• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interview with Scott Rouse, Chris Perkins & Bill Slavicsek

Jasperak

Adventurer
One Eyed Jacques FTW

(edit) What is Gleemax?(/edit)

PoeticJustice said:
I was not, nor ever have been a subscriber. I preferred to buy from my FLGS.

I would walk for the following reasons.

1. There's a lot of awesome web material already available for free the usually surpasses or meets Dragon Magazine. Asking fans to pay when equivalent material is already being produced by fans is absurd.

2. I don't buy Dragon for the game product. I buy Dragon for a) toilet reading, b) visiting One Eyed Jacques, my FLGS, 3) giving newbs (I train at least 5 a year) something interesting to read and borrow. Online content doesn't meet any of these needs so I will not purchase it.

3. I don't think I could enjoy pdfs in the same way I enjoy reading a magazine. Web articles are fine, but they are not a format I enjoy consuming enough to pay money.

4. Disgust. Canceling a periodical to offer fans more content is not the same as launching a pay website. Magic gets 3 or 4 new articles a day, updated like clockwork, on a good looking site, for free. I like D&D, and I think my hobby deserves the exact same treatment. If wizards doesn't share that view, then they better make it up to me or next year I'm just going to buy $7000 worth of pizza and soda instead of the 70+ books and 100+ boxes of minis I purchased with VCU money.

Last edited:

Remove ads