(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 5 (AND IT WILL BE THE LAST ONE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Claim Withdrawn...

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Turrosh Mak withdraw your claim immediately! I repeat withdraw your claim!

I withdraw my claim to the region in question (south Greyhawk terretory)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ANSWERS TO THE POSTS ABOVE

Turrosh Mak wrote:

I Claim the Wild coast, as an extention of my own lands
By the way Heisenbaudos are listed on both my and Solir's Lists. Are they split between us, or is that a Clerical error?

((The Wild Coast goes to, of all people, Dagger. Final ruling. You may, of course, invade the Wild Coast.
Heisenbaudos has been won by Sollir. However, Turrosh Mak, Sleichenbaudos I have awarded to you.))

Darkness wrote:

I'd like to claim good-aligned undead (e.g., ghosts, liches) for the undead arms race.

((Done. I was wondering when you'd do that. Especially since Erypt is Egyptian in nature, and the undead there serve their clerical masters and mistresses.))

Mr. Draco wrote:

edena, i'm confused a little regarding the rules for 10th level magic advancement by PL. Let's say somebody spends 10PL advancing. They get +2 PL in the Magical Arms race. But how much do they lose? 2PL (from the 10 they devoted)? 4PL (from the 10 they dvevoted & the point they got free) ?

((First things first. Good news for your Dark Union (and thus also Serpenteye. All the commotion has awakened the Lost Elves of Adri Forest, who join the Dark Union and add their 8 PL to it.
Now...
You allocate 10 points of Power Level to the Magical Arms Race, in research for 10th level magic - this must be e-mailed to me in secret.
You may not use that allocated Power Level for ANYTHING ELSE, and if you use all your Power Level for research, you can do nothing that Turn.
You PERMANENTLY LOSE TWO POINTS OF POWER LEVEL per 10 points you spend.
So, although you gain 1 extra point of Power Level in the Magical Arms Race, your net is 0 (You gained 1 in the Magical Arms Race as everyone does per Turn, plus the 1 you bought with your 10 points spent in research, minus 2 points lost permanently.)

The benefit is that you now have a ranking of 2 in the Magical Arms Race, instead of the 1 you would have had.
When you reach a point value of 50 in the Magical Arms Race, you may freely use 10th level magic.))

The Forsaken One wrote:

Edena that mass scry I think that let's you know their location but not what their whole faction is up to and doing right...? that would be a bit lame.

((Vecna is able to scry your PCs, NPCs, and your forces, and know where they are.
HOWEVER ... Vecna's PLAYER MUST STATE to me that he is scrying, and what he is scrying for.
I will not TELL HIM ANYTHING unless he asks.

Nobody else may pull that stunt until they, also, can use 10th level magic.))

dagger wrote:

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck.

((I wish everyone good luck too. I wish you good luck, Dagger, because I just gave you the Wild Coast, and EVERYONE on all sides of it wants it!))

Lord Melkor {Talos} wrote:

Turrosh Mak withdraw your claim immediately! I repeat withdraw your claim!

((Take up your fight with Dagger. He has the Wild Coast.))

The Forsaken One wrote:

Maudlin would you be so kind if you find the time to change this faction list. We all do not need their respective PL which are wrong anyway but I'd personally like and I think alot of other if you would just list the colours displayed and all the players they represent, just those 2 coloms.

((I have done a MASSIVE amount of work on the Lists, and they should be accurate now.
I am still working with Maudlin on the map. Have patience.))

Anabstercorian wrote:

Planar claims are for pussies!

The illithid are an elder race! We only call Planar Help from one place, and that's the Far Frickin' Realms. Until we have the power to do that, we're staying Prime Material, baby.

I didn't realize I already had sea life support - That should be convenient should I actually be attacked by navy.

((Anabstercorian, take a look at your place in the Lists. I think you will like what you see.))

For clarification, I currently have no alliances and am not especially open to one.

((The goal of the Solistarim, which Anabstercorian can change - but I hope he does not - is the extermination of ALL the peoples of the Flanaess, so they may have the green and fertile lands for themselves.
The Solistarim HATE humanoids and drow, for they are chaotic, and chaotics are killed on sight in the land of the Solistarim.
The Solistarim also kill elves, non-Flannae humans, halflings, and many other races on sight.
Mercy and pity, are not words in the Solistarim vocabulary.))

Maudlin wrote:

Mr. Draco - as I understand magical research, for every fraction of 10 PL you dedicate each turn, you lose 2 PL permanently. For every FULL 10 PL you dedicated, you gain 1 point in the magical arms race, in addition to an automatic 1 point you gain each turn.

((Correct. Every fraction, so spending 10 points is wise, and spending 9 or less is not wise. Either way, you lose 2 points of Power Level permanently.
But you gain the exact fraction of the points you spent - spend 9 points, and then 3 the next turn, and you'd gain 1.2 points in the Magical Arms Race (a bookkeeping headache for me, but oh well ...))

So, if you dedicated 100 PL, you'd lose 20 PL permanently and gain 11 points in the arms race.

((That is exactly right. Once you reach 50 in the Magical Arms Race, you may freely use 10th level magic.))

Serpenteye wrote:

Edena

(OOC, secret information)

((The information below does not stay secret for very long.
It is known within minutes of the Spelljammers taking off by everyone!
What is written below is a VERY CREATIVE idea! Cheers, Forsaken One!

But ...

Spelljamming ships simply are not big enough. The typical spelljammer can only hold a dozen or two dozen people.
And it takes time even for Spelljammers to lift off and touch down.
Therefore, you cannot transport more than a tithe of Kas's 5 million warriors this way.

The Sky League, had you had their help, COULD have transported Kas's army on their Flying Citadels. Perhaps you should talk to them ...))

The Forsaken One wrote:

We can use 85 PL of spelljammers, you tell me that isn't enough
And bone, you can scry my ass off if you want to so good luck have fun!

((LOL. And yes, it isn't enough. You need the flying ships and Flying Citadels of the Sky-Sea League.
Spelljammers are simply too small to do the job.))

And I'll claim that unclaimed giant spot right over there between my other blobs.

((ROTFLOL! Hehehehe ... just think of my job, having to describe to Maudlin what to put in all those places, and what color to put them in ...))

The IR will start at 5 my time today (in 1 1/2 hours.)

Edena_of_Neith

Well I'll use the creative Idea and Just have transported in those last 2 weeks what I could have. Festy does the same and if mass teleporting over 2 weeks will help out with teh PL transferred we will do it as well, me festy and Kalanyr.

Cheers and ahve fun. I thin kI'm definately off in 1.5 hours (22:20 here) and school tomorrow but I'll check up first thing in the morning.

Serpenteye

First Post
Kaboom

Edena_of_Neith said:
The Sky League, had you had their help, COULD have transported Kas's army on their Flying Citadels. Perhaps you should talk to them ...))

Wanna join the winning team?

kaboom

First Post
Serpenteye: Maybe if you destroyed some of my enemies first. Email me if you’re still interested.

Edna: how fast could the sky-sea league move Kas's legions if they devoted all of their ships and citadels to it?

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena, since the IR has now begun, do you still need this thread open or can I close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads