• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interview with Scott Rouse, Chris Perkins & Bill Slavicsek

Vocenoctum

First Post
Ghendar said:
Perhaps.
But will print compilations contain everything released digitally? I honestly doubt it. If that's the case and I decide I want to purchase the compilations, I'll only be getting a fraction of what was released digitally.

I'm sure they won't be everything, but should be a good skimming of the better material for a good price.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Ghendar said:
Sure you can. It's called Pathfinder.
I'm well aware of Pathfinder - and I've already subscribed.

The Question asked was what would I like from WOTC. And the answer is I'd like a magazine, on paper, with official D&D content similar to that we which we are losing with the demise of Dragon and Dungeon.

Ghendar

First Post
crazy_cat said:
I'm well aware of Pathfinder - and I've already subscribed.

The Question asked was what would I like from WOTC. And the answer is I'd like a magazine, on paper, with official D&D content similar to that we which we are losing with the demise of Dragon and Dungeon.

I agree with you. I want a magazine as well. However, now the only alternative is Pathfinder.

It seems my sense of humor is frequently misunderstood or doesn't translate well on a message board.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
kingpaul said:
And here is an interview with Liz Schuh.
Sorry Kingpaul and all others but this part of the article sums it all up.
Anything else you want to say?
Basically, we're excited about our plans for the future, we can't talk a whole lot about anything beyond the end of this year yet, but we will. So we're just asking everyone to be patient with us and to stay tuned for more information.

Told us pretty much word for word what Morrus's interview did. Nothing at all cause they can't say now and just stay tuned.

It wears thin quickly.

Sorry lurking WOTC folk, but we definitely want more than this.

Yeti

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Razz said:
Heya, Scott? Could you guys also keep Demonomicon, update material from older settings, bring back Oriental Adventures material and Epic material, keep Creature Catalog, give yugoloths more love, bring back an article on the Slaad Lords of Chaos, give us more material on non-core stuff like Psionics, Incarnum, Tome of Battle, Tome of Magic, etc. and (most important of all) please revise and update all the Hierarch Modrons on your DI?

Since you guys say you can do that (and MORE) and you're not limited by the disadvantages of print, this shouldn't be a hard task.

Thanks. :D

Duly noted. :D

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
As long as we're asking, can you keep (and continue) Core Beliefs? ;)

Those are invaluable roleplaying aids for my characters.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Also, make a choice:

Keep it super-cheap and sell ad space

OR

Keep it affordable and nix ad space.

DON'T make me pay a nice chunk and then barrage me with ads. If you're charging $15-20/month, you best not also be trying to pump up the hype through marketing talk and/or flashing ads. If you're charging "pennies a day!" or nearly free, I can live with it a lot more comfortably. :p

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Kamikaze Midget said:
Also, make a choice:

Keep it super-cheap and sell ad space

OR

Keep it affordable and nix ad space.

DON'T make me pay a nice chunk and then barrage me with ads. If you're charging $15-20/month, you best not also be trying to pump up the hype through marketing talk and/or flashing ads. If you're charging "pennies a day!" or nearly free, I can live with it a lot more comfortably. :p

I would prefer no Ads at all. But I will also say $15-20/month is would be an outrageous amount, that would firmly entrench Paizo's Pathfinder into first place for former subscription holders. As their cost per issue/book will be lower or the same, but without risk of electronic loss.
If we do have to have advertisements, I would recommend allowing 3rd party ads as well. But don't do those 'forcefull' ads where the user has to click to close, do something akin to a sidebar for ad placements. One of the best things within the Dragon Magazine was other companies advertising things that might appeal to me. I'm a website junkie, I would check out several other companies within those pages.

Reccomendation:
Consumer/Player Review Section, Many on EnWorld use the reviews done up by various persons here on EnWorld quite often to decide on the purchase of a product. Rarely have I been disappointed in most of their takes on it. And don't censor them unless it is truly one that needs it. A bad review of a WOTC book can only help you all improve the next one.

So it's May now, anything ya can tell us yet? ;)

Yeti

Vertexx69

First Post
I'd like to see updated 3.5 template info from MMII and manual of the planes (monster of legend, warbeast, creature of shadow etc.) a LA would make it so much easier to incorporate:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads