(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 5)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr turns to the Mystrans and the Gith

"I thank you for responding to our call and joining us in this time of danger. We are in your debt. I will do what I can to repay it. "

Kalanyr fades from view in the conference room leaving a sending in his wake to observe what happens.

In Eillisteraee's Palace on the Plane of Ysgard Kalanyr appears he walks forward and kneels before his Goddess.

"Hail, Lady of the Dance, I come before you in supplication. I have lead the drow of Oerth free from Lolth but now comes a great fleet of Darkness to destroy us for turning from them. I ask that you call your servants from many worlds together to aid us in this time of strife, for I fear this army will not be content with merely destroying the good drow of Oerth but will seek and destroy the good drow of every world."

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen appears surrounded by 10 gold dragons and his retinue. Fand Dyvyr, the druidess, smiles widely at the representative of the Emerald Enclave. Lord William Ronald of Keoland regards o' skotenos and the gith warmly. Gwilym Raonul smiles and King Glyfain and Queen Annolae. Moghyr the Old nods respectfully to Vaeregoth. Larissa Hunter of Dyvers looks troubled at the site of Mina.

"Pardon my lateness to this conference. I have been busy using my healing skills."

"Vaeregoth, Leader of the Swarm, I greet you. I would be honored if you would help us with the defense of Oerth against the fleet of evil. I have voiced support of your proposal, and I hope others will support it as well. I respect your might, your courage, and your honesty." Hazen bows politely to Vaeregoth in a gesture of respect. It is as close the formian version of the bow one leader gives another as is possible for a human.

"King Glyfain, Queen Annolae, I welcome you and your people to Oerth. May your people enjoy their new lands and their new found freedom. I also welcome teh gith - bold, mighty, and cunning. The Oerth Alliance will help you with your lands in any way that you require. I am greatly honored to welcome such valiant peoples into the Oerth Alliance."

"'o Skotenos, welcome! You are not only a valiant ally, but a wise leader. Kessel Gnomeworks, Lord Kalanyr, I greet you. Angelika, I welcome the Emerald Order to the alliance. I have been working on ways to reduce pollution and preserve Oerth, the home that we love."

"Lady Samantha of Hope Island, I am honored by your presence. May Alzem return to us soon. I thank you for showing the courage of your convictions."

"God Emperor of the Union and Kas, Slayer of Gods, I greet you. I will stand with those who will fight the Fleet of Evil."

"Acererak, I choose another option than what you propose. I respect your great knowledge but I see more than one possibility at present."

Hazen turns to Mina, and calmly regards her with his hazel eyes. There is an almost weary look on his face.

"Mina, I wish you peace. However, I am not going to abandon my faith nor do I think threats will work well with any of us."

"What the God Emperor of the Union choses to do in his lands is his concern. He has the sovereign right to make the alliances he choses -- even if I may disagree with some of his choices."

"I will not submit to your One God. Takhisis, or Tiamat as she is known here, is just another power seeking to dominate mortals by threats and force. I lived with Iuz as a neighbor for years. If he were still among us, he would tell you that I do not give in to threats."

"Indeed, I would say that the Alliance of Oerth stands for the rights of its members to make their choices. We are one, yet diverse. This is perhaps our greatest strength. While we may not always agree with one another, we respect each other."

"Your god, goddess last time I checked on the matter, is a power of Krynn. What has happened to the other deities of your world is unknown to me. "

"However, I believe there are a few things that those allied with you should see."

"Magic is fading in Krynn. Here is why."

An image is shown of a wizard trying to cast a spell, but failing. He tries again. Suddenly around the wizard is seen a horde of ghosts, drawing upon his magical energy.

"A good way to keep power out of the hands of any potential adversary. The dead are made into slaves of your master. I reject this slavery."

"Mina, even when you seek to help, you have caused unintentional harm."

An image is shown of an old woman, heading towards her bed chambers. Later an image is shown of her standing in a room with mirrors smashed. It seems she has been restored to youth. However, this is a lie. She seems like someone's rough image of a beautiful young woman. A mockery. A mannequin made out of human fresh. The woman weeps bitterly.

"This woman is someone I admire. She found faith, when others doubted her. She held to that faith until the day she died. She warned you of the darkness of your god and a destructive path. She choose to die with her faith intact, rather than to deny the truth that informed her life. She choose to die of old age rather than an illusion of youth. She chose to die rather than submit. I honor the choice of Goldmoon, last Hero of the Lance. She was a remarkable woman, your mother, and I send my sympathy for your loss."

"I urge you to consider why someone would not follow your god. Your deity is merely a voice in a chorus. Ao has greater claim to being called the One God, although it seems he may be Overgod of Realmspace or perhaps an aspect of an even higher power."

"I will oppose the Fleet of Evil, but there are more options than what you are presenting Mina. I do not back down easily. I will work with those opposing the Fleet, even if I disagree with them strongly."

William Ronald

Explorer
Secret to Forrester and Edena:

Hazen sends a message to Realmspace asking for a meeting with Forrester. Forrester, e-mail me at williamwronald@aol.com.

Secret for Edena:

The Oerth Alliance will send a message to the Angels of the Seventh Heaven.

"Angels of the Seventh Heaven, holy ones, I greet you. On behalf of my people and all of Oerth I beseech you to aid this world. We are in peril from the Fleet of Evil. We face the peril of the Blood Waste and even greater evils."

"Many innocents will die without your aid. I have been willing to send my civilians to Hope Island on Toril so that they may be safe. I am still willing to do so. I have faith in you and your goodness."

"I ask that you aid my people. I have devoted my life to my god Rao and Oerth. I humbly and respectfully ask for your aid."

Hazen also sends out messages to dwarven, human, and gnomish spell jamming fleets. He also contacts powers in Cerilia on Aerbrinnis, in Jakandor, and the Rael, the advanced star faring race in Tale of the Comet. If they exist, I contact Tekumel (the first published fantasy setting) and the world of Dave Arneson's Blackmoor. (Essentially all published settings where I can find good or neutral powers willing to aid Oerth.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
To Edena,

Earlier you posted we gain 3 in the monster arms race. Is this 3 per turn, bringing our rating up to 15, or is this just some minor +3 addition to our PL. I need this for our template. Red Goo Rating 0 of course.

Mr. Draco

First Post
secret message for edena:
[color=22222]
Edena, I just had an idea. You're familiar with the Battletech universe right? Well, Kas will contact the Crusader faction of the Wolf clan. If he manages this, then he will use magic to accomplish mind-reading, and learn of the clan social system. If he manages this much, he will challenge Khan Vlad Ward of the Crusader Wolves to a trial of possesion of a Cluster of Mechs, their pilots, support vechicles, support facilities, and the dropships required to move them (complete with crew and aerospace fighters). In the bidding phase, Kas will attempt to bring the trial down to a one on one duel with whoever is chosen from the Wolf Clan.[/color]

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Secret for Edena:

My red goo rating is 0. My forces try to use healing spells to free souls from the Red Goo and Red Steel. We ask if they will help us protect Oerth or try to at least influence others to do so. (If they wish to just leave in peace, we will wish them well.)

Can I call on other settings and systems. Maybe I can get the Vorlons from Babylon 5.:D

Or maybe Hazen's friends, the Guardians of Earth from Gamma World.

Last edited:

William, your post was to behind mine.. sorry, I'm out for turn 6 and you can't do anything to change it back. Sorry folks, to late you had your chance.. TWICE and you just left it at that... well choises are made...

So no need for any discussion, you can keep your PL.. use it well, youll need it. I thought 100 PL for 730 wast to bad.. but hey that's your choise!

Now this 730 PL isn't coming to your aid anytime soon, and neiter to the other side...

I'm staying the heck out of you backstabbing treacherous dudes... get it all under controll, stop ignoring me and maybe you have a offer that will convince us to join you.

But not the start of this turn.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Secret post

Edena,

[color="333333"]
I will try to find out why Forsaken One is leading the Monster Arms Race, the Constructs Arms Race AND the Planar Arms Race.
Remeber my project.
[/color]

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Before answering any questions, or updating the Lists, I need to make an IC reply to William's well rped speech to Mina:

For the first time since she came to Oerth, Mina falls back in shock, as William speaks:
She goes white with shock.
Then she looks stricken.

Then she looks ... angry.

I do not think Mina has been angry before - I do not recall it in the books - but she is angry now.

She looks at William, and this anger is directed at him.
When her eyes meet William, he looks into them, and he sees and feels the anger like he stood before a blast furnace.

She speaks:

Archcleric Hazen ...

Your words were meant to bring hurt and harm.
Your words were meant to slander and belittle the One God.
Your words were the words of an enemy.

The God Emperor has made every effort to be reasonable with you.
I will let him parley with you.
I will not degrade myself or the One God by allowing you to remain in my presence.

And with that, Mina disappears from the conference.
Along with the Knights of Neraka who were with her.

Remove ads