• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "The Shadow of Set" - IC Thread

Rolzup

First Post
Furious now, G'Sharn attacks again, doing his level best to rip the axeman's throat out....

[sblock]
This time for SURE. Dammit. +7 to-hit, 1d4+6 damage.
[/sblock]

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Dirk bellows as he swings again, furious that they haven't felled their foe yet.

[Sblock=OOC] Dirk attacks the axeman, +4 to attack (flanking with G'Sharn?), damage 2d4+1[/sblock]

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Droban Ironthane, 7/13 hp, AC 18

Droban smiles a grim smile through gritted teeth, in spite of his pain. "Blood for blood, murderer. How much can you take?" Marakul flashes in the sunlight, as the dwarf resolutely swings his waraxe again.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Rinse and repeat, at this point. No Power Attack with waraxe, +5 melee (1d10+3/20/x3), plus flanking or aid bonuses as appropriate.[/sblock]

Ilium

First Post
Avardis impassively continues to interfere with their target, trusting in the dwarf's axe to end the fight.
[SBLOCK=Combat Actions]Aid another for Droban again. +1 melee. I don't know if flanking bonuses apply to aid checks.[/SBLOCK]

Insight

Adventurer
COMBAT, ROUND EIGHT
-INITIATIVE TRACK-
Avardis: 21
Dirk: 19
G'Sharn: 18
THUGS: 16
Asad: 15
Droban: 11
BEGGAR, NPCs, ETC: 6

SITUATION
The group remains 10ft north of the merchant T'Shara's cart. Our heroes are all in melee with the new bad guy. Asad is providing a flank to Droban and vice versa (+2 to hit). Dirk and G'Sharn are providing flanks to one another (+2 to hit).

ACTIONS
Avardis impassively continues to interfere with their target, trusting in the dwarf's axe to end the fight.
Jabbing his weapon into the axeman's space, Avardis again seems to be successful in distracting the villain.
[sblock=21-Avardis]Aid another to help Droban.

1. Aid Another Action (vs AC 10): 1d20+1=20

HAHA another potential crit wasted :confused: [/sblock]
Dirk bellows as he swings again, furious that they haven't felled their foe yet.
His attack, while skillful, just misses.
[sblock=19-Dirk]Dirk attacks the axe guy.

1. Melee Attack (Falchion): falchion (1d20+4=16) - MISS![/sblock]
Furious now, G'Sharn attacks again, doing his level best to rip the axeman's throat out....
The sandcat leaps and tears at the axe wielder's throat, spraying blood all over the bazaar.
[sblock=18-G'Sharn]G'Sharn attacks the axeman.

1. Melee Attack (Bite): Bite (1d20+7=25) - HITS!
2. Damage Roll: 1d4+6=10[/sblock]
The axeman staggers. "A true battle," he says. "Now to end it."
The villain's weary swing flies wide of the druid, just barely.
[sblock=16-THUGS]The axe wielder attacks G'Sharn.

1. Melee Attack (Battle Axe): 18 - MISS![/sblock]
Asad continues his assault, making sure that he stays in a flanking position.
Despite his obvious skill and tenacity, Asad is unable to land a punch.
[sblock=15-Asad]Asad uses a flurry of blows.

1. Full Round Action - Flurry of Blows (Unarmed): Unarmed (1d20+2=10, 1d20+2=9) - BOTH MISS![/sblock]
Droban smiles a grim smile through gritted teeth, in spite of his pain. "Blood for blood, murderer. How much can you take?" Marakul flashes in the sunlight, as the dwarf resolutely swings his waraxe again.
The dwarf's axe slices cleanly through the retreating villain's throat, partially severed during the druid's attack. The axeman drops his weapon, staggers a few more steps, then falls finally to the ground.
[sblock=11-Droban]Droban attacks the axe guy.

1. Melee Attack (Dw Waraxe): Dw Waraxe (1d20+9=25) - HIT!
2. Damage Roll: 1d10+3=10[/sblock]
[sblock=6-NPCs][/sblock]

*** COMBAT OVER ***

Insight

Adventurer
As the dust settles, worried shoppers and merchants alike start to crowd the scene of battle. Murmurs among the bazaar, "Heroes!", "They saved the old beggar from certain death!", "Who was that big guy with the axe?"

The beggar approaches Droban. "Thank you, my dwarven friend," he says. "I hope none of you are badly injured." He turns to the rest of the assembled heroes. "And to the rest of you I owe my very life. I know not who these attackers are... were... but I have a suspicion. Perhaps we should talk elsewhere."

As the beggar shuffles his clothing, a symbol of the Temple of the Eternal Sun is evident beneath his grubby tunic.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Droban Ironthane, 7/13 hp

Insight said:
As the dust settles, worried shoppers and merchants alike start to crowd the scene of battle. Murmurs among the bazaar, "Heroes!", "They saved the old beggar from certain death!", "Who was that big guy with the axe?"
Droban heaves a great sigh, and then winces at the pain of his wound for doing so. He looks rather uncomfortable with all of the attention being drawn to the group. Looking to Dirk and Asad, he nods in appreciation. "Well fought, lads. It's a good thing you two were here to lend a blade...or hand, as the case may be." Droban does not address G'Sharn, assuming the sandcat to be the pet or animal companion of one of the others.

Insight said:
The beggar approaches Droban. "Thank you, my dwarven friend," he says. "I hope none of you are badly injured." He turns to the rest of the assembled heroes. "And to the rest of you I owe my very life. I know not who these attackers are... were... but I have a suspicion. Perhaps we should talk elsewhere."
"This scratch? Ah, it's nothing a few days and more than a few mugs of ale won't cure." Then, jesting aside, Droban looks sadly at the now-dead Isphet and says, "Aye, I would hear what you have to say, priest. But, I can't just leave my friend out here to rot in the sun. Avardis, will you help me?" Droban stoops down in spite of his painful wound and grabs Isphet's still-warm body under the shoulders. He intends to drag the merchant's corpse somewhere more private...into an alley, or behind a building, if possible. If the old priest will accompany him to such a secluded location, more the better.

[sblock=Insight, ooc]Insight, is T'Shara still nearby? Did she do anything while these thugs attacked the priest, or just watch?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Asad silently moves to help Droban with the body of his friend. He makes sure to show his respect for the deceased, and even offers a silent prayer over the body before picking it up. Only after the body has been moved and placed in a restful posture does he turn his attention to the mysterious priest who seems to be the catalyst of their current situation.

Insight

Adventurer
YeOldeAlbatross said:
"This scratch? Ah, it's nothing a few days and more than a few mugs of ale won't cure." Then, jesting aside, Droban looks sadly at the now-dead Isphet and says, "Aye, I would hear what you have to say, priest. But, I can't just leave my friend out here to rot in the sun. Avardis, will you help me?" Droban stoops down in spite of his painful wound and grabs Isphet's still-warm body under the shoulders. He intends to drag the merchant's corpse somewhere more private...into an alley, or behind a building, if possible. If the old priest will accompany him to such a secluded location, more the better.

[sblock=Insight, ooc]Insight, is T'Shara still nearby? Did she do anything while these thugs attacked the priest, or just watch?[/sblock]

"Dwarf, wait," the beggar says. "Your fallen companion... I know of a place that would serve a suitable burial ground. You don't know what happens to these bodies after nightfall."

"Quickly," he implores, "Follow me."

[sblock=Droban]T'Shara stands rather shocked nearby.[/sblock]

Rolzup

First Post
The sandcat, which has been sprawled upon the street gasping for breath, turns into a weary-looking G'harn. He spits, wiping blood from his mouth, and pushes himself to his feet.

"Thank you," he rasps at the beggar, "And let's be quick," he adds to his companions. "I've a bad feeling about this."

Remove ads