Invasion. Gathering of Heroes (February 1930)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Escape from the Dark tunnels(Vincent)

Vincent manages to swim in the tunnel fast enough, his vision is blurred by the lifted sediments. The tunnel behind him is also collapsing! Frantically, he manages to swim fast enough, and pulls himself through the episode. As he surfaces, he notices he's not in the caves any more, but in the city's sewer system. Yikes! That's a turd floating over there!
Even more frightened than in the strange room, Vincent looks for a ladder to the street, and soon finds one, and pulls himself up, with the few strengths he still has, pushing the heavy metal door upside.

He hears a car stopping at high speed, it's breaks making a "JEEEEEEEEEEK!" that leaves your head ringing. As he pulls himself up from the sewer, stunned, half drowned and sporting the most disgusting clothes he is surprised once more. There, coming out of the car, is doctor Wilkinson, with a stranger.

OOC: As you missed the swim check, Vincent looses 1 point of constitution permanently, representing the brain and lung damage from lack of oxigen, and possible conical illnesses he might caught in the sewer waters.

Suddenly in front of the restaurant! (Percy and George)

Even as the pair in the car finished talking and were about to park, the metal dish covering a sewer entrance suddenly bursts up! George pulls the breaks, and the car goes slightly to the left to avoid the obstacle, making a "JEEEEEEEEEEK!" noise. As both man step out of the car, they see a man, covered in sewer waters and in a a heavy coat, soaked in the foul liquid. George recognize him, he was the Italian man that was with inspector Jasper.

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George was pulling up to park when the sew cover in front of him opens. Slamming on the breaks and pulling to the left, he barely misses plunging the vehicle's right tire into the hole on top of the emerging man.

George brings the car to a stop and jump out. "Are you trying to get yourself killed? Are you cra..." George recognizes the soaked man. "Vincent?? Man, what are you doing down there." Then it occurs to George that this may count as strange behavior. So George remains cautious and says, "Vincent, let me check you for injuries." George gets his Parasite Detector and uses it. If a parasite is detected, George keeps the result to himself saying only "You don't look too bad.". If no parasite is detected, George looks to Percy and says, "He's 'good'."

Also, if Vincent actually is noticeably injured, George will get out his Dermal Regeneration device and use it on the man.

Once everything calms down a little, "Hey, we need to get you cleaned up. We were about to get something to eat. But we can delay that a little bit while you .....oh!" George collects his manners. "Let me introduce you two. Percy Ambleton-Smythe, a British Government Employee. Vincent ... What was your last name again?" A slight pause. "Who is assisting with the investigations here."

Felix1459

First Post
Fighting back the urge to vomit, standing with his hands on his knees, Vincent looks up at George and says in his New York accent "It's Donnelly.....Doc.....Thomas Donnelly.....but you can call me Tommy.....like the gun." pausing as he simultaneously gasps for air while trying not to breath in the foul stench.

"If'n you don't mind I'm gonna go into that store over there and buy some new duds..." he looks over at George while he waves his little machines at him "Hey, Doc. You think you and you're government friend can hang on to this for me? I mean to give it back to Capone, piece by piece." he says as he unhooks Al Capone's Tommy Gun from the leather strap it had been attached to and hands it to George.

"Oh and have either of you heard from Jasper? We kind of got separated a while back and I want to make sure he's ok. Did anything come of the raid at Paulo's club? If you don't know about it could you find out while I change?" Vincent waits for the answers and then heads to the nearest clothing store to buy some new clothes.

OOC: Ouch Voda!!! Can I try a fortitude save for that swim check buddy?

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
If being introduced to a stranger who had just emerged from the sewers and was still covered in excrement surprised Percy, he didn't show it. Instead he held his hand out to shake hands and said, with an English accent, "Mr Donnelly, sorry I mean Tommy, I'm delighted to meet you."

When Tommy mentioned going shopping, Percy say "Do you mind if I join you Tommy. I left England rather suddenly and didn't have time to pack. We wouldn't be long George." Percy is following Tommy to the shops, when he has a though. "Ah. I say old chap, where's the nearest bank. It just occurred to me that I didn't even have time to change any money."

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George helps both men get to the appropriate banks and/or shops. He tries to keep them together for the most part, stopping at a bank first and then proceeding to the required shops.

He will then take them to the restaurant for a meal.

He also tries to keep the discussions about the parasites and the missions the men are on away from the general public ear, warning not to discuss anything publicly that is not already in the public news papers.

(ooc: Of course, it's quite possible that these men will school him on the proper ways to talk, or not talk, about such subjects.)

ghostcat

First Post
Percy Ambleton-Smythe

Percy accompanies George and Tommy on a shopping trip. All the time keeping up a totally inconsequentially and spurious conversation about how its his first time in New York and the sights he plans to see.

Apart from changing pounds into dollars, he buy things like toiletries and underwear. Unfortunately, when it comes to things like shirts, trousers and jackets, he can't find anything that a gentleman wouldn't be seen dead in. Finally, just as he is about to give up in disgust and get something sent over from England. Just then he finds a couple of pairs of slacks and casual shirts, on the cheap rack, that he is just about prepared to be seen wearing.

Felix1459

First Post
Vincent asks for some water and tells the tailor/ shopkeeper his sizes (Which the tailor, having any experience would note that he orders sizes slightly bigger than he actually is). He takes care to wash down his bracers in private and dries them first. They are the first thing he puts back on and then he dresses himself and asks for another bucket of water abd some note towels. He takes his guns apart and washes them, using the towel to dry each part and each individual bullet. He then joins the others and goes to dinner.

Once in the privacy of the booth, and with Al Capone's Tommy securely fastened under his new trenchcoat, he explains to the others the events that unfolded at the club abd asks about the results of the raid. He also asks if there had been and sinkholes that appeared nearby Paulo's club.

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George has part way through his meal when Vincent asks about the raid and the possible sink hole, George says, "Actually, I've been quite busy with a project that I'll explain further in a little while." he taps the satchel beside him, "That, and running errands, including picking up Percy. I was at police headquarters yesterday but didn't catch any info on the raid. We're due back there as soon as we're through here, so we'll find out more in a little bit."

When the others are ready, George drives them to police headquarter.

Felix1459

First Post
Before leaving to Police Headquarters, Vincent takes George aside, with the guise of having him help dispose of the smelly clothes and says "Oh and one more thing Doc..." as he takes out the scepter he found and shows it to George. He quicky explains the rest of the story and before leaving he takes the scepter back promising George "Don't worry Doc, you'll get to see it again later."

ghostcat

First Post
Percy proceeds George and Tommy out of the restaurant and gets in the car. This time remembering that the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Remove ads