(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 5 (AND IT WILL BE THE LAST ONE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

Thanks. I saw the thread close, and I thought I would react quickly while you was working on other things.

I am reposting my history and technology links:

Technology and History Timelines, Claims
Here are some useful links to History and Tecnology Timelines:

History and Technology Timelines:
http://campus.northpark.edu/history/WebChron/

World History Timeline:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001196.html

Inventions and Discoveries Timeline:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004637.html

History Channel:
http://www.historychannel.com

Darkness, thanks for the information on the planar claims. It looks like I have the Kettish Hills, but check the claims list - there might be something near your lands.

I claim the celestials, the guardinals, and the earth elementals.

To the celestials and the guardinals, I offer to build temples to good aligned deities in my lands and those I may claim. I will work to promote peace and tolerance among peoples of diverse origins. I will also offer incense and other items. Additionally, I will work on increasing the rights of all people, regardless of class or race. Also, I promise to have all temples in my territory heal the sick and the poor free of charge. Others will be charged a sliding scale based on their income. (Kind of like airline tickets.)

To the earth elementals: I will work to prevent industrial pollution of the land. I will offer booty from battle to them. I will work with other nations in preventing industrial pollution. I also will establish trade with them for finished goods. I also will speak on their behalf to other nations.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
William Ronald said:

To the earth elementals: I will work to prevent industrial pollution of the land. I will offer booty from battle to them. I will work with other nations in preventing industrial pollution. I also will establish trade with them for finished goods. I also will speak on their behalf to other nations.

Heh, You didn't have to offer them all that, William. All Earth elementals want to do is Smash Stuff :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

To Valkys:

See if William will forward your e-mails to me, if you will them to him first.

To Williams:

Would you help Valkys with this, since Valkys is unable to contact me via e-mail?
Just a request.

- - -

Comments and Answers to posts on this thread (read this!)

Darkness, thank you.
Actually, doing what you did made my job easier, as I can now directly respond to posts from the earlier thread.

Lord Melkor (Talos) wrote:

Since Cairn Hills are near Greyhawk I claim beings of the Cairn Hills! Shade agents are working on subverting them.

((Yes, and I have noted that the Cairn Hills are now contested.))

Creamsteak wrote:

For my Planar Claims:

Metallic Planar Dragons (Dragons from all Planes other than the Prime, good) PL see the Planar Arms Race

To the Planar Dragons I offer part of my personal fortune, 100,000 gold coins just to begin discussions.

((It is no longer necessary to convince the Planars to help them. Claim them, and they are yours. Nice roleplaying, Creamsteak.))

Williams wrote:

To avoid competing claims, I am dropping my claim to the celestials.

((That will not be necessary, Williams. As the rules state, Planars are an exception to the rule. Two or more players may select the same Planars, without a contest.))

Creamsteak wrote:

I have some NPC's that I would like to submit as my commanders of my forces in certain areas.

((I will place the names and classes under your claims, Creamsteak, but not on the List of NPCs for grabs. Your submitted NPCs will not have a Power Level, but it is great roleplaying, and I think others would agree.)

Serpenteye wrote:

I'll be generous

I'm relinquishing my claim on Hestmark Highlands to Maudlin, he needs it more than I do and deserves it more than anyone else.

((Maudlin gets the Hestmark Highlands.))

Anabstercorian wrote:

I'd like to claim...

((Note, Anabstercorian, that the Solistarim are now a 50 point power, instead of a 40 point power.
I originally conceived of the Solistarim as being strong enough to take on Iuz, the Kevellond League, and all the land holdings of Black Omega at once.
Because of the Power Level inflation, it was necessary to strength the Solistarim.))

I'd like to claim any sentient evil inhabitants of the northern Dramidj Ocean and western Icy Sea. It probably isn't much, but I just want to have some sea influence - The Solistarim has no problems with non-humans, as long as said non-humans stay the hell off the Flannae.

((Your Power Level already factors in help from the sea. I intend to instruct Maudlin to place two spots in the water, one in the Icy Sea and one in the Drawmij Ocean, representing the Solistarim.))

High Leader of the Solistarim, who are North-West of the Land of Black Ice, and have a Power Level of about 24

((Try doubling that, and then some. Where are your Planar Claims, by the way?))

Creamsteak wrote:

Me and Gnome are working on a deal I think.. I offered to give him the Southern half PL 2 and I take the Northern Half PL 3 since I claimed it first... when he gets on I think he will agree... is this ok?

((The southern and northern half of what?))

Creamsteak wrote:

Are you keeping the thread William made going... did you count my claims of the planars there?

((No, I missed them. Creamsteak, please restate your Planar Claims on this thread, and I will place them in the Lists.))

Bonedagger wrote:

Damn. I hoped this would be called the sixth thread. I have been waiting for that one.

((ROTFLOL. Do you realize that we have posted more than EIGHT HUNDRED POSTS for something we haven't even STARTED YET???!!
I don't think that THAT has ever happened on the ENBoards before.))

It's the end of the world as you know it- Vecna has arrived!

((You don't do something about it, it might BE the end of the world. Vecna has 10th level magic. The Doomgrinder clicks that final click just as he arrives in the Present.))

Anabstercorian wrote:

I'd like to claim any evil intelligent aquatic creatures near the Solistarim HQ - I'd like some sort of sea defense and I'm sure they'd be happy to have the continental shelves to themselves again.

((I'm working on it.))

GnomeWorks wrote:

Creamsteak, I agree to your terms on the splitting of the Hollow Highlands. Sounds fair enough.

((Interesting. I will allow that. When Acererak attacks the Hollow Highlands, he is now attacking two Powers, and not one.
Who's taking the north side, and who's taking the south side?))

Darkness wrote:

BTW, I've also posted my PC on the previous thread, as well as on the PC thread.

((Darkness, could you post your PC again on this thread? This is a request.))
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
02-18-2002 07:39 PM

((LOL, since Darkness IS a Moderator! :) ))

Darkness wrote:

quote:

Originally posted by William Ronald

To avoid competing claims, I am dropping my claim to the celestials.

Errm, William?

(Emphasis is mine, as is this color.)

quote:

RULE 7: THE PLANAR ARMS RACE

A player can claim 1, 2, or 3 Planar Races to help his Power, at (or before) the start.
Those Planar Races come and aid the Power calling them, automatically.
That Power gains 1 point per Turn for each Planar Race helping him, automatically.
Two or more players may claim the same group of Planars.
If this happens, it is not considered a Contested situation.
A Power may claim the same Planar Race twice, or thrice (such as claiming the demons 3 times.)
Such claims take the place of claiming other Planar Races.
If you discard one Planar Race during play, you can take another in it's place.

((Thank you, Darkness, for helping Williams. Williams, to make a long story short, you can keep the Celestials, and Creamsteak can claim them also.))

And speaking of planars:

I claim dao, fire elementals, and planar gem dragons.

((Done, Darkness. I will modify the Lists.))

William Ronald

Explorer

Well, you answered my question about e-mail. I would be happy to help Valkys.

Turrosh Mak: I add "Earth elementals are allowed to SMASH my enemies to my claims list description.

Edena: I also will create some NPCs - ambassadors, commanders, common people, soldiers- who will add some characterization to the thread.

Also, as Murlynd has ties to the Old West of Earth, I will throw in a few references here and there. For example, he may sing Emily Dickinson poems to the tune of The Yellow Rose of Texas. (On Babylon 5, a character once quipped all her poems can be sung to that tune. Hmm. "My candle burns on both ends/It will not last the night/But, oh my foes, and oh my friends/It sheds a lovely light.") This may cause Heward to groan.

Was my e-mail last night of any help?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Here are more comments and replies to further posts on this thread:

Darkness wrote:

Originally posted by creamsteak

Are you keeping the thread William made going... did you count my claims of the planars there?

Heh. I'll go and get those posts over here now...

edit: Lord Melkor's post is now the first in the thread (as expected); they are sorted chronologically... Don't worry, I'll do something about that.
edit 2: Okay, found a solution, I think...

((I need Creamsteak's Planar Claims, so I can put them on the Lists.
Remember that you may claim 3 Planar Groups AND you may announce your entry into the Undead Arms Race, in which case you have good or neutral or evil undead also shown on your listing.))

Bonedagger wrote:

Since everybody else seems to be posting their planar arms claims I'll do the same.

Evil Earth Elementals
Yogoloths
Negative Energy Elementals ((The Xeg-Yi, by the way))

GnomeWorks wrote:

YET ANOTHER CLAIM

If I am allowed to, and no one else has, I would like to also claim the Modrons from Mechanus. I offer them machinery, technological advances, and the chance to help restore order back into a chaotic world.

((GnomeWorks, that's fine. You are entitled to 2 other Planar Claims in addition to the Modrons.))

Sollir Furryfoot wrote:

I claim Slaadi
Demons
... and Chromatic Dragons

((Done))

(If any of these are taken, i'll take devils, if thats taken i'll find another one heh)

((You may take a Planar Group already claimed. Two or more players can claim the same Planar Group.
Please inform me if you are sticking with your claims, or dropping one and taking the Devils.))

William Ronald wrote:

Edena:

Thanks. I saw the thread close, and I thought I would react quickly while you was working on other things.

I am reposting my history and technology links

((Thank you, Williams. I will find a place on the Lists Post or Rules Post for these URLs.))

I claim the celestials, the guardinals, and the earth elementals.

((Done. Nice rping on winning the Planars over, but you are not required to do so with the change in the rules.))

Turrosh Mak wrote:

quote:

Originally posted by William Ronald

To the earth elementals: I will work to prevent industrial pollution of the land ...

Heh, You didn't have to offer them all that, William. All Earth elementals want to do is Smash Stuff.

((There is a very real possibility of the Flanaess being wiped out. The common people of the Flanaess know this, and are either in war fever, or wishing they were somewhere else ... preferably very somewhere else, and preferably yesterday.))

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
VERY IMPORTANT - READ!

I have puzzled through the 40 to 50 posts concerning claims and counterclaims.
When you read the below, you will see why I delayed the IR for 24 hours.

Here is the summary of who has what claimed, and which claims are contested:

ALYX - NO NEW CLAIMS
ANABSTERCORIAN - NO NEW CLAIMS
BLACK OMEGA - NO NEW CLAIMS
BONEDAGGER - 3 PLANAR CLAIMS (sent to me via e-mail)
DAGGER - NO NEW CLAIMS
MR DRACO - NO NEW CLAIMS
FRIGID SPLEEN - NO NEW CLAIMS
RHIALTO - NO NEW CLAIMS
ZELDA - NO NEW CLAIMS

CREAMSTEAK

The Peoples of the Hollow Highlands (Contested)
The People of Timberway Forest (done)

Metallic Planar Dragons (done)
Nature Elementals (done)
Celestials (done)

DARKNESS

Peoples of the Kettish Hills (I am awarding this to William)
Peoples of the Tusman Hills (Contested)

FESTY DOG

Relinquished: Hold of the Sea Princes

Claimed:

Valley of the Mage (done)
Robots of the Crashed Spaceship (done)
evil dwarf NPC Obmi. (done)

FORSAKEN ONE

The Humanoids of the Jotens (done)

GNOMEWORKS

Chauntosbergen (done)
The Peoples of the Hollow Highlands (Contested)
The Peoples of the Hestmark Highlands (I am awarding this to Maudlin)

JOHN BROWN

Beings of the Cairn Hills (Contested)
Peoples of the Kettish Hills (This has been awarded to William)
Peoples of the Tusman Hills (Contested)
Humanoids of the Yatils (done)

KABOOM

Sonnmonnten (done)
Sunleai (done)
Silvamont (done)
Kindlemont (done)
Archenmont (done)

KALANYR

Relinquished:

Dark Swamp (done)

Claimed:

Humanoids of the Hellfurnaces (done)
Humanoids of the Crystalmists (done)
Humanoids of the Barrier Peaks (done)

MAUDLIN

Hestmark Highlands (It's yours, Maudlin.)

MELKOR

Cairn Hills (Contested)

SERPENTEYE

Peoples of the Hestmark Highlands (I am awarding this to Maudlin)
Knights of Aerdi (done)

SOLLIR

Heisenbaudos (done)

TURROSH MAK

Relinquished:

Robots of the Barrier Peaks (done)
Valley of the Mage (done)

Claimed:

The Humanoids of the Rakers (done)
Haermont (done)
Crystalmont (done)
Esserbaudos (done)
Usurbaudos (done)
Heisenbaudos (done)
Hold of the Sea Princes (done)
Dark Swamp (done)
Jearmeeh Kreemah (done)

UVENELEI

Zagyg the Mad Archmage (done)

WILLIAM

People of the Kettish hills (It's yours, Williams)

- - -

I need the Contested Claims resolved.

Edena_of_Neith

Serpenteye

First Post
A question to Edena

Is it possible that Kas can choose another place than Tovag Baragu to arrive to the present? If he does have free will he would prefer to land in Dark Union territories. If he cannot arrive elsewhere than Tovag Baragu, then all available Dark Union mages put all their time and energy during the two weeks before Vecna's arrival to transporting the Legions of Kas to Aerdi. This question is essential to our strategies during the first months of the IR.

Sorry if I'm making a nuisance of myself. ;)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
EDENA

I'm getting the smaller half of the Hollow Highlands, PL-wise.

Also, I think I'll claim the Formians and the earth elementals, as well, for planar powers.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

This Information is mostly a re-post, but I am covering some stuff Edena may have missed.

For my Planar Claims:

Metallic Planar Dragons (Dragons from all Planes other than the Prime, good) PL see the Planar Arms Race

To the Planar Dragons I offer part of my personal fortune, 100,000 gold coins just to begin discussions. For every Dragon they send I offer 1,000 gold per size class or one magical item for their personal hoards. To maintain their loyalty I also vow that my sword be granted to Bahamuts personal treasures when I die. (I also have an ambition to eventually share an alliance between silver dragons and elves, very similar to the alliance between githyanki and red dragons.)

Nature Elementals (Planars from various Planes, all alignments but always on nature's side) PL see the Planar Arms Race

To the Nature Elementals I offer to annex 1/5 of all the forests I am in control of to their direct command if we win victory in this war, and of course I mention just how well kept the elves have made these forests for centuries. I point out that Vecna does not need nature in any way, and nor do many evil forces such as the demons. I also vow to protect these forests the same way I protect my people. I try to influence them to join me more out of mutual respect and necessity.

Celestials (Planars of Mount Celestia, lawful good) PL see the Planar Arms Race

I offer myself in death to the Celestial court... to become a lantern archon petitioner and hope to attain higher ranks. I offer my armies services against any extra planars that we share as enemies. I am willing to offer much gold if they want, but I doubt they need much mundane metal.

Dealings between me and GnomeWorks:

I am taking the Northern Half of the Hollow Highlands PL 3, GnomeWorks is taking the Southern Half PL 2.

Last edited:

Thanks Edena but I like my claims just fine :), ah my proposal is still up, any evil orgnaizations needing a Half-Celestial, Half-Machine, Advanced HD, CE Death Slaad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads