Into the World, Chapter One

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren

"We don't have really a choice." he exclaims as he steps into the cave.
"This seems a little bit to good to be true." Darren thinks.

bytor4232

First Post
Entering the cave, the party sets to the task of drying themselves off. Mikhail was the first to enter the cave, followed quickly by the others. The cave was no mere recess in the ground, rather it was an entrance into a series of caverns. Opposite the entrance was a tunnel that went back as far as the eye could see, darkness shrouding its mysteries, and large enough for any size or number of creatures to go through. It was at least 20 feet wide by 30 feet high. There was something unnatural about the tunnel as well, it seemed to have been cut, rather than naturally formed.

However as creepy as this scene was, and as dangerous as the prospect of sheltering at the mouth of what could be an enormous monsters lair, it was nothing compared to what was happening outside. The rain outside began to pick up even more, with the winds beginning to knock over even more trees. The dry surface of the forest was now beginning to flood outside the cave, which stood on higher ground. Thunder and lightning rolled violently just outside the mouth of the shelter, with each strike deafening to the ears.

Walking Dad

First Post
"And what do we do now? We cannot go outside and the cave seems not very secure. At least, we have enough water..." Darren says sarcastic.

Dekana

Explorer
Charlie looks warily at the rising water. "This storm doesn't look like it's gonna let up. We might have to go deeper into the cave if the water rises any more." Charlie stands up suddenly having apparently decided something.

"Well, no sense waiting around! It's gettin' old waiting around doing nothing. Anyone want to go spelunking with me? We can see if there are any monsters inside before we go to sleep." He points at the fire pit. "We can make a torch there, so we can get some light at least."

renau1g

First Post
Mikhail's face brightens at the mention of action, "I go wit' you Charlie, but I got's ta ask, what's a spe-lunk? Is dat de monster youse is talking 'bout?" he'll say as he reaches into his pack and pulls out a torch and flint & steel.

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren

"Your both crazy. And I would be crazy to let me get sepperated from our best fighters with our best equipment. I will come with you! And Charlie, explain Mik the spelunking-thing, please."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"Why do we always have to explore things? I hate the dark scary cave...and wouldn't going down be where the water is going to go if it starts to flood?" Trid seems quite scared of going deeper into the cave.

"But I ain't going to be the only one standing here either...I guess I can follow you guys. We stand a better chance together."

Dekana

Explorer
Darren said:
And Charlie, explain Mik the spelunking-thing, please."
Charlie stutters for a moment, caught off guard by the question. "It's uh, it's like..." He bends over to pick over a rock, then tosses it into the rising flood water. It makes a distant 'SPLUNK!' noise. "It's like that! Spelunking is when ya dive headfirst into something cold and scary."

"Don'cha worry nothing, Trid. We can always come back here if it gets too dangerous. I just think it's better to have a look now rather than later if this cave gets flooded."

renau1g

First Post
Seeing the obviousness of the answer, Mikhail is slightly embarressed and his face reddens somewhat. Trying to save face in front of the others he'll blurt out "Well let's go splunk de cave" as he attempts to light the torch.

Remove ads