(IR) IR Interlude between Turns 3 and 4 (thread 2)

William Ronald

Explorer
I think I have some ideas of what may be causing the mess. However, In Character, I do not have 10th level magic. Some people do, and should check into it.

If something is wrong with Oerth itself, we need to address it. I will post on this. (This is one thing I think everyone can agree needs to be adressed. No Oerth, no IR winners. Only IR losers.)

By the way, Mr. Draco, Kalanyr regrew Kas' damaged sword arm with 10th level magic. So he is as strong and deadly as ever. (Replacing the arm with Vecna's might have bad side effects.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena-I will look into the events in the Blood Waste with 10th level magic.

Lists Problems

I never stopped summoning slaad in the planar arms race

Also I believe my PC and Each NPC should have PL +1 (or did you change your mind about PL +1 for 10th level magic enhancement)
So they should look like this, no?
PC
Kalanyr (PC, Solar (former balor, former drow/half-fiend), Solar 20HD, Wizard 20 / Loremaster 10 / Archmage 5 / Arcane Devotee 10 / Divine Oracle (Freedom) 10 / Planeshifter 10 / Fighter 10 / Weaponmaster (Longsword) 10 / Blackguard 10 / Cleric 10 (Freedom) / Divine Disciple (Freedom) 10 / Ranger 20, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 6

NPC's
Eclavdra (NPC, drow, fighter/cleric of extremely high level, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 3
Iggwilv (NPC, witch of extremely high level, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 4
Keraptis (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 3
Lyzandred the Archlich (NPC, lich, mage of extremely high level, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 4
Xaene the Blessed, Archlich (NPC, two-headed archlich, mage of extremely high level, chaotic good) PL 3
Zuggtmoy (NPC, female arch-celestial, chaotic good) (ALIVE) PL 3

Misc
Ivid the Risen and the City of Rauxes (Ivid the Celestial King, the tarrasque, celestial knights, revenants, good undead of all types, powerful monsters, large animated constructs, good) (INTACT, LFMR) (S) Original PL 15, Current PL 8 (Ivid gains +1 I think)

Mr.Draco: William speaks the truth you have your arm back.

Rhialto : Be careful who you annoy, I know every member of the Black Brotherhood and I owe you for trying to kill the Valley of the Mage. If you don't play nice you are gonna find yourself in Holy Fire.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena, I'm currently in year 1516.6 - this will increase to 1517 if I spend 1 PL on industrialization, right?

Also, at which point of the template should we note how many points we are spending to advance our civilizations? I can't find it in your sample template for Maudlin above even though you intended to spend 90 PL for it...

edit: And a question to whomever can answer it first: When will turn 4 begin again? :p

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
This is sent to Vecna

"Beware Lich, some of use "children" have power equal to or greater than yours. If any stand against you I will stand with them. Oh and if you anger the City of te Gods I will force open your Pocket Dimension and let them in since they would probably want to kill you first!"

Black Omega

First Post
Take a break, see someone in the hospital,have dinner with someone and suddenly I'm way behind. Sheesh.:)

To Edena: I'm in this for the long haul, no worries.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Re: tribute. Millions for defense but not a penny for tribute,we'll not bow to the UC and give in to..oh..right..not directed at us. Nevermind:) However, the thought remains. Wearen't paying tribute to anyone. We don't think so. The Coalition don't do that.
----------------------------------------------------------------
and yes, investigaging the Blood Wastes must start to take a certain precidence. If it is something that can be stopped before it hits critical mass, we have to do so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Serpenteye

First Post
William Ronald said:
If something is wrong with Oerth itself, we need to address it. I will post on this. (This is one thing I think everyone can agree needs to be adressed. No Oerth, no IR winners. Only IR losers.)

And yet you reject my offer of peace and alliance. You threaten me with war without provocation, without cause, without logic and in unthinking hate. Oerth is at stake and you keep threatening and mocking me.
Did you not once write a parable of two villages and two dragons? The village that put aside its petty squabbles and stood united survived. The other village remained divided and was conquered. Have you forgotten your own wisdom? Or was your parable just a ruse, a lie to use to your own advantage? Is your love for Oerth less than your desire to massacre my people? Is there yet love and compassion in your heart or has it been replaced by hatred and greed? Do you want peace or war, life or death, salvation or damnation?

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
IC message

To Serpenteyes and those who would work with snakes;

You bring up the parable of two villages, mighty Serpenteyes. Yet you must know that parables are limited to the case for which they were born. Allow me to expand upon your tale, with a story of truth that I have experienced, for there are many such villages in our world.

Open your eyes to a walled village of dark;
An enternal bastion of war that knows no peace.
This fortress borders a quiet little land;
A small one, with many ties and hating the bloody hand.

It came to pass, as it always does,
That conflict began to wake its ugly head.
It started small; of course it always does,
The burning spark, the omninous buzz.

A huge battle was fought between the two,
A roaring ruckuss of a war, without quarter.
The jungle about them moaned with every blow,
The trees screamed with every spear's throw.

Now the peaceful village had the upper hand,
Truth had won out, had broken hate.
Dark messages were sent to the warriors of light,
Begging for peace; an end to the fight!

An agreement was reached, one of hope,
The village elders parted in peace.
Except.
One evil elder poured into the well poisen, an evil spell.

That night the village hounds howled,
The hope was snuffed out.

Serpenteyes, one does not take a serpent to your breast. Perhaps one day, trust may be possible. But I have seen too many snakes shed their skin to consider any change anything but suspicious.

OOC:

Excuse the effront to poetry.

Oh, and I better be reading the situation right ;).

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Alyx

Alyx said:
-----------
Open your eyes to a walled village of dark;
An enternal bastion of war that knows no peace.
This fortress borders a quiet little land;
A small one, with many ties and hating the bloody hand.
-----------

"An eternal bastion of war that knows no peace" -We were at peace for 40 years until recently. The Union of Oerth had never fought any major wars with the elven lands until you attacked us. Do not put all blame at our feet.

"This fortress borders a quiet little land" -A land of rebels. Nyrond and its satellite states were once part of the Great Kingdom of Aerdi. They broke their vows to their rightful rulers in a time of weakness and division in Aerdi. Now those oaths have been restored and they once again follow their rightful ruler. We cannot tolerate rebels, can you tolerate them in your lands?

----------
It came to pass, as it always does,
That conflict began to wake its ugly head.
It started small; of course it always does,
The burning spark, the omninous buzz.
----------

-It started with rebellion, two hundred years ago. They started it.

-----------
A huge battle was fought between the two,
A roaring ruckuss of a war, without quarter.
The jungle about them moaned with every blow,
The trees screamed with every spear's throw.
----------

-We gave quarter. Not to the soldiers who opposed us but to the people of the lands. We gave mercy and forgivenes to the innocent and we rebuilt the lands from the war. Nyrond has never been richer or happier than now. The people worship me as their savior (it's true, ask Edena).

----------
Now the peaceful village had the upper hand,
Truth had won out, had broken hate.
Dark messages were sent to the warriors of light,
Begging for peace; an end to the fight!
---------

"The peaceful village" -And who is that? Forrester? He would take that as an insult. The Oerth Alliance? It's hardly a village now, is it? You are the hand of oppression in this world.

"Truth", "hate" -What truth? "Might makes right", "History is written by the victorious", "Power is it's own justification"? That seems to be your truth. What hate? The hate a ruler feels for a traitor? The hate he feels to the traitors who divided his country against itself, corrupting his people with madness and heresy? The hatred any decent man feel for injustice?

--------
An agreement was reached, one of hope,
The village elders parted in peace.
Except.
One evil elder poured into the well poisen, an evil spell.
--------

"Poison" -Do you really take me for that great a fool? Who am I, Vecna? I do not share his madness, I do not seek oblivion for myself and my people. I seek only peace and survival. I want nothing more than to see Oerth prosper in happiness. You are the ones who seek war and death. If I am a serpent then you are a rabid lion in a kindergarten.

--------
That night the village hounds howled,
The hope was snuffed out.

Serpenteyes, one does not take a serpent to your breast. Perhaps one day, trust may be possible. But I have seen too many snakes shed their skin to consider that a true sign of remorse.
---------

-One "snake shedding his skin" would be your master Forrester. You know what horrors he committed against your people on Toril. He repented and you forgave him. Can you not forgive me, who have acted with far less bloodthirst and better justification than him?

Alyx

First Post
You pick apart my words, as you did to the original parable. Of course, from one view your attacks may be justifiable - after all, did I not do so myself? - but it will not win you an alliance.

Alyx

First Post
Re: Alyx

"An eternal bastion of war that knows no peace" -We were at peace for 40 years until recently. The Union of Oerth had never fought any major wars with the elven lands until you attacked us. Do not put all blame at our feet.

-That changed rather fast, did it not? Your attacks came sudden and swift, all the more for the time you spent planning them. You cannot expect us to believe that you were trying to build peace with us during those years, or that your machinery of war was idle.

"This fortress borders a quiet little land" -A land of rebels. Nyrond and its satellite states were once part of the Great Kingdom of Aerdi. They broke their vows to their rightful rulers in a time of weakness and division in Aerdi. Now those oaths have been restored and they once again follow their rightful ruler. We cannot tolerate rebels, can you tolerate them in your lands?

-As I was repeating a parable, I can hardly be faulted if my heroes seem brighter then they are in real life. A parable of grim heroes would not be one that lasted long. Yet sometimes rebels have a rightful cause, even in our real world of Oerth.

It started with rebellion, two hundred years ago. They started it.

-But why DID they start it? For fun, entertainment? "Let's rebel, see if it works!" Few revlutions are without reason. That is true of this one.

We gave quarter. Not to the soldiers who opposed us but to the people of the lands. We gave mercy and forgivenes to the innocent and we rebuilt the lands from the war. Nyrond has never been richer or happier than now. The people worship me as their savior (it's true, ask Edena).

-Alas, saviours are not always good people. Belief has power in our world, but it cannot change that truth.

"The peaceful village" -And who is that? Forrester? He would take that as an insult. The Oerth Alliance? It's hardly a village now, is it? You are the hand of oppression in this world.

-Opression? When have we oppressed? Has the Oerth Alliance ever sought to dictate to other nations who were not of hostile intent towards us? If the Oerth Alliance was as bad as you claim, it would not have grown as it has.

"Truth", "hate" -What truth? "Might makes right", "History is written by the victorious", "Power is it's own justification"? That seems to be your truth. What hate? The hate a ruler feels for a traitor? The hate he feels to the traitors who divided his country against itself, corrupting his people with madness and heresy? The hatred any decent man feel for injustice?

-In our world, where the truth is a spell away, history is written by any who can see it. Any hate towards us is unjustified. No hate is worth the death you have rained upon us in this war.

"Poison" -Do you really take me for that great a fool? Who am I, Vecna? I do not share his madness, I do not seek oblivion for myself and my people. I seek only peace and survival. I want nothing more than to see Oerth prosper in happiness. You are the ones who seek war and death. If I am a serpent then you are a rabid lion in a kindergarten.

-Why then your attack on our people?

-One "snake shedding his skin" would be your master Forrester. You know what horrors he committed against your people on Toril. He repented and you forgave him. Can you not forgive me, who have acted with far less bloodthirst and better justification than him?

-Now you return to your sue for peace. Forrester, it is true, commited grave acts in his war. I have not been to Toril myself, although many of my allies have, but I will take their word that beyond our world is another of great beauty and peace. Forrester has proved himself to me by becoming a power for peace when he was an only power. The fate of a world was in his hands, he he kept it afloat. Would you do the same?

Perhaps. But truly, I think not.

There. I have nitpicked at your message as you have mine. I will let you take the initiative.

As always, a pleasure to debate...

The red elf.

Remove ads