(IR) 1st ooc-thread of the 5th IR (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Explorer
Airwhale said:
We are also claiming an army of half-troll-half-dragons-half-fiends-half-hampsters... making a 200% strong army!

For a small price, Acererack can make them *undead* half-troll-half-dragon-half-fiend-half-hamster.

Just a few souls ... you won't miss them.

:)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To everyone in the IR

I have placed the entirety of Airwhale's post above in his and Zelda's roster description in the megapost.
I recommend everyone read the full descriptions of the planets as given in their roster, or in the post by Airwhale above.

I realize that Serpenteye may modify some of this, but the basic information is there.

My thanks and compliments to you, Airwhale, and to you, Zelda, on a tremendous amount of research. Kudos to you both! :)

And, there is a minor little change in the IR, as a result of your new information.

We aren't going to have a nice little Flanaess-wide war (like the Greyhawk Wars.)
We aren't even going to have a nice little World War.

We are going to have an INTERSTELLAR War.

May the fun begin! :)

((IC, Eclavdra has to point this out: The drow are perceived as evil and rotten and unreasonable. But the lofty, noble, faerie elves that everyone loves and respects DESTROYED AN ENTIRE PLANET simply because some orcs lived on it. Finis assorted trees, plants, animals, sea life, humans, demihumans, and everything else on that world. The drow see just how noble and lofty the elves really are: actions certainly speak for themselves!
Now, the elves have been given the secrets of High Magic and 10th level spells and whatever all over again. Does anyone agree that this might not be such a good thing?))

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Hello, everyone:

Sorry I have been away. I was ill, and busy. However, I thought I would post this before I hit the hay.

Also, I don't see anyone having claimed the city of Greyhawk. Claim that city amdn maybe Zagyg the Mad (CN/CG demigod of magic) and it might boost a player who is in need of some power. Or if you want some hero deities or a demigod, check the Living Greyhawk deities link further on in the post.

Nic Mac Feegle: I think the Ulek States have already been claimed by Eluvan, and they are more good than neutral. However, you could see if Serpenteye will grant you some holdings in Hepmonaland. (Serpenteye, if you go to The SV Games link you should find the Scarlet Brotherhood supplement. There are cultures near Hepmonaland that might ally with Nic Mac Feegle's faction.) Another option would be to claim something off the map. Possibly people claiming more off the map powers could help balance some of the power level concerns. Also, the Glorioles, the Hollow Hills, and the Iron Hills are very old dwarven, gnome and halfling settlements. Serpenteye might decide to boost your population upwards to reflect this.

Another option is to make a slight change to your faction, where they would be willing to claim a demigod and maybe some hero deities under a demigod as leaders. Perhaps their goal could become one of wish to raise up the mortal races to their full potential. As such, some mortals should logically ascend to godhood, having shown they can handle power responsibly. Or how about having your faction being the elan from the Psionic Handbook -- literally hiding among humans but wanting to make a secure place for themselves. (The elan look like normal humans, so it fits with your infiltrators.) Do check out the Living Greyhawk links. on the first page.

For those who would like it, there is a link to the deities of in the LGG campaign here: Deities in Living Greyhawk The Baklunish demigod Zuoken has his essence trapped somewhere in the central Flanaess. He is a neutral demigod of Physical and Mental Mastery, having monks and psionic beings. (I suspect Zagyg was the person who captured him, as this coincides with Iuz's capture.) Possibly Zuoken could be your PC and you could have a few hero deities as well.

An additional option, if Serpenteye allows, is to have some of the Knight Protectors of the Great Kingdom who do not wish to join the new Great Kingdom join the Iron League and Ratik. This benefits Thomas Hobbes and Nic Mac Feegle. See my organizations post in the earlier thread. Another option is to see if Serpenteye will allow you to take the neutral and good underdark faction that I suggested could exist. (I did include a few organizations in the previous thread. I will post them here.) So, between a hidden psionic faction and a hidden underdark faction (perhaps under the Glorioles mountains or the Iron Hills and kept secret by the inhabitants there.) Essentially, a few states with some very powerful personages to back them up. You might have to fine tune your agenda, to protecting two hidden populations and having some powerful figures on their side.

Greyhawk Organizations:
[sblock]This was circa the release of the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer and some of the stats may be subject to change. Also, I tried to create some new organizations based on what I know of the World of Greyhawk.

Bonehearts and Boneshadow: Iuz’s clerics and wizards are known as the Boneheart, while his rogues and spies are called the Boneshadow.

The Circle of Eight: Led by Mordenkainen (Neutral, Human male, Wizard), this organization has fought such evils as Iuz and the Scarlet Brotherhood, even while pursuing its own agendas. Other members include Bigby (Neutral, Human male, 19th level wizard), Otto (Neutral, W15/Cleric of Boccob 3rd), Jallazi Sallavarian (NG, Human female, W15), Dwamij (N, human male, W 18), Nystul (N, Male Human, W 17, Warnes Starcoat (N, Male Wizard, Level 20), Alhamazad the Wise (LN, male Human, W 19), and Theodan Eriason (CN, male elf, W 17.) Mordenkainen is still on friendly terms with Tenser (LG, male human, Wizard 21) who left the Circle of Eight to found his own organization dedicated to fighting Iuz and other evils. The Circle of Eight is known to have a good intelligence network, aided by magical means. Tenser has a similar network.

Horned Society: Former rulers and traditional rivals to Iuz, the Horned Society lost its lands to the demigods. Known for devil worship and the worship of evil deities, there is a concern that the dispersed organization may have people in many lands. Also, some members still fight against Iuz from within his empire. (This faction might be great for a lawful evil power seeking an alliance with devils. Mind you, as with any factions, you have to keep their goals in mind. So, Iuz is not their favorite person.)

Knight Protectors of the Great Kingdom: Once a great order in the Kingdom of Aerdi, they fell into decline. The order was traditionally split between follows of Heironeous and Hextor. Their goal was the preservation of the Great Kingdom. Most of its members now live in Ratik or in Nyrond. This is an order of lawful knights. The rulers of the North Kingdom might support an order worshipping Hextor, but not the Heironeans. So, this order is likely split – one wanting an evil Great Kingdom and others supporting states that evolved from the Great Kingdom. The latter may desire to rid their land of evil by supporting Almor (some of which is now a province of Nyrond) or Ratik. So, this is a faction several players can claim – including the Nyrond faction and the Great Kingdom faction.

Knights of the Hart: This order is further broken down into the Knights of Furyondy, the Knights of Veluna, and the knights of the High Forest. They have vowed to oppose Iuz.

Knights of Holy Shielding: This group once ruled the Shield Lands before Iuz triumphed over them. They are lead by Lady Katarina of Walworth and by her chidr aid Knight Bnanneret Incossee of the Bronze Band (LG male human, Ftr 13) a Flan General. Many are paladins, fighters or clerics of Heironeous.

Knights of Luna: This is an order in Celene, led by Melf, Prince Brightflame of Celene (NG, male elf, Wizard 14/Ftr 4) They strongly support the fight to restore Ulek’s orders, oppose Iuz, and have a good working relationship with the Knights of the Hart.

Knights of the Watch: Traditionally suspicious of barbarian Baklunish raiders, and too often prejudiced against the Baklunish, they are lead by the Grandiose Imperial Wyvern Hugo of Geoff (LN, Fighter 16). Popular deities among its membership are St. Cuthmbert, Heironeous, Pholtus, Allitur, and Mahayeine. They are split between the Knights of the Watch and the less traditional Knights of Dispatch, who do not hate the Baklunish but hate those who have invaded Geoff as well as Iuz. The Knights of the Watch tend to be mystically inclined and comprised of fighters, clerics, and paladins, while the Knights of the Dispatch tend to have more fighters, rangers, clerics and rogues.

Mouquollad Consortium: The great Baklunish merchant houses belong to this group, and have offices in many cities throughout the Flanaess. Members include clerics of Mouquol, god of commerce, wizards, warriors and rogues.

Old Faith: Centered on the worship of Beory and other deities, this great druidic organization commands great respect .

Old Lore: This group of bards, associated with the Old Faith, is known for its skills in fighting and stealth. Unlike many other bards, they cast druidic spells. They are mostly Flan of noble birth.

The People of the Testing: A group of Elven mystics from throughout the Flanaess, these elves have passed under the Moonarch of Sehanine. The Moonarch appears in different places when Oerth’s lesser moon, Celene, is full. So far, the Moonarch has only appeared in random locations in Northern Celene. They seem to have gained rare knowledge and magic. The most well known member is Elraniel Tesmarien (CG, male elf, Wiz 13.) They also have a presence in Sunndi.

The Silent Ones of Keoland: This order of mages and diviners possess some of the last of Suel magic. The Tower of Silence rises hundreds of feet into the air in a location a day’s ride from the Keoish capitol of Niole Dra. They are lead by Mohrgyr the Old (N, Male Human, Wizard 20) and have been known to oppose those who seek dangerous magical power. They are not pleased with the emergence of the Scarlet Brotherhood.

The Silver Coins: Often identified by a silver coin with arcane symbols, this organization was founded by the Archmage Tenser to be a good aligned counterpart to the Circle of Eight – with which it maintains contact and a friendly rivalry. Like the Circle of Eight, the Silver Coins have a good intelligence network supplemented by magic. Their primary goal is to oppose Iuz and other evil organizations, while promoting goodness.

The Emerald Order: This organization is dedicated to the preservation of Oerth’s natural environment. It is very similar to the Emerald Enclave on Toril.[/sblock]

Also, no one has yet seemed to have claimed the city of Greyhawk or the Northern Suel Barbarians and Ratik.

Thomas Hobes, you could claim Ratik and the Suel barbarians as allies against Iuz. They have a deep hatred for Iuz, and one of their gods, Vatun is trapped. Iuz impersonated Vatun, and they have not forgiven him for that. Ratik and the Barbarian nations do have some elves and half elves in them as well. Also, if you claim Lynn, it could well have some fertile river valleys which will boost your population considerably. (Think like ancient Egypt)

Also, the Greyhawk option -- with or without Zagyg -- might be doable. I think Trithereon has churches in Greyhawk, and Zagyg might be well disposed to him -- and possibly the elves. As you seem to have Iuz as an enemy, Zagyg and Greyhawk seem appropriate. (Perhaps Zagyg put together a few crazy schemes. However, if played, he should seem crazy like a fox.)

Holgi Hirsute is the dwarven lord of the Iron Hills, in the Iron League territories. Holgi is LG, but has been under great pressure from his neighbors.

The King of Summer Stars ruled in Alianor, an ancient real referred to in the History of the Flanaess link at http://www.tc.umn.edu/~monax002/Council/OJ1/history.html. This real, which fought Vecna and partially survived, seems to have stretched from the Griff Mountains (Paxus’ territory) to the Nyr Dyv (Lake of Unknown Depths. Based on the chronicles, it seems that its last hidden cities fell in the years following the Invoked Devastation and the Rain of Colorless Fire. (I imagine that the cities could have been hidden, as there is this story told of the Griff mountains in the LGG: “Legends tell of a beautiful land in the heart of this range, where buildings are roofed with precious metals and gems lie on the ground. Or maybe a city lies disguised in a forest.” Perhaps finding some trace of Aliador and Erieadan, the City of the Summer Stars. The article says that three cities of Aliador were hidden. So, maybe this is something that draws the elves from the Mare Mysticum and Celene together. Possibly Ye’Cind might have an idea of where they are, but demideities are not omniscient. Such cities, maybe frozen in time or hiding from the world, could even be in the mountains bordering the Theocracy of the Pale -- thus giving a logical link for your faction. The Theocracy of the Pale may be what separates the last three cities from hostile forces. Or maybe one of the cities is hidden in the territories of either Ratik or the Northern Suel Barbarians. (The article is not strictly cannon, but based on canon. Also, check my Maps and Other Campaign threads for a Timeline of multiple settings that someone devised.)

Also, another way to gain power, besides gaining territory, is to ally with others and be useful in some particular way. Gnomeworks did not have much territory throughout a good chunk of the 3rd IR. However, he was able to be a very important and influential player.

Anabstercorian: Lord Robilar, a 24th level LE Fighter, is Rary’s henchman, more or less. So, Eli Tomorast does have some connection to Rary. As for Rary, no one is sure if he became evil on his own or not.

Zelda: Serpenteye is right in that many of the names on the Oerik continent maps seem lame. However, there is a description of them here: Oerth beyond the Flanaess, a description:
Oerth beyond the Flanaess Also, the Crystal Sphere gets closed off at the start of the IR.

Didn't the orcs on that one planet try to wipe out the elves? I never really was into Spelljammer, so that might be a good issue for you to clarify. (I won't do any in character posts yet. I have to write up an in character reaction post to the isolation from the rest of the multiverse. Plus, send out letters to faction leaders. I have been working on those.)

Paxus: You could perhaps power up your faction by taking the Troll Fens by the Griff Mountains and the Bone March. I did suggest the city of Garel Endkal with its 25,000 plus orcs, ogres, half-orcs and the like. Maybe there is another like it in the Drachensgrab Hills in the Pomarj. Also, in the Legendary Greyhawk places links there was a refernce to an isle that rises and sinks somewhere near the Lordship of the Isles. This is supposedly ruled over by sahuagin and kraken. Any more ideas for Paxus?

I'll be back later. Serpenteye, should I do that in character reaction to the barrier going up post before we get started. Also, we can probably still recruit a few more people if you wish.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
William Ronald said:
Didn't the orcs on that one planet try to wipe out the elves? I never really was into Spelljammer, so that might be a good issue for you to clarify.

I think that was earlier. Remember that we moved the timeline onward by 20 years.

Airwhile is missing out few details we discussed, but I don't send them out, since I am not certain which we actually use.

I have few npc ideas and idea for my pc. So any idea when game actually start. I am gone most of the saturday. RL gaming session, see.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
William Ronald said:
Nic Mac Feegle: I think the Ulek States have already been claimed by Eluvan, and they are more good than neutral.

Eluvan only claimed the Duchy of Ulek. Also, I have no problem with being a little good because the neutral faction is the one BEHIND the throne.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Guilty Puppy

We need more colors for the map.
I filled the map in, partially, but ran out of colors and could not complete the known holdings.

William and the Baklunish need a color.
Eluvan and the League of Athyr need a color.
Nac Mac Feegle and the Iron League need a color.
Bugbear and Greater Nyrond need a color.
Anabstercorian and the Bright Lands need a color.
Melkor and the Vampire Conclave need a color.
James and the Mare Mysticum need a color.
Airwhale, Zelda, and the Wildspace Forces need a color.
Xael and Perrenland/Highfolk/the Vesve need a color.

And perhaps others.

The Hold of the Sea Princes territory is broken and won't color in.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I remember now that Eluvan claimed the Silent Ones, so I am putting them in his roster.

Unless someone objects, I'm giving the Knights of Luna to Xael. He plays Celene, after all. Is that ok with you, Serpenteye?

Obviously, the Bonehearts and Boneshadow go to Rikandur. He's playing Iuz.

I've cut and pasted the entire roster for the Circle of Eight, and put it in Xael's roster. After all, the Circle of Eight are fairly famous.

The Horned Society is already listed in Rikandur's roster.

The Knights of Hextor should go to Knight Otu. He's running North Province now (or, Northern Aerid.) He's running Aerdi, period.
As for the Knights of Heironeous, that's another matter. Nobody has claimed Ratik. Perhaps the Knights defect to Nyrond? I don't know.

The Knights of the Hart, Knights of Holy Shielding, and Knights of the Watch should go to Eluvan (and/or maybe Xael.) The Knights of the High Forest (the Vesve Forest) should definitely go to Xael.

Mouquollad Consortium should go to William. He's playing the Baklunish.

Old Faith, the druidical organization, could go to any number of players. Forsaken One is the first to come to mind, though, as his power is the Druocracy.

Old Lore: It seems Oerth has an semi-equivalent of the Harpers! Hmmm ... anyone could claim this group.

The People of the Testing: This group should go to Thomas. He controls the Lendores.

The Silver Coins: This should go to any player of a strongly good power (s)

The Emerald Order: This should go to any pacifist player, or to Forsaken One, who plays the Druocracy.

EDIT: If Aliador still exists, it is very ancient, and perhaps VERY powerful, a juggernaut sitting undetected in the western Griff Mountains. Although, why it hasn't made it's presence known is unclear ... or perhaps it is known in Celene, Highfolk, and the Lendores, and is the single best kept elven secret. In that case, I would think Thomas would want it, and that it would GREATLY strengthen his power.

EDIT: Since nobody else will claim them, and since they do work with my claim, I am claiming the Ice Elves of the Adri. It would appear the drow and these evil elves have worked out an agreement, and in any case the Ice Elves are an ancient people with ancient lore and understandings not apparent to modern elves.
Someone needs to play the Ice Elves. They are a neat conception. Since nobody else will, and I think they can (just) fit within my faction, I'm putting a claim on them.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
To aid Guilt Puppy, I'm going to color in the claims where I can.
I hope this is taken in the spirit in which it was intended, because after all there are a lot of places on that map, a lot of claims, and if one wasn't completely familiar with it it could take a lot of time to do.

Thanks for getting a start on that -- I wasn't looking forward to it, myself. I've backed up the current state for reference.

Also, big thanks for cataloguing the player info (and the megapost in general, but the player info especially)... It looks like most factions have been identified, but I still want to give it a few more days before implementing a "more final" list in the map (player list being one of the more tedious things to change, there)

Oh, and Nac Mac Feegle: If "Kabalim" is meant as a play on Kabbalah, I believe that Kabbalot would be the correct pluralization (-im is masculine, -ot feminine). Not that it matters, with regard to the game or in any other way, but I took two quarters of Hebrew in college, and I don't exactly get a lot of chances to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads