• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) 1st ooc-thread of the 5th IR (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Serp: Thanks for the Barbarians :) They have suffered long at the hands of those who would seek to subjugate our race, and it brings the mind much ease to know that they will no longer have to wait in solitude for the opportunity to reclaim their birthright.

And now, to get involved in some secret wheeling & dealing :)

Anabstercorian
[sblock]As you know, it is not long that the Scarlet Brotherhood has been able to openly guard the rights of its people in such large geographical areas as it is today. During our earliest periods of expansion, we learned quickly the importance and power of subterfuge as a means of popular liberation.
With our successes, we have been fortunate to be able to adopt a policy of greater openness, and we are no longer forced to hide our color in many of the streets we protect. Sadly, with this good fortune comes a cost, as well, and we generally find ourselves in possession of too much notoriety to engage our foes in the covert manner which is so often advantageous.
The Triumvirate Rebellious has lately evidenced itself to be the new leader in infiltration, and for that we want to offer at the very least our congratulations. Beyond that, however, we can say from experience that oftentimes situations arise which require access to a larger territorial advantage, or larger military forces; both of which our organization can currently provide.
In short, we foresee that there will be numerous situations in which an exchange of our various talents and resources should prove mutually beneficial. Such exchanges can be negotiated as they arrive; at the moment, we seek only a general pact of cooperation to set a stage of friendship upon which such trade shall occur.
The stipulations of such an initial pact, if you are interested, are open to your suggestion. At the moment, we seek only a commitment to non-aggression, to the sharing of relevant information, and to the respect of any more formally made alliances. The first is self-descriptive. As an example of the second, were you to receive prior information about an attack upon our soil, we ask only that you pass it on; we do not ask that you attempt to intervene strongly against it, or otherwise take action which would expose our agreement or compromise your other alliances. Finally, the third condition sought would guarantee that all actions taken in adherence to other existing alliances would be pardoned as such; for instance, if a pact made with another paction were to require our assistance in fighting an invading force, and your force or the forces of your allies were to invade, we should generally agree that such open battle between our numbers is an unfortunate inevitable, which cannot be allowed to damage our underlying relationship.
Lastly, we believe it is for the best that any agreement we come to should be kept secret, and always implemented in a manner which allows for the denial of any cooperation between our parts.
We look forward to your response, and are hopeful for good and beneficial relations between our two great powers.
- signed Abbon Craylor, on behalf of the Elder Brothers.[/sblock]

Devilish:
[sblock]As you surely know, the Tilvanot Peninsula has long been a vital refuge for the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the race which we protect. Even as we continue to successfully reclaim our rightful lands, it remains an important historical and cultural center to our people, giving it the highest of priorities among our holdings.
It should be understandable, then, that we have a vested interest in maintaining friendly relations with whatever power controls the Vast Swamp, gateway to our finest land. With that in mind, we would like to offer a pact between our two great powers, of the following conditions:
First, that there shall be no aggression between our powers. This shall extend beyond the territory in question, to foster the trust needed to coexist peacably with a neighbor of such importance.
Second, that should you ever need assistance in the defense of said territory, we will provide it to you, pending its availability.
Third, corresponding to the second, that you should commit all appropriate forces to the defense of this territory, again pending availability.
Fourth, that no other power's forces should be allowed passage through this territory without our explicit consent. Likewise, we offer the same guarantee to you for areas immediately bordering this territory.
Finally, we would like to stipulate explicitly that this agreement shall only remain in effect so long as you maintain control of the region in question. Should you fail to defend it properly, all other conditions will be considered void.
We hope to build good relations between our two great powers. Please let us know of any other conditions you may require.

Nac Mac Feegle:
[sblock]As you surely know, the Tilvanot Peninsula has long been a vital refuge for the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the race which we protect. Even as we continue to successfully reclaim our rightful lands, it remains an important historical and cultural center to our people, giving it the highest of priorities among our holdings.
It should be understandable, then, that we have a vested interest in maintaining friendly relations with whatever power controls the County of Sunndi and the surrounding areas, which serve as gateway to our finest land. With that in mind, we would like to offer a pact between our two great powers, of the following conditions:
First, that there shall be no aggression between our powers. This shall extend beyond the territory in question, to foster the trust needed to coexist peacably with a neighbor of such importance.
Second, that should you ever need assistance in the defense of said territory, we will provide it to you, pending its availability.
Third, corresponding to the second, that you should commit all appropriate forces to the defense of this territory, again pending availability.
Fourth, that no other power's forces should be allowed passage through this territory without our explicit consent. Likewise, we offer the same guarantee to you for areas immediately bordering this territory.
Finally, we would like to stipulate explicitly that this agreement shall only remain in effect so long as you maintain control of the region in question. Should you fail to defend it properly, all other conditions will be considered void.
We hope to build good relations between our two great powers. Please let us know of any other conditions you may require.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
Anabstercorian
[sblock]As you know, it is not long that the Scarlet Brotherhood has been able to openly guard the rights of its people in such large geographical areas as it is today. During our earliest periods of expansion, we learned quickly the importance and power of subterfuge as a means of popular liberation.
With our successes, we have been fortunate to be able to adopt a policy of greater openness, and we are no longer forced to hide our color in many of the streets we protect. Sadly, with this good fortune comes a cost, as well, and we generally find ourselves in possession of too much notoriety to engage our foes in the covert manner which is so often advantageous.
The Triumvirate Rebellious has lately evidenced itself to be the new leader in infiltration, and for that we want to offer at the very least our congratulations. Beyond that, however, we can say from experience that oftentimes situations arise which require access to a larger territorial advantage, or larger military forces; both of which our organization can currently provide.
In short, we foresee that there will be numerous situations in which an exchange of our various talents and resources should prove mutually beneficial. Such exchanges can be negotiated as they arrive; at the moment, we seek only a general pact of cooperation to set a stage of friendship upon which such trade shall occur.
The stipulations of such an initial pact, if you are interested, are open to your suggestion. At the moment, we seek only a commitment to non-aggression, to the sharing of relevant information, and to the respect of any more formally made alliances. The first is self-descriptive. As an example of the second, were you to receive prior information about an attack upon our soil, we ask only that you pass it on; we do not ask that you attempt to intervene strongly against it, or otherwise take action which would expose our agreement or compromise your other alliances. Finally, the third condition sought would guarantee that all actions taken in adherence to other existing alliances would be pardoned as such; for instance, if a pact made with another paction were to require our assistance in fighting an invading force, and your force or the forces of your allies were to invade, we should generally agree that such open battle between our numbers is an unfortunate inevitable, which cannot be allowed to damage our underlying relationship.
Lastly, we believe it is for the best that any agreement we come to should be kept secret, and always implemented in a manner which allows for the denial of any cooperation between our parts.
We look forward to your response, and are hopeful for good and beneficial relations between our two great powers.

Guilt Puppy
[sblock]You receive a letter in return, in neatly scribed letters in fresh vellum, though the ink seems odd in some fashion - more like tar than sepia.
"To the Elder Brothers of the Scarlet Brotherhood:"
"I, Eli Tomorast, am honored at your attentions and your compliments. I admit to great respect of your organization, for in some ways your rise from obscurity parallels my own - as I have joined the ranks of the mighty in Greyhawk, until I stood shoulder to shoulder with those who once abused my privacy, you have joined the ranks of nations, taking your rightful place at the head of those you have championed.
"I accept all of your offers of treaty - peace between us! Now, be warned - this paper shall self-destruct dangerously in 10 seconds. Apply fire liberally, for your own safety."
The black pudding the paper was written in snaps out of stasis and consumes it in an instant.[/sblock]

Can't decide between Good and Evil?

How about a compromize?
If I take Zindia and Nippon in whatever form or shape or inhabitants, I'll play a major role as I'm a huge madderbastard faction. That isn't really much to my taste. I

I prefer to play the underdog. Kinda did it in the 3rd IR and that was alot to my liking. Hmmmmm....

I'm very much considering dropping Zindia and Nippon and solely taking the Red Kingdom, seen as nothing canon is written about it and its a red desert mystery I might enjoy the freedom that grants to fill it in.

I don't need a huge central power role, preferably something small and characteristic.

Hmmmm....

James Heard

Explorer
Forsaken Dude said:
If I take Zindia and Nippon in whatever form or shape or inhabitants, I'll play a major role as I'm a huge madderbastard faction.
I don't see that though. Like myself, Nippon and Zindia as a faction seems destined to play a certain sort of peripheral role more than anything else. They're just too isolated from the Flanaess and Flanaessian affairs. I've got a PC that's perhaps a bit more cosmopolitan than the entire rest of my kingdom put together, and your current faction just looks like it would be hella isolated too just by simple fact of geography. Unless the spelljamming factions decide to go a-carpet bombing for some reason, or some of the other factions decide to send massive elite and epic armies more than halfway across Oerth to attack people and territories non-contiguous and on the defensive I don't see it. I didn't play in any of the other IRs though, so maybe that's exactly what goes on- non-sensical attacks on factions that are strong just because they're strong without any regard to whether or not said factions are dangerous, intrusive, or interfere with common areas of interest.

Should I go back and read the 3rd IR more thoroughly with an eye for a map though?

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:

Nac Mac Feegle:
It should be understandable, then, that we have a vested interest in maintaining friendly relations with whatever power controls the County of Sunndi and the surrounding areas, which serve as gateway to our finest land. With that in mind, we would like to offer a pact between our two great powers, of the following conditions:

Guilt Puppy

[sblock]
The terms you offer seem reasonable to the Iron League, and they will be followed accordingly as long as our relations remain good. Please understand that actions showing malicious or harmful attempt to the League or its allies will be constued as hostile and will be grounds for the dissolution of said pact.
[/sblock]

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Everyone In The Ir, Including Serpenteye

I have just modified the megapost as per ALL the posts previous to this one.
The modifications took a very long time, with claims, counterclaims, Serpenteye's rulings, huge amounts of additional information added, and scrolling up and down the post.

The megapost is now 70 PAGES long.

READ YOUR ROSTER DESCRIPTION IMMEDIATELY, FOLKS.
Serpenteye, please take a look at the roster: there are a lot of rulings on population you need to make, due to new claims.

A lot of you are in for shell shock. Have a look!
If you do not like what you see, take it to Serpenteye. He made the rulings.
If there is a grammatical error or other obvious mistake that I made, then take it to me.

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
I just wanted to point out that Edill and it's undead sister planet, are both air spheres. Also, I'm not sure that the metalic dragons are organized in any way that can be subverted. You may be able to get a small group of them, but there is no overarching government. Most of what they do is sit around on rocks (elemental earth pockets) and debate philosophy.

The only thing anyone would be interested there would be the dragons... everthing else is basically food/livestock/animal int.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Caution To Serpenteye And Nac Mac Feegle

CAUTION:

Nac Mac Feegle's power is totally underpowered. Look at the ICs.
If Nac Mac Feegle's power had 7 times it's current IC, it might be comparable to the other powers present.

James Heard

Explorer
Map & "Stuff"

Ok, just trying to post some things I've been working on that aren't particularly finished or useful but I'd like to post them anyways - because someone else might think they're useful or finished:
[sblock]
Ye'Cind
CG Elven Demigod of Music, Magical Songs, and Bards

Domains: Chaos, Good, Knowledge, Magic
Prestige Domains: Divination, Exorcism, Mind, Mysticism, Summoning

Bard30/Sublime Chord10
Medium-size Outsider
Divine Rank: 4
Hit Dice: 40d6+240 (480 hp)
Initiative: +10 (+10 Dex)
Speed: 60 ft.
AC: 41 (Armor +8, Deflection +17, Natural Armor +6)
Attacks: +45/+40/+35 Harcot +3 keen rapier of holy power, or +32 melee touch, or +47 ranged touch
Damage: Harcot +3 keen rapier of holy power 1d6+10(15-20)/x2 (+3d6 holy damage, +1 negative level versus evil)
Face/Reach: 5ft by 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Domain Powers, Salient Divine Abilities, Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Divine immunities, DR 39/+4, fire resistance 24, SR 36, Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge +47, Sublime Chord Music
Saves: Fort +20 Ref +26 Will +26
Abilities: Str 24 Dex 30 Con 23 Int 25 Wis 28 Cha 45

Skills: Appraise +54, Balance +24, Bluff +64, Concentration +20, Craft (Musical Composition) +48, Diplomacy +74, Disguise +74, Gather Information +61, Heal +23, Knowledge (Arcana) +51, Knowledge (Astrology) +23, Knowledge (History) +31, Knowledge (Nature) +34, Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) +21, Knowledge (Religion) +21, Listen +33, Perform (Comedy) +21, Perform (Oratory) +26, Perform (Wind Instruments) +26, Perform (Sing) +67, Ride +16, Search +21, Sense Motive +66, Sleight of Hand +26, Use Magic Device +24

Feats: Elf abilities (Lowlight Vision, +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, +2 saving throw bonus versus enchantment effects), Elf Weapon Proficiencies, Bard Weapon proficiencies, Brew Potion, Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Epic Skill Focus (Disguise), Epic Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Epic Skill Focus (Perform-Sing), Epic Skill Focus (Sense Motive), Leadership, Epic Leadership, Improved Counterspell, Lasting Inspiration, Skill Focus (Perform-Sing), Music of the Gods, Reactive Countersong, Weapon Finesse (Rapier),

Divine Immunities: Polymorphing, petrification, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, mind-affecting effects, electricity, cold, acid, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, and any attack that alters his form.

Salient Divine Abilities: Divine Bard, Divine Glibness, Irresistible Performance, Know Secrets

Domain Powers:
Spell-Like Abilities: Ye'Cind uses these abilities as a 14th level caster. The saving throw for such abilities is 31 + spell level.

Other Divine Powers
As a demigod, Ye'Cind treats a 1 on an attack roll or saving throw normally and not as an automatic failure. He is immortal.

Senses: Ye'Cind can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of 4 miles. As a standard action, he can perceive anything within 4 miles around any of his worshippers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of his titles or name was spoken in the last hour. He can extend his senses to up to two locations at once. He can block the sensing power of deities of his rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for one hour.

Portfolio Sense: Ye'Cind instantly senses when at least one thousand people are involved in a project involving music, elves, or bards, such as a concert or battle involving elves.

Automatic Actions:

Create Magic Items: As a god of music and bards, Ye'Cind can create any magic item whose primary purpose is musical in nature or intended for elves such as Pipes of Sounding, or a Cloak of Elvenkind, as long as the item's market price does not exceed 4,500 GP.

Equipment: Recorder of Ye'Cind, +3 keen rapier of holy power, ring of weaponbreaking, ring of elemental water command, boots and cloak of elvenkind, bracers of armor +8, amulet of natural armor +6, crystal ball w/true seeing, decanter of endless water, greater horn of blasting, pipes of pain
[/sblock]
Also attached is my unfinished map of all of Oerth, gratuitously plain in a two color gif for maximum snazzy speed. My thought at first was that I would be able to outline this more or less in accordance with Guilt Puppy's map and send it on over to him (and it all helped me get a 'feel' for some of the coastal weirdness of the map - and yes, I know I need to fix the Tharquish lands a lot) but I thought everyone else might get a pleasant sense of the vastness of Oerth (you're all feeling pleasant and vast now, yes? Good.).

If anyone looks at the map and notices something immediately and idiotically wrong with something (like I dropped Greyhawk off the map, or if it looks like I signed my name on a particular coastline) please say something.

Edit: Also attached it my urm, liberal interpretation of GP's map with my own. I say liberal because a lot of the coastlines are an awful lot different and I forgot the rest of the great lakes when I was building it in the first place. Maybe I'll get around to the rest of Oerth if I can't sleep and I'm feeling like torture might be just the thing to help me find unconsciousness. I'm also working on a sketch of "dark ozma" that I should upload eventually, because I thought the idea was cute of trying to make a busty drow out of quaint Oz illustration.

Attachments

• oerth.gif
    oerth.gif
    33.1 KB · Views: 76
  • oerth2.gif
    oerth2.gif
    86.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads