• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the World, Chapter One

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=For Voldrath only]While he ponders the sky, Riggan tries to think of what he's heard about the nearby towns.
[sblock=OOC]Survival, Weather Sense: D20+4
Knowledge(untrained): D20+1[/sblock]

[sblock=For Voldrath only]Results Survival, Weather Sense: (1d20+4=21)
The pressure seems to be changing, there may be a storm coming in.
Results Knowledge(untrained): (1d20=16)
Barlonis is to the northeast. Your thorp is quite familiar with this city. Its mostly a mining town, but you know there are some smaller training guilds. This town is almost two weeks away to the north. Your thorp has traded with this city the most, and gypsy merchants from Barlonis have supplied Sidel in the past.

Voso is to the southeast. Not much is known about this town. It is about two to three weeks due south. Once an adventurous lad traveled to Voso, and came back with stories of beautiful people and pubcrawling marathons. Not too many details there.

Bastoken is the biggest mystery. Nobody is quite sure how far away it is. There has never been any visitors from this city due east from Sidel. Two attempts have been made to travel to this city. Two groups of adventurous people from your thorp have set out. One party never returned. The other party had one survivor, coming back completely out of his mind, muttering something about monsters without skin on their heads, and cloaked black creatures that fell from the trees, devouring his friends.

Anyone who has ventured to the West has never returned. That leads to the Shadow Forest, and the end of the world so you've been told. The forest is so dark its said that travelers simply never see the edge coming, they just fall to oblivion.

[/sblock][/sblock]

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=For nick012000 only]Malixus is making Knowledge: Arcana and Knowledge: The Planes checks, to try to see if he knows anything about magician's guilds or planar effects associated with any of the aforementioned locations.

Results:
Arcana: (1d20+5=13)
You have heard rumor that there is a wizard in Barlonis thats known to take apprentices.

Knowledge: Planes (1d20+5=20)
You have no planar knowledge of any of the areas.

NOTE: I am not your accountant. Don't make me look up your die modifiers again. When posting dice rolls make sure you put the dice roll with modifiers in the ooc post, i.e. Arcana 1d20+5, Knowledge: Planes 1d20+5. Failure to comply in the future will result in unmodified dice rolls.
[/sblock]

nick012000

First Post
"I'm for heading to Barlonis. I've heard there's a wizard there who takes apprentices, and I'd like a shot at learning the Art that Ma never got the chance to teach me fully."

Walking Dad

First Post
Shadowforest? Barlonis sounds the way to go.

[sblock=ooc]Knowledge nature +3: Does he knows anything about the fey or the giants of the Shadowforest?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voldrath

Explorer
Still pondering the sky Riggan ads his voice to the growing consensus."I agree, Barlonis. Its closer If I'd heard right. Mining town aint it? Bound to be work of some kind or or other." Sniffing experimentally He finaly returns his attention to the terrestrial. "Storms a commin. I can't tell fer sure how soon with all this smoke. Any of yall know if theres any kind of cover long the north road? Cave or sumthin?"

renau1g

First Post
Mikhail will glance at the fallen man with torn emotions, on one hand he wanted the man to pay for his crimes, on the other there is some regret that he was murdered. Looking at the others and what knowledge they seem to have makes Mikhail feel even more like a backwater peasant, he didn't know anything about these other places. Hearing that a mining town is close Mikhail's spirits will be lifted and he'll announce in his deep resonating voice"Barlonis, dat sounds like a good place for some honest work. I don't s'pose any ya got a tent or nuthin' "

Walking Dad

First Post
The death of the blacksmith left a strange cold in Darren's heart.

Hearing the questions about a tent he gets an idea. Perhaps we can use some blankets or other materials from Malixus's hut to improvise some tents?

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=For the group]I did a round of spot checks. Mikhail (Renau1g) and Riggan (Voldrath) passed.[/sblock]

[sblock=For renau1g only]You notice that the shop, other than being on fire, it more or less in tact. There was no robbery, and there is equipment still in the building. In fact, looking around, there seems to be a lot of abandoned items laying around. It appears as if your party is the last living people in this town, everyone else has gone.[/sblock]

[sblock=For Voldrath only]You notice something different about the dagger in the back of the dead man. It didn't look like a regular dagger.[/sblock]

evillyn666

First Post
Rosette stands over the body in silence. Her steadfast gaze simmers in a heated fury matched only by the fires roaring in the background. Although the blacksmith had a less than charitable reputation, one must wonder as to which of many sins is so deserving of such seething hatred. Finally she manages to pull herself away from the scene, but not before spitting all of her pent up disgust upon the victim's lifeless corpse.

"Barlonis it is then. We should take what we can loot here before leaving.", she agrees and then scans the area and shop for what items of use are still around for the taking.

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren nods in agreement. We should start with the surrounding area. Also take blankets and other things we could use to built tents.

[sblock=ooc]Search check: 1d20+2[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads