• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Introducing Dragonlance's Iconic - And Upgraded! - Death Knight, Lord Soth!

WotC has posted a video introducing the iconic Dragonlance villain Lord Soth (albeit with the words "Lord Soth is Tiamat's favourite death knight"....) Upgraded from the original Dragonlance adventures and novels, Soth now rides on a death dragon! In fact he is able to resurrect dead dragons as death dragons under his command. The SSI gold box video game, Death Knights of Krynn, was an...

WotC has posted a video introducing the iconic Dragonlance villain Lord Soth (albeit with the words "Lord Soth is Tiamat's favourite death knight"....)

Upgraded from the original Dragonlance adventures and novels, Soth now rides on a death dragon! In fact he is able to resurrect dead dragons as death dragons under his command. The SSI gold box video game, Death Knights of Krynn, was an inspiration for parts of this adventure.

One of the most iconic images of Lord Soth was painted by Keith Parkinson (and you can buy a print from his website). It features Soth aboard his nightmare steed, leading his legion of skeletal warriors into battle.

th-460934386.jpg

This might be a trendy spoiler, cool as it is! Personally I dint think so, fwiw.
He rides and brings back Death Dragons whose breath weapon kills you and makes you a part of his undead legion.
Lol, that's not a spoiler - in fact, that's a plot point of the old CRPG Death Knights of Krynn from the early '90s!

Edit. Which of course is mentioned in the original post, which I somehow missed...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hmm, I might just buy Lord Soth (and kender!) and his mount separately on D&D Beyond reskin him for my campaign. His mechanics wouldn't be out of place for an Arthas Menethil-type from World of Warcraft, for instance. (Obviously, a direct one-to-one Arthas based on him as a raid boss would have different abilities.)

And, oh yes, I will have kender as an option in planar campaigns. I have players and I trust and it'd be interesting to see them give the kender a try.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas

Let's see if that loads...

Amazing what they did with 16 colors and 320x200 pixels!

EDIT: ah, rats, it's another character riding the death dragon, not Lord Soth.

bulletmeat

Adventurer

Still, that game was a killer.

darjr

I crit!

Well, I have learned that you can take your mustache with you.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Hmm, I might just buy Lord Soth (and kender!) and his mount separately on D&D Beyond reskin him for my campaign. His mechanics wouldn't be out of place for an Arthas Menethil-type from World of Warcraft, for instance. (Obviously, a direct one-to-one Arthas based on him as a raid boss would have different abilities.)
Hopefully I won't have to kill Soth a thousand times just to get his stupid horse.

Remove ads

Remove ads