Insight's "The Isle of Dread" - Chapter One

JustKim

First Post
Nafije listened unhappily to everyone agree that she should send her familiar into danger. Her hand rose up to shield Goldie from expectant looks, but all the while the parrot's gaze was riveted on Mr. Feathers. "Alone? But.." She sighed. "Alright. It's time to be brave, Goldie."

She pointed her arm to direct her familiar, and both watched as Mr. Feathers disappeared into a window. "Let's start there," she said, and with an innate understanding Goldie flew. Goldie flew swiftly. The parrot didn't need a lot of convincing to fly off and investigate that rugged, mysterious boy parrot.

Scotley

Hero
Geirgrim stands mute awaiting the report of Nafije's familiar. He examines the Veiled Society compound for possible weaknesses in the defenses as they wait.

Leif

Adventurer
Questor, Halfling Chaos Sorcerer 6

Questor busies himself with carefully counting and just as carefully committing to memory which floor the window is on that Mr. Feathers flew to, and how many windows back that one is, counting from each direction, and estimating how far in yards/feet from each corner it is located. Once he is certain that he can locate that room from inside the building, says, "Ok, very well, I think I have as good a fix on the position of the room he flew into as is possible from this vantage. I am eager to test it, though...."

Shayuri

First Post
"I admit," Astra murmurs to Nafije, "I envy your bond with that bird. I might train a falcon or hawk to fly or even attack at my command, but I will never know its mind, nor speak to it without words.

Insight

Adventurer
AT THE VEILED SOCIETY COMPOUND (Everyone)

Nafije listened unhappily to everyone agree that she should send her familiar into danger. Her hand rose up to shield Goldie from expectant looks, but all the while the parrot's gaze was riveted on Mr. Feathers. "Alone? But.." She sighed. "Alright. It's time to be brave, Goldie."

She pointed her arm to direct her familiar, and both watched as Mr. Feathers disappeared into a window. "Let's start there," she said, and with an innate understanding Goldie flew. Goldie flew swiftly. The parrot didn't need a lot of convincing to fly off and investigate that rugged, mysterious boy parrot.

[sblock=Nafije]Through Goldie's vision, Nafije sees...

Buildings with green roofs, buildings with red roofs... A CAT!

Buildings with brown roofs... A MOUSE! Swoop down. Goldie remembers her mission. Flies towards building.

Second-story window. Enters. Lands on windowsill. Mr. Feathers perched on brown stick nearby.

Humans and half-orcs sitting in chairs. Pointing at Mr. Feathers and talking amongst themselves. Now pointing at Goldie. More laughs.

Mr. Feathers cocks his head at Goldie.

Gold one. Bring your friends. These silly humans will be quite drunk soon enough.[/sblock]

JustKim

First Post
"Thank you," Nafije said warmly. "Goldie is a good bird. I'm grateful to have her."

For a while Nafije was quiet and distant as she perceived the world through her familiar's senses. The illusion of flying made her sway a bit unsteadily, and Goldie's distractions certainly didn't help. But finally she had what she sought, and recalled Goldie to her arm in the safest way she knew how, instantaneously and in a colorful bloom of feathers.

"Mr. Feathers is so intelligent," she marveled. Then she shook the thought from her head, and remembered the important part. "There are guards in the room, but they're becoming very drunk. If we can get in through the window, they oughtn't give us trouble."

Shayuri

First Post
"How many guards?" Astra asked. "Do they have their weapons at hand? I should be able to get in unheard, but it's wise to prepare for the worst."

drothgery

First Post
"And I do not have an 'instant ladder' ritual, unfortunately." Cassi adds.
OOC: I'll be unavailable until Tuesday. NPC Cassi if necessary.

Remove ads