• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inspiration from the Designing a 2e Retro-Clone thread

Tharkun

First Post
I have been motivated to do a Second Edition clone and after reading this thread as well as OSRIC I decided "why not do this?" So here is what I plan on doing. My goals for this is going to be as close of a clone as possible for rules but the artwork will be all new. The streamlining that would help Second Edition would go into a separate document with all the optional rules so as to keep the work I and others will be doing as close to the original as possible, yet providing corrections and clean up of the rules that would help the game be of interest for those who want that.

I will not stop until this is completed. I encourage everyone to help when & where they can (even giving advice as to what you would like to see is a help for us who work on this) to make this even better!

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
I have been motivated to do a Second Edition clone and after reading this thread as well as OSRIC I decided "why not do this?" So here is what I plan on doing. My goals for this is going to be as close of a clone as possible for rules but the artwork will be all new. The streamlining that would help Second Edition would go into a separate document with all the optional rules so as to keep the work I and others will be doing as close to the original as possible, yet providing corrections and clean up of the rules that would help the game be of interest for those who want that.

I will not stop until this is completed. I encourage everyone to help when & where they can (even giving advice as to what you would like to see is a help for us who work on this) to make this even better!

Well, since it was my idea (only abandoned due the vast amount of work it would take to manage such a project being too strenuous to my current schedule) I'll certainly be interested in working with you.

Just let me know what you need.

Remove ads