• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) 1st ooc-thread of the 5th IR (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Just a heads up from me, I'm still around, still haven't finished my history/faction info (bad, bad me!) but working on it. If everything goes as planned, I should be able to finish it today and post it somewhere tonight.

James Heard

Explorer
Take 2

Ok, this version is scarier to me at least. Believe it or not, she was a cutie until I applied the broad swaths of inky night...

Attachments

• ozmaredone2.JPG
    ozmaredone2.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Serpenteye, I want to claim Sahuagin Empire! After their Priests lost contact with Sekolah, their deity, this highly lawful; and disiplined society went into great turmoil. Gallador than turned their leader into Vampire, who embraced his new state, immortality and power that Sekolah denied his people! Population would be propaby around 2 millions.

Paxus Asclepius, you didn`t respond to my last post!

Creamsteak, did you double your population, it seems a bit too low? I think you can also claim Derro, or Edena could, I planned to do this, but I am stronger that you two.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Well, it seems that people agree I am woefully underpowered. So, any suggestions? I don't think that there's much territory left to claim, so I'm not sure what to do...

Serpenteye

First Post
Bugbear. Re: Lurker's Board. said:
Now that's the Silliest idea I've ever heard. Where do you come up with these things. ;)

Some of us have very vivid imaginations ;).

The Forsaken One said:
If I take Zindia and Nippon in whatever form or shape or inhabitants, I'll play a major role as I'm a huge madderbastard faction. That isn't really much to my taste. I

I prefer to play the underdog. Kinda did it in the 3rd IR and that was alot to my liking. Hmmmmm....

I'm very much considering dropping Zindia and Nippon and solely taking the Red Kingdom, seen as nothing canon is written about it and its a red desert mystery I might enjoy the freedom that grants to fill it in.

I don't need a huge central power role, preferably something small and characteristic.

Hmmmm....

You're right, you wouldn't be an underdog with that faction, your 13 million population would guarantee that. The role you would play in the IR depends completely on you, though. On wether you'd choose to enter into a web of alliances or play the isolationist. It's unlikely you would be attacked for no good reason. But on the other hand, since you would be able to play a major role you'd have to hold yourself back if you didn't want to and that wouldn't be very fun, I suppose.
I can't really give you any recommendations, the choice is entirely up to you and whatever you choose I'll allow it. Your faction would be weaker if you chose to play the Red Kingdom, and you wouldn't get any special adantages from me as a compensation for your own choice, but it could indeed be more interesting to play.

James Heard said:
Should I go back and read the 3rd IR more thoroughly with an eye for a map though?

Alliances, and the fact that factions were more scattered across the map in the 3rd IR, were the major reason the off-map areas came under attack. The focus of the game was always on the Flannaes.

Anyone can be a target in the 5th IR too, I'm not saying that you're safe, but any NPC attacker will choose his prey with care.

Edena_of_Neith said:
I have just modified the megapost as per ALL the posts previous to this one.
The modifications took a very long time, with claims, counterclaims, Serpenteye's rulings, huge amounts of additional information added, and scrolling up and down the post.

The megapost is now 70 PAGES long.

READ YOUR ROSTER DESCRIPTION IMMEDIATELY, FOLKS.
Serpenteye, please take a look at the roster: there are a lot of rulings on population you need to make, due to new claims.

A lot of you are in for shell shock. Have a look!
If you do not like what you see, take it to Serpenteye. He made the rulings.
If there is a grammatical error or other obvious mistake that I made, then take it to me.

Will do.

Great job, Edena :).

Edena_of_Neith said:
CAUTION:

Nac Mac Feegle's power is totally underpowered. Look at the ICs.
If Nac Mac Feegle's power had 7 times it's current IC, it might be comparable to the other powers present.

Nac Mac has quite a few Epic PLs, but he's not too powerful by a good margin.

Airwhale said:
I just wanted to point out that Edill and it's undead sister planet, are both air spheres. Also, I'm not sure that the metalic dragons are organized in any way that can be subverted. You may be able to get a small group of them, but there is no overarching government. Most of what they do is sit around on rocks (elemental earth pockets) and debate philosophy.

The only thing anyone would be interested there would be the dragons... everthing else is basically food/livestock/animal int.

Good point. An area without organization cannot be infiltrated.

James Heard said:
Ok, just trying to post some things I've been working on that aren't particularly finished or useful but I'd like to post them anyways - because someone else might think they're useful or finished:

Ye'Cind
CG Elven Demigod of Music, Magical Songs, and Bards

Also attached is my unfinished map of all of Oerth, gratuitously plain in a two color gif for maximum snazzy speed. My thought at first was that I would be able to outline this more or less in accordance with Guilt Puppy's map and send it on over to him (and it all helped me get a 'feel' for some of the coastal weirdness of the map - and yes, I know I need to fix the Tharquish lands a lot) but I thought everyone else might get a pleasant sense of the vastness of Oerth (you're all feeling pleasant and vast now, yes? Good.).

If anyone looks at the map and notices something immediately and idiotically wrong with something (like I dropped Greyhawk off the map, or if it looks like I signed my name on a particular coastline) please say something.

Edit: Also attached it my urm, liberal interpretation of GP's map with my own. I say liberal because a lot of the coastlines are an awful lot different and I forgot the rest of the great lakes when I was building it in the first place. Maybe I'll get around to the rest of Oerth if I can't sleep and I'm feeling like torture might be just the thing to help me find unconsciousness. I'm also working on a sketch of "dark ozma" that I should upload eventually, because I thought the idea was cute of trying to make a busty drow out of quaint Oz illustration.

Amazing, just amazing... Thanks :D

Guilt Puppy said:
Oh, and while we're giving applause, mega applause to Serpenteye for all the work he's done thus far, and all the work he continues to do. When the players are having fun before the game has even started (and I am, at least), that says something pretty strong in favor of the guy in charge :)

Ah, :eek: , thanks.

James Heard said:
Didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, thanks to being a moron and working at the wrong resolution for a half hour.

Pretty. The composition seems almost classical.

Edena_of_Neith said:
Actually, 3 people have claimed the barbarians. Zelda, yourself, and Paxus. I read (I could be wrong) that Serpenteye has awarded the barbarians to Zelda (and thus Airwhale) since she claimed them first.

I thought Zelda made a reference to having played them in the 3rd IR, I didn't realise she had made a claim to them for this game... Regardless, one of the first rules I decided on for the 5th IR was that no returning player would be allowed to play the same faction as they played in the 3rd IR, even though they would off course be allowed to conquer any territory on the map with no special restrictions.
So, if she made the claim it's rejected.

Guilt Puppy claimed them before Paxus, so Guilt Puppy gets them.

Edena_of_Neith said:
And yes, MEGA-APPLAUSE to Serpenteye.
Gods ...
I ran the 3rd IR, and it was 8 to 12 hours a day, every day, day and night, for 3 months straight. No breaks.
And Serpenteye's rules are FAR MORE COMPLEX than anything I created!!

I'll say this, go easy on Serpenteye on Turn 1!!!
Everyone is going to have misunderstandings, and misinterpretations. Trust me: take it in the spirit of fun and light heartedness. Because if Serpenteye is deluged with unhappy players, upset players, and questions, I think ... well, I have to wonder if ANYONE could stand up to that kind of pressure?!

For that matter, I can't believe how well Serpenteye is doing. His resilence and endurance is notable. Perhaps he is accustomed to working 80 hour weeks? 12 hour days? LOL. Yes, he is one tough DM.
Let's just say, I wouldn't run a marathon against him. He'd win the Boston Marathon hands down. :)

I honestly can't understand all this praize, though I appreciate it enormously. I feel like a lazy bum, who have let the players do most of the work putting all this together. It's not anything like what you went trough before the 3rd IR, Edena...
You have all been great. Guilt Puppy, Edena, James Head, William Ronald, and well, every single one of our players. You guys are the reason this is going to be one hell of a game. :D

Paxus Asclepius said:
I will claim the Corusk Mountains.

Granted.

Venus said:
Just a heads up from me, I'm still around, still haven't finished my history/faction info (bad, bad me!) but working on it. If everything goes as planned, I should be able to finish it today and post it somewhere tonight.

No worries.

My first impression on the Khanates would be a Mongol-type culture from the Genghis Khan era. Highly skilled and disciplined warriors on horseback. Cruel in war (I'm talking genocide here) but cosmopolitic and tolerant in peace. Neutral, with a side of evil.
Orc Reich... Well, the most obvious association is Third Reich (and we all know what that's about), but it doesn't have to go in that direction. Reich is simply german for Realm, a word with no negative connotations. Orc Reich would probably be lawful and authoritarian, but anything else is open for interpretation.

Feel free to disregard these speculations. It's your faction to do with as you will.

James Heard said:
Ok, this version is scarier to me at least. Believe it or not, she was a cutie until I applied the broad swaths of inky night...

Feral.

Melkor said:
Serpenteye, I want to claim Sahuagin Empire! After their Priests lost contact with Sekolah, their deity, this highly lawful; and disiplined society went into great turmoil. Gallador than turned their leader into Vampire, who embraced his new state, immortality and power that Sekolah denied his people! Population would be propaby around 2 millions.

Creamsteak, did you double your population, it seems a bit too low? I think you can also claim Derro, or Edena could, I planned to do this, but I am stronger that you two.

Would that be the Sahuagin Empire in the Solnor? Granted.

Creamsteak's not the one who doubles populations (unless he edits my posts :uhoh: ;)). But yes, if he wants to I can give him a few more slaves.

Serpenteye

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Well, it seems that people agree I am woefully underpowered. So, any suggestions? I don't think that there's much territory left to claim, so I'm not sure what to do...

Your options are somewhat limited by geography, and I couldn't give you a continental power on the other side of the world. But sea-faring would be a natural part of your peoples lives and you could pick up something across the ocean...
Lets say there is an Isle of the Phoenix. A small continent halfway across the Solnor with a population of 3,600,000 people and an IC of 90 (with the old equation, which I'm soon going to change, making the number 180 IC). If you would want such a territory it's yours. :)

Serpenteye

First Post
I have made a minor change to the rules, with the result that all territories now have a doubled potential IC and that all the IC-values I have set for all the territories are now also doubled. Edena, please edit your Mega-post to include this change.

Explanation:
Once I had set your populations and ICs I found that they were just not high enough. One single Epic PL is the equivalent of 100 Power Points and the most powerful of you could only gain a handful of Epic PLs a turn if you put everything you would have had into it. The great armies I'm planning to give you would have compleely overshadowed your production. Since war would likely wear you all down as the IR progressed and casualties would accumulate at a greater rate than your production most of you would only grow weaker with time, regardless of how well you played.
Any final Winner of the game would inevitably be the player who stayed away from war for as long as possible. You would all eventually realise this, and the IR would turn into a Cold War situation where most of the action would consist of minor acts of terrorism. That's not the kind of game I want, therefore I'm doubling everyones production to make the game more dynamic and to make it worth risking your armies to attain territorial goals.

Knight Otu

First Post
Serpenteye said:
I have made a minor change to the rules, with the result that all territories now have a doubled potential IC and that all the IC-values I have set for all the territories are now also doubled. Edena, please edit your Mega-post to include this change.
That means for me:
Greater Ahlissa: 360 IC
North Kingdom: 210 IC
Rel Astra and Solnor: 30 IC
Medegia: 24 IC
The Grandwood: 2 IC
The Sea Barons: 14 IC
correct?

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
AIRWHALE and ZELDA THEMELIN
(Airwhale and Zelda are working together, running a single power)
Powers:

Ratik 280,000 = 7 IC
Frost Barbarians 300,000 = 5 IC
Ice Barbarians 300,000 = 4 IC
Snow Barbarians 400,000 = 8 IC

The Barbarians belong to Guilt Puppy. Ratik is unclaimed. (The ICs will be doubled)

Edena_of_Neith said:
The Dwarven Citadels: Claim Disallowed

(see the battle of the Flinty Hills, 3rd IR. ;))

Edena_of_Neith said:
ANABSTERCORIAN

POPULATIONS AND IC VALUES OF TERRITORIES:

Seltaren: 30,000 = 0,8 IC
The Suel Imperium: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

Seltaren is a part of the Duchy of Urnst, and thus belongs to Bugbear. I might have missed this before, but the standard-rule applies.

The Suel Imperium has no population (of consequence) and no functioning industry. Its wealth is of a different kind...

IC will be doubled.

Edena_of_Neith said:
BUGBEAR

The Knight Protectors, the Order of Heironeous: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

Organizations are generally not considered as territories, they have neither population or IC. Their members count as citizens in the countreies in which the organization is based.
Organizations do however contribute to the PL of a faction.
N/A=N/A

Note that Seltaren also belongs to Bugbear.

Edena_of_Neith said:
CREAMSTEAK

POPULATION AND IC VALUES OF TERRITORIES:

Aboleth Underdark Realms: 300,000 = 6 IC
Beholder Underdark Dominions: 1,350,000 = 38 IC
Allied Magic-Using Fiends: (unknown) = N/A
Allied Psionic Fiends: (unknown) = N/A
Illithid Underdark Dominions: 1,600,500 = 45 IC
Illithid Spelljammers: (unknown) = N/A
Allied Free-Willed Psionic Undead: 42,000 = 1.1 IC

Since Melkor requested that I increase Creamsteak's population :p :

Aboleth Underdark Realms: 300,000 = 12 IC
Beholder Underdark Dominions: 1,350,000 = 76 IC
Allied Magic-Using Fiends: (unknown) = N/A
Allied Psionic Fiends: (unknown) = N/A
Illithid Underdark Dominions: 2,600,500 = 90 IC
Illithid Spelljammers: (unknown) = N/A
Allied Free-Willed Psionic Undead: 42,000 = 2,2 IC

Edena_of_Neith said:
DEMON ATHIEST

E-Mail: UNKNOWN
PC: unknown
Artifacts: unknown

Power:

- The Shadow Guild - (unclear on description)

Notes on population

The Shadow Guild and it's Forces: (unknown) = ?

Special Note on Demon Athiest's power: The Shadow Guild has the Infiltrator Trait

Color on map according to Guilt Puppy: DARK RED

Demon Atheist, you are still welcome in the IR.

Edena_of_Neith said:
EDENA OF NEITH

POPULATION AND IC VALUES OF TERRITORIES:

The Ice Elves of the Adri: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

The Ice Elves have a population of 90,000 and an IC of 5 (after doubling).

Edena_of_Neith said:
ELUVAN

The Knights of the Watch: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE
The Wild Coast (all territories on-map) 400,000 = NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE
The Lorridges (all territories on-map) 50,000 = NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE
The Dapple Forest: (NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE)
The Iron Forest: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE
The Silent Ones of Keoland: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

The Knights of the Watch: NA/NA
The Wild Coast (all territories on-map) 400,000 = 16 IC (ad)
The Lorridges (all territories on-map) 50,000 = 2 IC (ad)
The Dapple Forest: Can't find it on the maps. Since it is that small it counts as a part of the country it is located in.
The Iron Forest: Can't find it on the maps. Since it is that small it counts as a part of the country it is located in.
The Silent Ones of Keoland: NA/NA

Edena_of_Neith said:
Knight Protectors, the Order of Hextor: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

N/A=N/A

Edena_of_Neith said:
MELKOR
Allied Deep Dragons and allied Shadow Dragons: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

N/A=N/A

(Too small to matter in terms of population, but contributes to the PLs of the faction)

Edena_of_Neith said:
NAC MAC FEEGLE

The Kabalim: (unknown) = N/A
Dullstrand: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
Hestmark Highlands: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The County of Ulek (all territories on-map) NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Duchy of Ulek (all territories on-map) NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

The Kabalim: N/A = N/A
Dullstrand: 50,000 = 2,5 IC
Hestmark Highlands: 40,000 = 1,4 IC
The County of Ulek: 670,000 (unless otherwise listed (?)) = 35 IC
The Duchy of Ulek: 554,000 (unless othersise listed (?)) = 28 IC

Edena_of_Neith said:
PAXUS ASCLEPIUS

The Bone March (including Spinecastle) 620,000 = 16 IC (UNKNOWN IF SERPENTEYE WILL GIVE ADDITION IC FOR SPINECASTLE)

The Blemu Hills: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

1) No.
2) The Blemu Hills count as a part of the Bone March.

Edena_of_Neith said:
RIKANDUR AZEBOL

The Bluff Hills: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Boneheart: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Boneshadow: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Black Unicorns: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

1)10,000 = 0,3 IC
2)N/A=N/A
3)N/A=N/A
4)N/A=N/A

Edena_of_Neith said:
THOMAS HOBBES

- Aliador - this extremely secret and ancient nation under the Griff Mountains (and thus, directly under Paxus' holdings) represents large forces of extraordinarily potent elves, large forces of extraordinarily potent wondrous beings, sizeable forces of extraordinarily potent good elven undead, large forces of faerie, and possibly other forces.

Aliador: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE (Note from Edena: but it's IC should be ENORMOUS)
The Knights of Luna: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The People of the Testing: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE
The Silver Coins: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

1) Heh ;), claim granted.
2,400,000 = 144 IC
2)N/A=N/A
3)N/A=N/A
4)N/A=N/A

Edena_of_Neith said:
William Ronald

Hero dieties: Azor'alq, Daoud. (NOTE: CLAIM DENIED BY SERPENTEYE)

The Islands of Azzor 'alq: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Mouquollad Consortium: NO RULING FROM SERPENTEYE

1) But I then changed my mind and granted the claim.
2) 5,000 = 0,2 IC
3) N/A=N/A

Edena_of_Neith said:
XAEL

Calrune: 25,000 centaur, 8,000 demihuman, 3,000 human, 1,000 faerie: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE ON IC
Chauntosbergen: 560,000 dwarves, 130,000 gnomes: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE ON IC
Delrune: 750,000 elves, 10,000 faerie: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE ON IC
The Burneal Forest: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Knights of the Hart: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Obsidian Citadel: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE

1), 2), 3) Calrune, Delrune and Chauntosbergen count as parts of the Vesve forest and the Yatils respectively. Their populations and ICs are included in the ratings for those areas.
4) 80,000 = 3 IC
5) N/A=N/A
6) 20,000 = 1 IC

Edena_of_Neith said:
POPULATIONS AND IC VALUES OF UNCLAIMED TERRITORIES

Continent of Anakeris (NO RULING ON IC BY SERPENTEYE YET)
Continent of Aquaria (NO RULING ON IC BY SERPENTEYE YET)
Isle of the Phoenix (NO RULING ON IC BY SERPENTEYE YET)

Old Faith: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
Old Lore: NO RULING BY SERPENTEYE
The Emerald Order:

1) (unknown)
2) (unknown)
3) Known and granted to Mak Nac.
4) N/A=N/A (but still adds PLs to the owning faction
5) N/A=N/A
6) N/A=N/A

Serpenteye

First Post
Knight Otu said:
That means for me:
Greater Ahlissa: 360 IC
North Kingdom: 210 IC
Rel Astra and Solnor: 30 IC
Medegia: 24 IC
The Grandwood: 2 IC
The Sea Barons: 14 IC
correct?

That seems to be correct. A clean and simple doubling of the IC of all your territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads