• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisibility (my players keep out)

magnas_veritas

First Post
gfunk said:
But what if the content of the note is offensive? Wouldn't that be considered an attack?

Yes, but only if the invisible guy thinks of the PC as a foe.

You know, I never noticed the wordplay bit of it. If I'm invisible, I can do almost anything except attack someone I don't like or cast a spell on someone I don't like. So, I can run around invisible, get the bodies of my friends and stuff them in my bag of holding while no one's looking, and run away, not hurting my invisibility. Or I can move around, buffing my friends, without being touched.

Hrm. If you attack someone you consider a friend, do you lose invisibility?

Brad

bret

First Post
magnas_veritas said:

Or I can move around, buffing my friends, without being touched.

This one is questionable, since you are casting a spell that targets someone. It depends on the buff spell and how contextual you allow foe to be.

I like things simple, so I would be inclinded towards ruling that any spell targetting someone would break invisibility.

Drawmack

First Post
Personally I wouldn't bother with placing the note in the guys pocket just drop it in front of him.

"A sheet of paper materializes in front of you and floats to the floor."

This will not leave any room for a rules lawyer.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Personally I wouldn't bother with placing the note in the guys pocket just drop it in front of him.

"A sheet of paper materializes in front of you and floats to the floor."

This will not leave any room for a rules lawyer.

'course, if he's quick, he'll guess there's someone invisible in front of him, and make a grab...

-Hyp.

That or the players get to make a Spot or mabye Listen check to hear/see that note that just appeared suddenly when nobody was looking directly at it.

Hatchling Dragon

jontherev

First Post
bret said:

This one is questionable, since you are casting a spell that targets someone. It depends on the buff spell and how contextual you allow foe to be.

I like things simple, so I would be inclinded towards ruling that any spell targetting someone would break invisibility.
How is this questionable? If you can summon monsters and stay invisible, you sure as Hades can cast Cat's Grace on allies w/o breaking the invis. spell too. Buff spells are not attacks.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
A possible definition of 'foe' is alluded to in the spell description.

If someone would be affected if you cast a Bless spell (ie an 'ally'), then they are not a foe.

-Hyp.

Remove ads