• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisibility (my players keep out)

Olive

Explorer
bret said:
This one is questionable, since you are casting a spell that targets someone. It depends on the buff spell and how contextual you allow foe to be.

I like things simple, so I would be inclinded towards ruling that any spell targetting someone would break invisibility.

it is simple... if it targets an enemy, it breaks invisibility... if it targets a friend, it doesn't.

simplicity itself...

bret

First Post
Olive said:

it is simple... if it targets an enemy, it breaks invisibility... if it targets a friend, it doesn't.

simplicity itself...

So a Protection from Evil that targets a charmed friend does not break invisibility?

How about a Dispel Magic that targets a charmed or otherwise controlled friend?

jontherev

First Post
bret said:

So a Protection from Evil that targets a charmed friend does not break invisibility?

1. No, he's still your ally.
2. See above.

If you targeted the foe who is controlling your friend, then different story...that's how I would play it anyway.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...

That one, I would say yes, your invisibility would terminate, if the charm or control was such that the friend was currently 'a foe'.

Basically, anyone who would be affected by a Bane spell is an enemy. Anyone who would be affected by a Bless spell is an ally.

-Hyp.

Remove ads