep the fun moving.

Also, I gave all Clerics the appropriate Channel Divinity feat in place of Turn Undead at 1st level. It makes the faiths feel different from the beginning, and anyone who wants to blast undead can pick up Turn Undead as a feat.

I have found that it works very well in my games.

This sounds like an interesting idea. Curious to know if your players still took Turn Undead or if they do without? How many clerics have gone through it?

Turtlejay

First Post
This is an interesting idea. One player in my game asked about this, he is a ranger who wants to take the cleric multiclass for the raven queen channel divinity feat. We were both pretty bummed when we realized multiclassed clerics don't get to do that. How would enworld give the player his channel divinity without breaking the game?

Jay

chitzk0i

Explorer
If a player really wanted to use a Channel Divinity power, I think it'd be fair to let them take the feat and use the power once per day instead of once per encounter. If I saw a rash of people taking Rage of Tempus, I might have to have a talk with some people, though.

Remove ads