(IR) IR Interlude between Turns 3 and 4 (thread 2)

Rhialto

First Post
The prisoner laughs. "Are you trying to...bribe me?"

At that he bursts into furious laughter for several minutes, and then continues. "You must understand, that is a hopeless task. Bribery is based on desires. My desires are few, and directed to the service towards my Lord, who offers me a reward far greater than any you could..." He smiles softly here, than continues. "As such, I cannot be bribed or subverted. But still, I have something to say to you, and as you are a man of mystery, I shall couch my reply in riddling speech..."

He thinks for a moment. "On a wall, there lies a curtain. But it is not a curtain--it is the painting of a curtain. You see the curtain and the wall, and assume that wall exists for the curtain and what is behind it, when in reality there is nothing behind the curtain, for it is false, and exists to support the wall in its true purpose. But you do not know this, and expend your energies to decipher what lies behind the curtain. And nothing does, and you do not ask what lies behind the wall..."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Edena, Please Read

I have just found that a new person is running the Pomarj. Sorry, but I haven't been keeping track of what's going on exactly, RL is a little harsh right now (but not as bad as it was).

Anyway.

You said before that any Pomarj troops in the Lortmils could be kicked out by me, right? We're going to do that. A little early, I know, but at least tell me I can still do that.

Thanks.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes, Uvenelei.
The effects of the fumes of the Bloody Waste (which some are now calling the Blood Waste) are generally malevolent.
Travel through the Bloody Waste is not possible, not even with 10th level magic.
Aerial travel over the Bloody Waste is not possible, unless the traveller goes clear up into the stratosphere, and even there there are slight effects from the fumes.
Spelljamming travel over the area is still normal.
Teleportation magic seems to be going around the area, as if whatever is going on in the Bloody Waste is diverting all magic around it.

Something is going on.
There is a major build-up of magic in the Bloody Waste.
Very great magic; very great power.
Whatever it is, it isn't a friendly magic, either.
It was produced by blood, magma, and Shade, and it isn't good.

- - -

Not yet, GnomeWorks.
Your PL of 24 in the Technological Arms Race is after all modifiers and additions from Turn 3, and is your starting PL for Turn 4.
You are 3 PL away from having nuclear weapons.
You will have them at the start of Turn 5.
So will Forrester.

GnomeWorks, yes indeed.
You are easily able to expel all the humanoids of the Pomarj out of your country.
Since that is what you have stated you wish to do, that is what happens.
Out they go.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Vecna, who is still under my control, issues a statement:

- - -

I must demand the following:

All forces from the United Commonwealth of Toril and it's newest ally, Hope Isle, are to return to their home world.
They shall first take oaths to their Gods to never again set foot on this planet, or attempt to wrest control of our world from the native peoples of this world.

They shall abandon all weapons they have brought to our world, and leave them as reparations for the harm they have caused.
These weapons, shall not be tampered with magically or physically, psionically or mentally. Any tampering shall be considered a gross violation of the repayment of debt.

The United Commonwealth owes reparations for our losses equal to one slave for every one of our people who was killed by their forces and the Oerthian traitors who follow them.
That is, the United Commonwealth shall deliver unto us fifty million slaves.

These slaves shall be of the following:

One third of them shall be high elves of the finest stock, and half of them must be women.
One third of them shall be humans, from Toril, of the finest stock, and half of them must be women also.
One third of them shall be mountain dwarves.
All of them must be young, in the prime of life, and healthy, with no diseases.
All of the women must be beautiful by all classic standards of the term.
Any magical diseases, curses, contingencies, or other magics placed on these slaves I would consider to be a gross violation of the debt.

I also feel a war debt is due us.
I feel that reparations of fifty billion gold pieces is reasonable, considering our fifty million deaths at their hands.
That fifty billion must come from Toril's coffers, because it was with Toril's aid that our forces were overcome.
Without their aid, we would have established rightful law and order on this world, but we were interfered with.

If these demands are not met, the City of the Gods shall be awakened.
I will personally see to it that their wrath is led to the Torilian army and all of those who dare to aid them.
Do not doubt that I can do this thing.
Do not doubt that I shall escape the wrath of the City of the Gods, but the Torilians and the traitors will not escape.
If you seek shelter in a pocket dimension, I shall open it with my magic and let the City of the Gods in.

I appreciate that these demands will require a brief time to implement, and a brief time will be allowed.
A brief time, but undue delays will be considered a breach of the debt.

All payment shall be delivered to the God Emperor of the Union of Oerth at Jalpa, or to Acererak in Sunndi, or wherever they state is most convenient for them.

I will allow the United Commonwealth time for a verbal reply to this demand.
If I do not find their reply satisfactory, the price I am demanding will increase greatly.

I consider my requests for grievances all too little for the harm caused to us, and I am being extremely generous in my terms to the United Commonwealth.
Indeed, this is a mere slap on the wrist, and the United Commonwealth should consider itself lucky that I do not demand ten times as much, but I have other problems to face, and the sooner I see the Torilians gone the happier I will be.
Do not confuse my gentle and reasonable demands with weakness or mercy.
I am Vecna.

(Vecna then smiles evilly)

Of course, if my terms are refused, reparation shall be in blood, and it will be thousands of times more painful and costly than the minor demands I have set forth.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
From the Office Desk of Sanctus Punitor,

Vecna... you ask for my people like a commodity... so that is what your life is now. You are going to become a petty pawn of the shade, and you don't even know it yet. You are in a toy that can be traded as of right now. If I get ahold of your case I am going to the middle of the Bloody Wastes and I, along with some of the best men on oerth, are going to wait for you to wake up and see what your magic has wrecked. Then I will destroy you utterly and end the curse that is Vecna... And as of right now... there is nothing you can do about it... pawn.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Note from the Moderator:

The Shade, and Melkor (the God, not the Player), have no control over Vecna.
The Shade do have Vecna's phylactery, though.

And finally ... if you don't hate Vecna more, by the end of this IR, than you hate paying taxes, then I haven't done my job as Moderator.

Vecna, you see, really DOES believe he has Carte Blanche. (for those of you who remember my humorous article on the matter, you know what I'm talking about!) :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
You are going to become a petty pawn of the shade, and you don't even know it yet.

Don't forget, you don't even know it yet... the only thing that is going to prevent you from dying at my hand is if you decide not to come back to life. You just don't know it yet...

The Shade, and Melkor (the God, not the Player), have no control over Vecna.

I must say that if I get my hands on that Vecna-In-A-Box I am going to have COMPLETE control over his very very short future... Hey maybe someone would even trade me the box and we could save some time... Your going to die Vecna... You just don't know it yet.

Notice: These messages are directed TO VECNA... as IC comments. Not to the Moderator as things you need to adjudicate. I am just trying to get a half-re-dead lich angry at his soon to be executioner...

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Open-air dining

Anabstercorian . . . looks like we might want to meet in a little out-of-the-way place soon . . . dining with you was such a delight, I find myself needing to do it again that much sooner.

Business to discuss.

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(the following cold-blooded, horrific message is meant strictly IC.)

Vecna overhears his name being spoken.
He scries until he locates the speaker, one Sanctus.
Vecna telepathically replies to Sanctus, In Character:

You are a Child.
I am an Adult.

As an Adult, I may demand any price out of Children, behave any way I wish towards Children, and punish or harm Children if that is my desire.
The Children, conversely, must behave as they are told, fulfill any price required of them, and scream in pain and/or die if they are punished.

As an Adult, I reap all the rewards of the labor of Children, and they suffer all the pain.
As an Adult, I have all the power and authority, and the Children have no appeal and no defense.
As an Adult, I am the ruler, and the Children are the slaves.

You are the Child, and I am the Adult.
Acererak is an Adult, and those with him are his Children.
The God Emperor is an adult, and his Servitor Races are his Children.

Do not presume upon the prorogative and privilege of Adulthood, Child.

The hickory switch awaits such impudent thoughts.

Now, off to bed with you, Child.
Say your prayers and draw the covers close.
Light the candles to keep out the monsters.
And dream the innocent dreams of Children.

For waking will come soon enough for you, and you will find the Adults awaiting.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases