• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

invisibility on objects?

myradale

First Post
Alright, quick one.
If adding invisibility to a wonderous item would cost 12000gp (3 caster level* 2 spell level*2000gp continuous item)
How much would you charge for an additional ability added to an item that made THAT item and ONLY that item invisible?

Actually, it would cost 24,000 gp: 3 * 2 * 2,000 * 2 (because the original spell's duration is measured in minutes).

As for your question, I assume you mean, say, a belt which can be worn normally, but which is always invisible? And, therefore, no one would know I was wearing a belt?

Substantially less than the ability to turn the wearer permanently invisible, I'd say.

myradale

First Post
Yah, I kinda figured it would be a lot less, but HOW much less is the key.

Situation is this. I've got this BBEG who has REALLY ticked off my players. I'd like to set him up as a reoccuring foe, but knowing my luck and theirs, he'd be dead the first time they see him. Love to have a ring of regeneration, but the party also scavenges like vultures. I figured an invisible ring of regeneration with a permanent Nystuls Magic Aura on it would be as undetectable as you could get.

Any idea what this would go for?
Thanks
D

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I've use invisible walls as a (theoretically) cheaper version of wall of force before, mainly so the bad guy can monolog without gettting charged. :)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
myradale said:
I figured an invisible ring of regeneration with a permanent Nystuls Magic Aura on it would be as undetectable as you could get.

Remember, you can use Permanency on Invisibility cast on an object.

-Hyp.

Remove ads