Invasion. Gathering of Heroes (February 1930)

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George looks over the scepter with much interest. But before he has enough time to really learn anything about the scepter, Vincent takes it back. George breaths a sigh, knowing that Vincent is right. This is not the time or place to be studying some new artifact.
George joins the men at the car and drives toward police headquarters.

Felix1459

First Post
"Capone will be looking for me. So I might need to skip out and bring the fight to him. If I can get to him, it'll be quick. You don't need to tag along but Capone is behind all the murders that have been happenning around here. Figure I might be able to get some answers out of him before I shut him down." Vincent says to George.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The Police Station

When the trio arrives to the station, Charleston's car is already parked there.

"Well, if it's not my new employee." Charleston says addressing Vin. "Anything new that you've found? I was wondering where's Inspector Jasper. We have a text in russian that needs translation." shaking a note.

Without waiting for an answer, he points a fat finger at Percy. "Seems your sample from the box matches the dead worms we've found in the victim's heads. Our scientists are trying to extract it from that cocoon it has. Also the alcohol samples you brought were... strange. Perhaps you can take a look at them Wilkinson. My guys are clueless." Charleston takes a moment to breath. "So, any lead on the responsible for all this madness?" he eyes the three of you intently, waiting for an answer.

Sorry for the delay guys!

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George waits as the other two friends answer, in case their responses contain info that might help him. He then heads to the police lab to check out the cocoon and the alcohol.

When in the police lab, George makes use of the police lab techs to assist him with his experiments/research. He only spends a short time studying the cocoon. He makes sure that he never touches it with bare hands nor allows anyone else to do so. He also makes sure that it is kept sealed inside of containers and/or windowed experiment boxes(
60-500240001-f.jpg
or
60-500282000-f.jpg
) at all times. (Research (1d20+14=18))

If the lab does not have a 'glove box' or if 'glove boxes' have not been invented yet, George will design one and have several built. He thinks, 'Glass fish tanks, especially larger ones with thicker glass, would be a good starting point for building a glove box from scratch. But maybe making it from clear plastic would be less fragile than glass.' He does not want this live worm getting loose to infect some one. (For the first one, Craft, Mechanical (1d20+18=34). And then up to 3 more, Craft, Mechanical (1d20+18=28, 1d20+18=36, 1d20+18=24))

He also studies the alcohol in a glove box, just in case it has any living creatures in it, visible or microscopic. Also, in case there are any toxic chemicals in the solution. (Research (1d20+14=31))

(OOC:Let me know if I need to make any other rolls.)

ghostcat

First Post
Responding to the admiral, Percy says "So the two cases are definitely connected. Its nice to have confirmation.

We are pretty sure that Sir Archivald Long, an English industrialist, is in this up to his neck. The papers I brought over indicate that he is also involved with Capone. There is also another man, who we have not managed to identify. I got a good look at him, so if you have a sketch artist, we can see if you know him over here. As for Long himself, we know he's left England but his whereabouts is currently unknown."

When George leaves for the lab, Percy goes and finds the sketch artist and makes a sketch of the man he saw with Long at the warehouse.

Felix1459

First Post
Vincent explains how Jasper and him went to Paulos and how Paulo stated that he had a new, easier way of taking people out and no longer had any need for assassins. Besides, the people that needed killing were common, anyone could do it. Then Paulo got a call from Capone and sprung a trapdoor beneath Jasper and himself. The trapdoor led to a darken holding area and he tripped something that open yet another trapdoor and they landed in a pool of water. There he was separated from Jasper and made his way to another room via an underwater tunnel. The next thing he knew he was in another underground cavern and it began to collapse. He swam his way out and ended up in a sewer. He mulled around a bit and came out near (insert intersection here). Vincent advises looking into any sinkholes that might've been reported recently. He then asks how the raid at Paulos club went.

After listening Vincent heads to George and hands the scepter to him when they are in private.

Voda Vosa

First Post
George is able to improvise a glove box. A new thing to science! It took its time but it was quite useful for the research. George conducted several procedures on the larvae, and the alcohol from Long's warehouse.

George's research results:
-Alcohol: The chemical composition of the alcohol seems to be normal for any test. However, the microscopical analysis shields a huge discovery. Small creatures, no more than a couple of cells big, swarmed inside the liquid. They not like anything George has seen in his life! It occured to him that they could be early life stages from the alien larvae.
-Checking the parasite Percy bought in the strange shell, George found that the liquid in which it was floating was pure alcohol.
-Conducting a similarity analysis, George found out that the small microscopic organisms in the beers were early life stages of the big brain parasites.

The men sent to the ride have not reported back yet, Charleston thought they were still conducting the ride with Vincent and Jasper.

Percy gets the picture of the man in the warehouse. Charleston is interested in his story, and conducts some investigations on Long and this man. Percy assists the admiral, and they find that the mysterious man is no other than a famous Russian scientist, Dr. Vladimir Volterra. Volterra works on neural stimulation and mental waves. His work is somewhat controversial, as it involves "planting" ideas on people's minds, or reading their thoughts. However, privacy and free will being the most hindering features of is work, Volterra managed to gain private support for his investigations.

George examines and research about the scepter. George is able to tell it's very old, and made of a metal he has not seen, nor think it exists. Perhaps a trip to the national library would shed more light over the strange object

ThWatcher

First Post
George Wilkinson 25/36

George reports his findings to Charleston and waits for any response.

George then indicates that he wants to take Vincent and Percy and anyone else Charleston suggests (OOC: and any other player characters) to guard the scepter as they research it at the national library. "I suspect that it may be very important. At the very least, it appears to be an ancient artifact that is probably worth a lot simply because of it's age. I've never seen this metal before. That makes it a fantastic scientific discovery. The scepter's purpose, whether it is symbolic or it has some actual function, could play a pivotal role in the coming conflict."

George pauses in thought and then adds, "Or, it could be nothing but an old scepter that's only worth a bit of money."

Remove ads