• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Introducing a new character 1/2 way through The Island at the Axis of the World

born2streak

First Post
The party in my game have just gotten onto Axis Island. This makes introducing a new character into the group somewhat problematic. How would you do it?
Thanks.

jacktannery

Explorer
I had the same issue. I introduced a danoran scientist who had beceome disillusioned with Danor. He met the PCs and switched sides on the island. It seemed to work.

hirou

Explorer
Where exactly are they? I'd say, depending on timing, new PC can be:
-one of the "elite" constables from Tanya's group;
-Nicolas Dupier;
-native of the island, who is fed up by constant conflicts around it;
-another Danoran soldier, seeking shelter in the woods from the duchess forces;
-inside man from duchess army;
-prisoner from brig.

hirou

Explorer
The group is currently just about to leave the mine & the new character is a female eladrin bard.

This... complicates things a bit. Eladrins are not that easy to come by... Perhaps, she's a dame from duchess court, similar to Sokana, who for some reason disagreed with island invasion plans. Perhaps... she IS Sokana, if you'd allow a bit of retconning. She could be a native to the island, masked as elf to pass unseen by Danoran researchers, but this stretches the suspense of disbelief a bit...

Remove ads