• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the World, Chapter One

Voldrath

Explorer
Drawn by a glint of firelight Riggans attention returns to the dagger. Staying as far from the burning building as possible, he kneels down to examine the scene in greater detail. "could one of yall ask the others if they saw anything? I've never been good at talkin ta folks."

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"Yep, I'll ask around." Charlie takes one last look at the raging fire and the corpse, then runs off to the closest group of departing villagers.

When he catches up with them, he begins asking questions. "Hey, wuss' going on? Roran's lying dead in dirt and his shop's on fire! And why are ya'll leaving? Where are you going?" If this group of villagers isn't receptive to his questions, Charlie runs to the next group and repeats his questions. He does this several times if needed, until he gets his answers.

[sblock=rolls]Gather information: d20+2[/sblock]

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=For Voldrath only]Drawn by a glint of firelight Riggans attention returns to the dagger. Staying as far from the burning building as possible, he kneels down to examine the scene in greater detail. "could one of yall ask the others if they saw anything? I've never been good at talkin ta folks."
[sblock=ooc, DM Note]
The dagger catches your eye. Its pretty ornate, with dark red sapphires embedded in the handle. At the end, there is a rounded crest of a Black Scorpion.

Also, from where you stand examining the blacksmith, you can see several suits of leather armour, and some other equipment in the shop. The smithy is relatively unlooted, and unless someone acts quickly, everything in it will be consumed by the fire.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=for Dekana only]"Yep, I'll ask around." Charlie takes one last look at the raging fire and the corpse, then runs off to the closest group of departing villagers.

When he catches up with them, he begins asking questions. "Hey, wuss' going on? Roran's lying dead in dirt and his shop's on fire! And why are ya'll leaving? Where are you going?" If this group of villagers isn't receptive to his questions, Charlie runs to the next group and repeats his questions. He does this several times if needed, until he gets his answers.

[sblock=rolls]Gather information: d20+2[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc, DM Note]
RESULTS: 7. Nobody seems to know anything. They just woke up to the blacksmith laying face down in the mud, with a dagger in their back. Most of them are going to Barlonis, while a few are attempting a run at Voso.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=for Walking Dad only]Darren nods in agreement. We should start with the surrounding area. Also take blankets and other things we could use to built tents.

[sblock=ooc]Search check: 1d20+2[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc, dm note]
RESULTS: 20. You fine enough blankets to make enough bedrolls for everyone. You also find enough canvas to make three tents.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=for evillyn666]Rosette stands over the body in silence. Her steadfast gaze simmers in a heated fury matched only by the fires roaring in the background. Although the blacksmith had a less than charitable reputation, one must wonder as to which of many sins is so deserving of such seething hatred. Finally she manages to pull herself away from the scene, but not before spitting all of her pent up disgust upon the victim's lifeless corpse.

"Barlonis it is then. We should take what we can loot here before leaving.", she agrees and then scans the area and shop for what items of use are still around for the taking.

[sblock=dm note]
In one of the huts, you find a cache of food. Enough for 14 trail rations. Moving onto another hut, you find three fully equiped backpacks. Contents:

Pack 1:
Belt Pouch
Bedroll
Lantern (hooded)
10 Oil Flasks
Flint & Steel
Shovel
Bag with 15 small Caltrops
Signal Whistle
Waterskin

Pack 2:
Belt Pouch
Bedroll
10 Torches
4 Oil Flasks
Flint & Steel
10 pcs of chalk
Mirror
Crowbar
Waterskin

Pack 3:
Belt Pouch
Bedroll
Tent
10 Torches
5 Oil Flasks
Flint & Steel
50 foot Rope
Grappling Hook
Waterskin
Piece of Parchment. There is some writing on it, but you don't understand the language.

The waterskins are full, and the packs seem ready to go. Someone left in a hurry, leaving behind these packs.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okay, I changed my mind about maintaining offline character sheets. Here is the RG thread for the characters in this game:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=221744

All players need to post their characters there. It will just be easier on me if you guys maintain your character sheets, which you should anyway, rather than me keeping them offline.
[/sblock]

Voldrath

Explorer
Riggan's eyes widen as he examines the hit "This here dagger looks kinda valuable. Should we uh, you know, take it?" Jumping exaggeratedly at a sudden loud pop from the burning smithy He gestures at the few racks of simple armor and miscellaneous gear as yet untouched. "If we want any gear out of there w-, uh yall better get it fore tha f-fire dose!"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
bytor4232 said:
[sblock=for Walking Dad only]Darren nods in agreement. We should start with the surrounding area. Also take blankets and other things we could use to built tents.

[sblock=ooc]Search check: 1d20+2[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc, dm note]
RESULTS: 20. You fine enough blankets to make enough bedrolls for everyone. You also find enough canvas to make three tents.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Keep me posted, when Darren has finished scavenging.[/sblock]

nick012000

First Post
Voldrath said:
Riggan's eyes widen as he examines the hit "This here dagger looks kinda valuable. Should we uh, you know, take it?" Jumping exaggeratedly at a sudden loud pop from the burning smithy He gestures at the few racks of simple armor and miscellaneous gear as yet untouched. "If we want any gear out of there w-, uh yall better get it fore tha f-fire dose!"

Malixus nods.

"Good idea. I'll help."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads