• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Insight

Adventurer
"Patience," mutters Kesh. "Patience is a virtue of those who idle away their will. It's a trait for obedient children, not for those touched by the hand of oppression."

He continues onward with the dwarf, mumbling to himself, his mind wandering, his cart becoming empty and full again, as he paces back and forth in the heat of the day.

Inside Shaft C, a very fat sub-chief, known as AKKAR, sneers at Kesh as the elf approaches. "Not so quick in your chains, are you?" he asks with a haughty tone. Akkar brandishes a black leather 9-tailed whip barbed with bits of obsidian. "Tempt me to use this, elf. Please."

Zimno arrives at Shaft C just as this takes place.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Not so quick in your chains, are you?" he asks with a haughty tone. Akkar brandishes a black leather 9-tailed whip barbed with bits of obsidian. "Tempt me to use this, elf. Please."
Use it on me, fat one. HIs voice is cold as he slides up to the sub-chief. Then you will have to explain how your orders were lost.

"You wish for a reason, Akkar?"

Kesh stands proudly and removes his hands from the wooden bar of the cart. He looks the obese sub-chief in the face. Kesh knows the danger of challenging this man, but he cannot bring himself to whimper. Instead, he adopts a calm, confident tone.

"Here's a reason: I am tired. I am sapped of strength. A few lashes would perhaps rejuvenate my worn muscles."

Kesh smiles at Zimno for a moment, before snapping back into his serious demeanor.

ooc: Edited part of Kesh's reaction to Zimno.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Zimno isn't blindfolded I the tunnels as his teleports allow him to do his job faster. That's why the exits he's allows near ar covered (no LOS). Unless Insight says otherwise, of course.

drothgery

First Post
As he had done almost every day since gaining his present assignment, Brandis went to the kitchens to get a tray for Elohasi and something vaguely edible for himself. Perhaps the girl would be there.

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

"Please leave him, Akkar. I don't want us to get trouble for not reaching our defaults. If he cannot work I have to redistribute them again..." Kargor explains to the other sub-chief. Why does the others make such a trouble, that I cannot concentrate on hearing the spirits? he toughts to himself as he waits for Akkor's response.

[sblock=OOC]

Who is the chief at mine shaft C?

Would it be ok for Korg wearing the equivalent of leather armor? It is still much under his best possible armor.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]

Who is the chief at mine shaft C?

Would it be ok for Korg wearing the equivalent of leather armor? It is still much under his best possible armor.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]The chief at Mine Shaft C is HORRIN, a Nibenese minor noble of house ATREYA, allied with House Njeer. He is 18 years old and a snot-nosed punk.

No slaves have ANY armor or weapons. That would include the sub-chiefs.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The chief at Mine Shaft C is HORRIN, a Nibenese minor noble of house ATREYA, allied with House Njeer. He is 18 years old and a snot-nosed punk.

No slaves have ANY armor or weapons. That would include the sub-chiefs.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Does he has a whip like Akkar?

Inside Shaft C, a very fat sub-chief, known as AKKAR, sneers at Kesh as the elf approaches. "Not so quick in your chains, are you?" he asks with a haughty tone. Akkar brandishes a black leather 9-tailed whip barbed with bits of obsidian. "Tempt me to use this, elf. Please."
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"Please leave him, Akkar. I don't want us to get trouble for not reaching our defaults. If he cannot work I have to redistribute them again..." Kargor explains to the other sub-chief. Why does the others make such a trouble, that I cannot concentrate on hearing the spirits? he toughts to himself as he waits for Akkor's response.

Akkor sneers at Korg. "Dwarf, this is none of your concern." The fat sub-chief stays his hand and withdraws his whip hand. Akkar looks to the elf. "Be glad he was here." Without another word, the sub-chief wanders off.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads